theJude's Most Wanted Parts

theJude's Most Wanted Parts
As a follow-up to this thread, I decided to create a list of parts I think are important and would like to see released officially. I intend to update this over time, removing parts that are released and adding new parts as need/want arises. I'd like to encourage others to add their own lists as well, as I'm bound to miss/forget parts and it's always good to add other perspectives to the discussion.

As a side note to the question, "Why don't you build/perfect/review them yourself?" I lack the tools and technical know-how to do this myself. I know, given enough time, I could probably figure it out, but, for me, time is always an issue. In the time it would take me to become proficient enough to be of any real use, these parts could probably have been developed, from scratch, 10 times over. It's not that I wouldn't like to contribute to the community, it's just I don't think I'll be doing it in the area of parts development.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
Re: theJude's Most Wanted Parts
Editing this post since my one above now contains my list. I may repurpose this post for something else soon, but for now I'll just delete out the stuff that's either been released or is in my list above and keep the rest as a reminder to myself to deal with later.

x51px1 - Minifig, Head Modified Wookiee, Chewbacca
bb453 - Minifig, Head Modified Trandoshan
x116 - Minifig, Head Modified Gungan Type 1
x903px1 - Minifig, Head Modified Greedo
44757 - Minifig, Head Modified Gamorrean with Armor
x52 - Minifig, Headgear Helmet SW Scout Trooper
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm theJude! So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, his Judeness, or uh, Juder, or el Juderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.
I belive your idea is good. Personally, I´m very interested in minifigs, so the parts i miss are related with them:

[Image: 95674pb01.jpg] Minifig Bowler hat - 95674
[Image: 90307pb01.jpg] Minifig Mexican Sombrero - 90307
[Image: 64452pb01c01.jpg] Animal Cow - 64452
[Image: camel.jpg] Animal Camel
[Image: 6021.jpg] Boat Canoe - 6021
[Image: tentiaj.jpg] Cloth Tent
[Image: x172px1.jpg] Cloth Tepee Cover - x172
[Image: 90392.jpg] Headgear Helmet Spartan Warrior - 90392
[Image: x79.gif] Headgear Hood Farmer's Cowl - x79
let's not extend the wishlist here
posting individual wishlists here will quickly create a big pile of lists which are not related to each other.

Instead, I suggest to create a central wishlist, with a vote feature:
I suggest to continue the discussion here:
http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...338#pid338
can this thread please be relocated to
http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...03#pid2303
?
johanmark Wrote:Headgear Hood Farmer's Cowl - x79
Now on PT... [Image: 4505a.png]
Philo, thank you very much for your work. You´re the best.
Hey, I've been working on some Star Wars sets recently and was wondering if anybody would like to take a crack at a couple of Minifig parts that I could really use:

From numerous TIE sets (and to go with the recently released TIE Pilot Helmet):
973px69

From the 7110 Landspeeder set (and others):
970c01px3
Re: Wookiee, was [theJude's Most Wanted Parts]
[Image: 30483.png][Image: 30483p01.png]
Very nice!
- How did you make it? I didn't found it in LDD... so did you use a 3D-scanner or is it your mastery of all the technique of part building...

just curious...
http://philohome.com/scan3dlaser/scan3dlaser.htm
...and a lot of post cleaning/editing Wink
Thank you very, very much, Philo. Awesome as usual.
I can get a 600 DPI scan of the TIE Pilot torso this weekend, but need to get used to the pattern tools before I would try take it on.
- Greg
"The only stupid question is the one that remains unasked"
Thanks to Daniel for making Luke's legs:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...816ps0.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...817ps0.dat

Now I'll have all the necessary parts to make 7110.
Bowler Hat
...done, as well as patterned versions.
[Image: 95674.png][Image: 95674p01.png][Image: 95674p02.png]

The rim of LDD part was not very good, I had to rebuild it...
Re: Bowler Hat
Thank you very much, Philo.
Jude Wrote:x903px1 - Minifig, Head Modified Greedo
Greedo is there!
[Image: 47545p01.png]
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »