Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,076
» Latest member: Csoka Natan
» Forum threads: 5,525
» Forum posts: 47,474

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 571 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 565 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
10 hours ago
» Replies: 20
» Views: 25,094
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
Yesterday, 19:15
» Replies: 0
» Views: 42
[split] New Sticker Sheet...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
2024-05-03, 21:14
» Replies: 7
» Views: 141
03 May 2024 "500 Server E...
2024-05-03, 12:38
» Replies: 1
» Views: 62
Starting into Parts Autho...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
2024-05-03, 1:20
» Views: 124
Suffix codes
2024-05-03, 1:01
» Views: 46
Eyesight on Linux
Forum: Rendering Techniques
Last Post: Sylvain Sauvage
2024-05-02, 14:52
» Views: 76
Custom parts/stickers for...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-05-02, 10:19
» Replies: 1
» Views: 136
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Dmitry
2024-05-02, 5:14
» Replies: 23
» Views: 36,077
Rendering error/scratchy ...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Thomas Turgyt
2024-05-01, 20:39
» Views: 74

2014/2015 LDraw.org Steering Committee (SteerCo): List of nominees
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2014-01-30, 18:37 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - No Replies

A quick reference to the candidates for the 2014/2015 LDraw.org Steering Committee (SteerCo) election. The information is drawn from the nomination process and corrections are welcome, please email the webmasters.

Candidates are listed in alphabetical order by last name and no ranking or endorsement should be inferred from their position on the list. The following table summarizes the status of each candidate in the format:
Nominee name: Nomination Status (Nominator, Second)

Chris Dee: Accepted (Max Martin Richter, Orion Pobursky)
Tim Gould: Accepted [if not enough volunteers are available] (Max Martin Richter, Orion Pobursky)
Philippe Hurbain: Accepted [if not enough volunteers are available] (Max Martin Richter, Orion Pobursky)
Orion Pobursky: Accepted (Max Martin Richter, Travis Cobbs)
Willy Tschager: Accepted (Max Martin Richter, Orion Pobursky)

Magnus Forsberg: Not Yet Accepted (Orion Pobursky, Max Martin Richter)
Allen Smith: Not Yet Accepted (Ben Supnik, Orion Pobursky)

Michael Heidemann: Declined (Max Martin Richter, Orion Pobursky)
Max Martin Richter: Declined (Tim Gould, Michael Heidemann)

Replies to this have been disabled. The nominations thread is where they belong.

[sub]edit: Fixed a typo in a name.
edit: Updated...[/sub]

Print this item

2013/2014 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC): List of nominees
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2014-01-30, 18:28 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - No Replies

A quick reference to the candidates for the 2013/2014 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) election. The information is drawn from the nomination process and corrections are welcome, please email the webmasters.

Candidates are listed in alphabetical order by last name and no ranking or endorsement should be inferred from their position on the list. The following table summarizes the status of each candidate in the format:
Nominee name: Nomination Status (Nominator)

Chris Dee: Automatic Member

Travis Cobbs: Accepted (Michael Heidemann)
Tim Gould: Accepted (Voluteered)
Roland Melkert: Accepted (Michael Heidemann)

Magnus Forsberg : Not Yet Accepted (Orion Pobursky)
Phillipe Hurbain: Not Yet Accepted (Michael Heidemann)

Michael Heidemann: Declined (Tim Gould)

Replies to this have been disabled. The nominations thread is where they belong.

Print this item

8/stud.dat file not found error
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-01-30, 15:15 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (5)

When I run MLCad, I got popup message "8/stud.dat file not found", it does work after I click button 'continue', but I don't like this message, how can I solve this problem?

Print this item

2552p06
Posted by: Damien Roux - 2014-01-27, 23:10 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (6)

Hi there, it has been a long time...

I use to author a few parts some years ago, I quit because of lack of time but I found back motivation and decided to complete a huge patterned part I was working on.

[Image: 2lut2ki.jpg]

Before submitting it to the part tracker I'd like to ask for some help: DATHeader is giving me some collinear Verticles. How can I easily solve that?
Also, when I open some subfiles with LDForge it gives me the following: some kind of conditionnal lines that I don't know why they are there. I guess there are some gaps due to projection with SlicerPro. Any idea on how to correct that?

[Image: 16b08w5.png]

I attached one of the subfiles that have this problem. Thanks for your help!

Attached Files
.dat   2552p06b.dat (Size: 180.79 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

LDPatternCreator - Release 1.5.4
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2014-01-27, 15:29 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (4)

Hello,

the new pattern creator release with improved background image rendering is out now Smile
If you are already using a version greater than 1.5.0 you can simply update your installation by clicking on "Help -> Install Updates" and choose "Yes".

As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils

Print this item

GUI for LDmakeList?
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2014-01-25, 20:16 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (24)

Hi,

since Tim is busy I'm looking for a good soul who has the skills and little bit of spare time to write a GUI for LDMakeList:

http://code.google.com/p/ldmakelist/

w.

Print this item

Rendering LDraw Bricks commercially
Posted by: rioforce - 2014-01-21, 16:08 - Forum: Help - Replies (2)

Hi, I read your lisense, and you said one has to give credit to the LDraw Parts Library if they use the parts (even commercially). But below that, you said something about a derivative work doesn't need attribution (I think that's what that meant). This is what you said:

Quote:Anything else should be considered a Derivative work and an attribution would be required.

What is not considered a Derivative work?

Rendered images generated from the LDraw library. Rendering here covers any conversion of a 3D model file into a 2D image.

It is a bit confusing, so here's my question: If someone wanted to use the LDraw Parts Library in a 3D movie, do they have to give credit? I would probably say "Yes", but the whole thing about the derivative work got me confused.

Thanks for the help!

Print this item

MLCad.ini 2013-02 Update Now Available
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2014-01-20, 20:49 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (2)

Hi folks,

I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2013-02. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available in MLCad's minifigure generator.

Download the file from my website: http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/mlcad_ini-en.html

A direct download is available at: http://www.holly-wood.it/files/mlcad/MLCad.ini

Bye, w.

Print this item

Is LDraw diverging from bricklink?
Posted by: Pet - 2014-01-20, 20:36 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (3)

Hi, I am new to LDraw so I have many many questions. I wanted to document my MOC build from one of my technic set. I've started in LDD but the I did not find some easy way to sort the building steps. I've tried the MLCad with LPub and it seems to be really great - thank you all guys for this sw. But...

I did not find any simple way to filter only parts from one (or some) sets. I've found the peeron_to_mlcad, but it is not the way I'd like to do it - to select the parts from the tree. As I am a programmer, I've started to think about a better way - to simply replace the parts.lst with my own (including color information and information on number of pieces). This way seems to work really well, but I've found the problem, which I am not able to solve automatically:

Some parts are missing (replaced by some alias) e.g.:
- 111b -> exists as 58177 (I've found it on LDraw part request forum) - is there some standard way to find this info??
- 6538c - according to Parts Tracker (http://ldraw.org/cgi-bin/tracker/activit.../6538c.dat) this part was deleted on 2013-03-13 - why?
now it exists as 59443 and this is rebrickable entry on this part: http://rebrickable.com/parts/59443 - LDraw scrap

Why is the compatibility of LDraw with other lego databases worse than it was a year ago?

Thanks for reply.

pet

Print this item

slight idea for PT review page
Posted by: Santeri Piippo - 2014-01-19, 17:20 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (6)

When posting a review for a part, could the user's existing cert status be enabled by default in the radio buttons? This would make it easier to post comments without changing cert status.

e.g. suppose I vote cert on 13665.dat (which I actually did) and went to post a comment on it afterwards (which I also did), the "Certify" radio button would already be selected by default since I have an existing cert vote on the part, instead of leaving it blank and have me push novote by default and almost having me clear my cert by accident.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with these blunders and having the PT automatically select the existing cert radio button would make things that much easier.

Print this item