Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,076
» Latest member: Csoka Natan
» Forum threads: 5,525
» Forum posts: 47,473

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 566 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 560 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Gerald Lasser

Latest Threads
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
8 hours ago
» Replies: 19
» Views: 24,892
[split] New Sticker Sheet...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 21:14
» Replies: 7
» Views: 106
03 May 2024 "500 Server E...
Yesterday, 12:38
» Replies: 1
» Views: 51
Starting into Parts Autho...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
Yesterday, 1:20
» Views: 77
Suffix codes
Yesterday, 1:01
» Views: 42
Eyesight on Linux
Forum: Rendering Techniques
Last Post: Sylvain Sauvage
2024-05-02, 14:52
» Views: 70
Custom parts/stickers for...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-05-02, 10:19
» Replies: 1
» Views: 131
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Dmitry
2024-05-02, 5:14
» Replies: 23
» Views: 35,977
Rendering error/scratchy ...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Thomas Turgyt
2024-05-01, 20:39
» Views: 72

James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2013 awarded to Magnus Forsberg
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2014-01-16, 12:46 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (9)

The LDraw.org Steering Committee is pleased to announce that the 2013 James Jessiman Memorial Award (JJMA) recipient is Magnus Forsberg.

Just as last year the LDraw Steering Committee was keen to award one of what it called: "The unsung heros of the PT " - in short, people who have worked hard to keep LDraw alive. What does add more value to LDraw and keeps it alive than new parts?
Though Magnus Forsberg has joined the LDraw team only at the end of 2009 and could be considered a youngster among LDraw part authors, he has authored 238 official parts and made changes (improvements) to a further 256 official parts. This workload places him among the top 10 of the part authors. Browsing the activity log a the Parts Tracker you'll hardly find a day where Magnus didn't leave his trace. Patterns, highly sophisticated parts, corrections and shortcuts there seams to be no type of parts Magnus cannot master and the LDraw library wouldn't be what it is today without the contribution and dedication of this year's James Jessiman Memorial Award: Magnus Forsberg!

More information on the JJMA can be found at: http://www.ldraw.org/article/222.html

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

Print this item

LDFind 1.3.5.1
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2014-01-13, 20:25 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (17)

Seems that I missed to announce version 1.3.5.0 of LDFind.

But that is good as there has been an error in that version.

So I just released the bugfix version 1.3.5.1 of LDFind.

The Name: tag is now again available as search word.

LDFind can be downloaded from http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=ldfind

Please send all questions, suggestion for this version as answer to this thread.
Thanks.

Print this item

Datsville rev386
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2014-01-13, 6:00 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - No Replies

New revision 386. Not much outwardly different. Get it here:

https://code.google.com/p/datsville/wiki/Downloads

Print this item

Screenshots as attachment
Posted by: Ben Supnik - 2014-01-12, 22:16 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - No Replies

Hi Y'all,

Sorry if this is RTFM, but:

Is there a way to post screenshots as attachments in the forum? Or could we get the .png extension as a legal attachment type? I can host pics on flickr or elsewhere but I hate to have external links go bad based on an external hosting service...

Cheers
Ben

Print this item

Is there something wrong with axle holes?
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2014-01-12, 20:08 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (12)

Looking at the radius 4 parts (e.g antenna, tech flex axle endings)

In real life they fit the inside axle holes, but in our library the max radius to fit in axle holes is only 2.8284 LDU ( sqrt(2^2+2^2) ). This seems quite a big margin.

Is this on purpose or is ether the axle hole or the 4LDU bar stuff wrong but accepted over time?

Or I'm I missing something else?

Print this item

Minifig, Head Glasses with Blue Sunglasses and Wide-Spaced Stubble Pattern
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2014-01-12, 18:03 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

So this one was quite popular in the 90s. 22 sets and 23 different minifigs...

Minifig, Head Glasses with Blue Sunglasses and Wide-Spaced Stubble Pattern

peeron pic

Print this item

Pirates
Posted by: Stan Isachenko - 2014-01-12, 16:50 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (44)

I will try make better renders later
[Image: 6279_-_skull_island_2.jpg]

Attached Files
.mpd   6279 - Skull Island.mpd (Size: 50.77 KB / Downloads: 32)
Print this item

973p32 some quastions
Posted by: Stan Isachenko - 2014-01-12, 10:11 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (11)

I found out that there is no 973p32 part in library. Part with that name has cream stripes. But bricklink and my eyes sayes that stripes are white. So is it mistake in library or i have to upload part with white stripes?
Also Datheader said 486 - wrong color (this is belt), so what is right color?

Print this item

Lpub .pdf export too big to be printed...
Posted by: Fabrice Vion - 2014-01-12, 8:57 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (1)

Hello all,

I made a building instruction with Lpub and I converted it to a pdf file to print it. But the pdf file genrated is too big to be printed. I used different computers, printers, pdf viewers (Acrobat reader, X-change, Foxit reader) but I was never able to print the instruction. Either the printing doesn't start or stops after a few pages.

Do you know a way to reduce pdf size or another way to export the instruction from Lpub ?

Thanks in advance,
Fabrice

Print this item

Warhammer 40K Dreadnought
Posted by: Reuben Pearse - 2014-01-11, 21:24 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - No Replies

Hi folks,

Does anyone have any LDD or MLCAD files of Warhammer 40K models. I'm particularly interested in the 40K Dreadnoughts. Here's a particularly awesome design:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/44790

Another cool one is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90688613@N08/10307082533

Bye for now

Reuben

Print this item