Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,102
» Latest member: Tobias
» Forum threads: 5,543
» Forum posts: 47,620

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 189 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 182 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Evert-Jan Boer, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
Tiles 1 X 8 from latest A...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: N. W. Perry
Today, 2:39
» Replies: 65
» Views: 27,729
New meta in LDConfig for ...
Forum: Standards Board
Last Post: Roland Melkert
Yesterday, 21:49
» Replies: 13
» Views: 571
Shadow file contributions
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Roland Melkert
Yesterday, 20:54
» Replies: 11
» Views: 260
Rabbit from WTP
Last Post: Ben Alder
Yesterday, 17:39
» Replies: 3
» Views: 143
Axle Length vs Axle Stopp...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-05-16, 20:34
» Replies: 22
» Views: 3,518
new Aircraft parts: 5118,...
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
2024-05-16, 16:45
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,364
LDraw meeting in Billund ...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-05-15, 21:08
» Replies: 7
» Views: 737
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-05-15, 20:38
» Replies: 35
» Views: 27,244
Town and Trains 1993
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: legolex76
2024-05-15, 19:45
» Replies: 28
» Views: 12,945
Patterned parts pictures ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Bertrand Lequy
2024-05-15, 15:36
» Replies: 3
» Views: 200

Where to find PF trian mot dat file?
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-02-26, 14:49 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (9)

I am using MLCad v3.4 and I can't find PF train motor, though there is 9v train motor, where can I find that motor data file ?

Print this item

LDPatternCreator - Major Security Release 1.5.7
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2014-02-26, 2:04 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (19)

Hello,

after only two days: Here is an admin-rights-free and more user friendly LPC release!

If you are already using a version greater than 1.5.0 you cannot update your installation by clicking on "Help -> Install Updates" anymore.
Please download and install the latest release directly from sourceforge.net.

Change log:

New features:

• Improved security: Admin rights are no longer required!!
  • The internal updater was removed due to security concerns
  • Your configuration files are now stored under "[System Partition Letter]:\Users\[Your username]\App Data\Roaming\Nils Schmidt\LDPatternCreator"
  • Windows XP is no longer supported (I have no machine to test on it)
  • "Fast triangulation II": when "Add Trangle" is activated and no vertex was selected on click, a new vertex will be created for this triangle.

1. When CTRL is pressed "Add Triangle" will not abort on right mouse clicks (standard behaviour since 1.3.6)
    2. When CTRL is pressed "Fast triangulation" will not search for new edges near the cursor
    3. When SHIFT is pressed "Fast triangulation" will search for new edges near adjacent triangles from the last created triangle
  • The numbers shown on the x- and y-axis are more accurate

As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils

edit: Sorry, I had forgotten a few important things and had to do a little re-deployment Smile

Print this item

Small Animal Models
Posted by: Dimitri Dewaele - 2014-02-25, 15:14 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (1)

Are there models available of animals? (not to big)
Prefereable with instructions or ldraw models where I can add the instructions?
They would be used for small children to learn to build.

Print this item

Need help with custom element tweaks
Posted by: Steve Barile - 2014-02-24, 22:43 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (16)

Hi All,
A little background. I'm a long time AFOL train head. I ran BrickFest a few times in Portland. Worked together on the Hobby Train project with Tim Gould... now I run altBricks. I know enough about LDraw / MLCad to get around pretty well when it comes to model making and rendering and laying out instructions. But now I need two custom elements for altBricks so I can make instructions using them and post the .dat files for others that want to virtually build with these elements.

[Image: ep_1x2_grider_7_3300_300_dpi_1_23_-45.png]
[Image: ep_1x3_grider_7_3300_300_dpi_1_23_-45.png]
[Image: ab-wel_-_1x2_gird_dkgray1.jpg_thumb.jpg]
[Image: ab-wel_-_1x3_gird_dkgray1.jpg_thumb.jpg]

I created them already (linked) but think they need some tweaking from someone who is good at element creation. Here's the list of things needed:
1) Stud holes (tubes) on the bottom. I didn't add these cause for rendering they aren't seen much (but should be there).
2) The thickness on the bottom should equal a tile, they don't now.
3) The width of the remaining 3 sides need to be consistent and equal to the width of the newest LEGO windows.

I would be happy to send some altBricks stuff for the effort, if that's of interest we can work that out offline.
Thanks
SteveB

Attached Files
.dat   EP_1x3_GriderX.dat (Size: 4.61 KB / Downloads: 0)
.dat   EP_1x2_GriderX.dat (Size: 3.81 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

LDView Parts List Sorter v1.1
Posted by: Stephen - 2014-02-24, 19:35 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

I wrote this for myself but I'm posting it here in case it is of use to anyone else.

This is a browser javascript bookmarklet that can be run on an html parts list produced by LDView's "Parts List" function to provide these additional features:

• Dynamic re-sorting of parts list by any column(s)
  • Repair of missing part images
  • Color swapping of part images

Compatibility
Tested successfully with LDView 4.1 and 4.2b1 generated parts lists.
Tested successfully with various versions of Firefox, Chrome and Opera, and will probably work on other mainstream desktop browsers too. Internet Explorer has restrictive bookmark length limitations that stop the full version of the script working, so I've included a "shortened" version that includes the sorting functionality but omits the image manipulation functionality.

