Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,076
» Latest member: Csoka Natan
» Forum threads: 5,525
» Forum posts: 47,474

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 632 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 624 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
10 hours ago
» Replies: 20
» Views: 25,091
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
Yesterday, 19:15
» Replies: 0
» Views: 36
[split] New Sticker Sheet...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
2024-05-03, 21:14
» Replies: 7
» Views: 141
03 May 2024 "500 Server E...
2024-05-03, 12:38
» Replies: 1
» Views: 62
Starting into Parts Autho...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
2024-05-03, 1:20
» Views: 124
Suffix codes
2024-05-03, 1:01
» Views: 46
Eyesight on Linux
Forum: Rendering Techniques
Last Post: Sylvain Sauvage
2024-05-02, 14:52
» Views: 73
Custom parts/stickers for...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-05-02, 10:19
» Replies: 1
» Views: 136
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Dmitry
2024-05-02, 5:14
» Replies: 23
» Views: 36,072
Rendering error/scratchy ...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Thomas Turgyt
2024-05-01, 20:39
» Views: 74

What name or part no of this plate 2x2 is?
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-02-06, 12:11 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (10)

I am using MLCad to design my train, and I want to use part in attachment, but I can't find it in parts list, does anyone tell me what is this part name of number?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Thoughts on animation scripting language
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2014-02-04, 22:26 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (36)

Hi all, while LDCad 1.3 is still in beta I'm already playing with 1.4 things....

One of those things will be animation, I want to take the all scripting road with this. So the thing I'm trying to decide at the moment is to ether create my own language (based on the one from LD4DStudio) or tie in an existing language (e.g. LUA).

The scripts will do little more then describe relations between groups. For example in case of two gears with the attached axles etc the script will do something like 'a.angle:=-2*b.angle'. A script could also manipulate the group placement matrix directly etc.

While LUA or pearl might be very powerful, it also will be difficult for non programmer users ( I Think) to get started with. A simple custom language on the other hand will be much easier to learn but limited to basic single function formulas etc. Although I could expand the language over time.

In short I find it difficult to decide at the moment, so I was hoping for some additional thoughts.

Print this item

LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2013-02 now available
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2014-02-04, 10:40 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (16)

The LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2013-01, in short AIOI, has been released.

The AIOI supports Windows XP (Home and Pro), Windows Vista (all versions) and Windows 7 (all versions). On 64-Bit Operating Systems it will install in the "Program files (x86)" folder. The Installer will NOT run on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT Ver 4, 2000, or XP below SP2.

Changes:

• Removed Alias Parts Library
  • Updated LDFind
  • Updated LeoCAD
  • Kept Pov-Ray 3.6 though 3.7 has been officially released. There is currently an issue with the license of the Editor.dll, which therefore is not part of the redistribution package. Will switch to 3.7 as soon as this has been solved.

There are currently some issues with the registration of a file needed by Sticker Generator when installing on Windows 8.

You can download the AIOI from:

Home > Help > Get Started > LDraw All-In-One-Installer

Many thanks to all the programers who contributed to this release.

Willy Tschager
(LDraw.org Content Manager)

Print this item

PLI control file doesn't work
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-02-03, 15:20 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (10)

I followed this article to modify PLI control file and specific it in LPub, but it seems doesn't work, how can I use it correctly?

Print this item

How to create Bill of Materials on two pages?
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-02-03, 14:17 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (5)

I am using MLCad to build train with a longer train baseplate. Though I can use small scale to create instructions, but I am not sure how to scale down baseplate in BOM.

Can I create two pages of BOM? Or can I hide baseplate in BOM? I tried to set baseplate as ghost in MLCad but it doesn't work, what can I do?

Print this item

11091 - Wing 9L with Stylized Feathers
Posted by: Merlijn Wissink - 2014-02-03, 7:37 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (10)

Hello,

I would like to request part 11019 Wing 9L with Stylized Feathers. It's used a lot in Chima sets and I would like to make a digital copy of set 70003. If needed, I can give some extra photos/dimensions of the real part.

I hope somebody would like to make it. Smile

Thanks in advance!

Print this item

forum search: highlight the found word
Posted by: Steffen - 2014-02-02, 0:35 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - No Replies

is it possible to somehow highlight (e.g. with yellow background or something) the found word
in the result list when searching the forums for a word?

currently, only a large text list is returned, where the author names get highlighted bold.
but I would be much more interested to have my eye guided to the found
occurrences of the word, so I can faster see which post I was looking for.

example:

http://forums.ldraw.org/search.php?17,search=peeron

Print this item

Building LEGO interactively in your browser. By Google.
Posted by: Steffen - 2014-01-30, 21:35 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (4)

You probably all have seen this, right? Amazing.

http://www.buildwithchrome.com

[Image: bg-build.jpg]

Print this item

Image upload now enabled
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2014-01-30, 21:00 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (13)

I've enabled the ability to attach images with the png, gif, and jpg extensions. All others are disallowed. Please do not upload large images. If this is abused, I will disable image upload.

Print this item

ToriCalc 2.1 (GUI-Version)
Posted by: Max Martin Richter - 2014-01-30, 20:55 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (3)

Hej,
I'm proud to present: ToriCalc 2.1
It is now a complete GUI Version with some additional features.
You can find it on Philo's Home Page who kindly hosts this programme.
Link to the ToriCalc Page at philohome.com

/Max

Print this item