Setup
http://pastebin.com/t5pbHxFY (v1.1 - Full Version)
http://pastebin.com/LdadR27g (v1.1s - Shorter Version, see compatibility above)
  1. Visit the relevant link above.
    (I can't post the script here because this forum damages the script (even using "quote" or "code").)
  2. Copy the entire contents of the RAW Paste Data box to your clipboard.
  3. Create a new bookmark in your browser.
  4. Edit the properties of the bookmark.
  5. Paste the copied script from above into the location/URL box.
    Verify the paste begins with javascript: and ends with (document); as some browsers will chop the end of the script off rendering it useless.
  6. Set the bookmark name to something useful, like "LDView Parts List Sorter".
  7. Save the bookmark.

Usage
  1. Open an LDView generated html parts list in your browser.
  2. Click on the bookmark to run it.
The opened parts list will be modified to have the following new features:
  • Click on a column header to re-sort the parts list by that column. Click the same column header again to reverse sort order. Each sort is a result of the previous sort, so multi-index sorting can be achieved - if you sort by color and then by quantity then parts will be primary sorted by quantity and secondary sorted by color whenever the quantities match, and so on.
Also, if using the full version of the script, and if you had the "Part" column enabled from LDView with "Show part images":
  • If a part has no image due to the LDView 4.1/4.2B1 "shortcut" bug whereby LDView doesn't generate an image link because it mistakenly believes the part is not an official part, then clicking on the part number will override this decision and attempt to fetch an image for this part using your chosen color.
  • If any part has no image due to Peeron not having an image in your chosen color, then clicking on the part number will prompt you to enter a new color number for the image. Colors 0-15 (and especially 7) will increase the chances of an image now appearing, although there are still parts for which Peeron doesn't have an appropriate image to show for any color.
  • If you click on a part number and enter a new color in the form =7 then the addition of the = causes it to search & replace the images of all parts matching the original color of the part you clicked on with the color 7. Whilst this can be used to swap any color for another globally, it is most useful for models that use color 16, since LDView outputs this as color -1 (which results in missing images) and you can use this feature to generate images with a usable example color. The = feature only works if you had the Color column enabled within LDView when generating the parts list. You can also use the form ==7 to force all part images to color 7 for example.
You can print or screenshot modified parts lists, but it's likely you won't be able to save them using the browser's "Save Page As" function since this will just save a copy of the original file again. If you want to save them you can do so by saving the output of the "View Generated Source" function from Chris Pederick's "Web Developer" browser add-on (Firefox, Chrome, Opera). Note that if you do this, the saved html file contains changes made by this script in order for it to function, so if you later open that new version of the parts list you won't need to run the script on it again to continue using the new features, but you also won't be able to run a newer version of this script on such a modified parts list - it will only ever run on an original parts list from LDView.

Print this item

Broken LDraw.org Home Page
Posted by: Stephen - 2014-02-24, 15:26 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (12)

For the last 4 days the LDraw.org site home page has been missing a few sections.

I've browsed this from several countries and got the same result, so I assume everyone is seeing this same problem...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

LDPatternCreator - Release 1.5.5
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2014-02-24, 10:07 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (1)

Hello,

Here is a more secure and more stable LPC release!

If you are already using a version greater than 1.5.0 you can simply update your installation by clicking on "Help -> Install Updates" and choose "Yes"

Change log:

New features:

• Improved security.
Fixed bugs from 1.5.4 and older:
  • Fixed some errors regarding primitives and subfiles
  • Fixed that one reference line wasn't drawn in some cases
  • Fixed minor translation errors

As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils

Print this item

The same design number on different parts?
Posted by: Magnus Forsberg - 2014-02-23, 15:20 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (6)

Following the decision of how to name the stud on the minifig heads 3626a/b/c,
I've found that the same design number is used on more than one part.

We have at the PT six heads with numbers (part alias):
10756, 46506, 86294, 89510, 90787 and 99570

A search on those numbers at Brickset shows cgi-pictures of both 3626b an 3626c heads;
10756 (design number), leads to 6006387, (item number) and shows a 3026c-head.
46506, (4200908) shows a b-head.
86294, (4549621) shows a b-head.
89510, (4578503) shows a b-head.
90787, (4584727) shows a b-head.
99570, (4651443) shows a c-head.

A search at Bricklink of the item-numbers leads to both 3626b and 3626c heads;
6006387, leads to 3626cpb719 (and a reference to 3626bpb719 as a similar design)
4200908, leads to 3626bpb122 AND 3626cpb122
4549621, 3626bpb366 AND 3626cpb366
4578503, 3626bpb332 AND 3626cpb332
4584727, 3626bpb471 AND 3626cpb471
4651443, 3626bpb633 AND 3626cpb633

Are TLG using the same design and item numbers on more than one part?
How do we handle that in our library?

Print this item

modelling deformed tyres
Posted by: Nicola - 2014-02-23, 11:30 - Forum: Help - Replies (2)

is there any way to create/insert a deformed tyre in mlcad (or other programs) ?
something like this:

[Image: 3941761539_5ec05ea5b1.jpg]

Print this item

Simple Basic models
Posted by: Dimitri Dewaele - 2014-02-23, 11:06 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (4)

Are there some simple basic models available?
I want to try out simple examples based on standard bricks, which are easy to build by small children.
Thanks!

Basic models: Based on simple brick's with 2x4 or 2x2 or 1x4 or .... Typically from Lego or other addition sets. Not the special bricks which are difficult to find. Simple sets to build a tree, small house, animal.

Print this item