Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: Ball sockets use 62712 instead of 92013
Done with LDCad 1.5.
RE: 45300 - WeDo 2.0 - Milo with Tilt Sensor
(2016-06-05, 16:18)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: [Image: 45300.png]
Download MPD (OMR compliant)
Known errors: Ball sockets use 62712 instead of 92013
Done with LDCad 1.5.
Hi Philippe Hurbain I love your work, I like to make lego instructions with studio 2.0, but I can't get the wedo cables to fit well, I have already seen many tutorials but none of them say how to configure the wedo 2.0 cables.

I would like to receive your help, thank you very much <3
(2021-02-17, 1:32)KYLE Wrote: Hi Philippe Hurbain I love your work, I like to make lego instructions with studio 2.0, but I can't get the wedo cables to fit well, I have already seen many tutorials but none of them say how to configure the wedo 2.0 cables.

I would like to receive your help, thank you very much <3
I use LDCad to generate cables, you can then import the result in Studio. Getting them to work properly in building instructions a a bit more involved, but can be done...
(2021-02-17, 8:40)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Utilizo LDCad para generar cables, luego puede importar el resultado en Studio. Hacer que funcionen correctamente en las instrucciones de construcción es un poco más complicado, pero se puede hacer ...

Thanks Philippe, but when importing the Wedo 2.0 model in Studio this happens Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(2021-02-17, 19:28)KYLE Wrote: Thanks Philippe, but when importing the Wedo 2.0 model in Studio this happens Sad
Can you share your model here? (or pm it to me philo _at_ philohome.com)
(2021-02-18, 7:43)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: ¿Puedes compartir tu modelo aquí? (o envíelo por correo electrónico philo _at_ philohome.com)
Hello Philippe, sorry for not answering before, the university is taking all my time, here you have the model Thank you

Attached Files
.ldr   Boat.ldr (Size: 122.46 KB / Downloads: 8)
(2021-02-23, 20:14)KYLE Wrote: Hello Philippe, sorry for not answering before, the university is taking all my time, here you have the model Thank you
The problem was (relatively) simple... You used HQ templates for Wedo elements, this generates a 3D mesh for the cables, and embeds this mesh in the file. Unfortunately Studio doesn't like these embedded parts Sad
The solution was to use LQ version, that use short segments of cable. Since these short segments are included in Studio library, it works well.
After that, remains a problem with renderer that doesn't like scaled elements. In order to improve that, I changed skin cable properties (mainly set maxmerge parameter to 1) to get a proper render. This is described here: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23006-po...l#pid29747

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.mpd   Boat.mpd (Size: 62.42 KB / Downloads: 12)
(2021-02-24, 8:41)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: The problem was (relatively) simple... You used HQ templates for Wedo elements, this generates a 3D mesh for the cables, and embeds this mesh in the file. Unfortunately Studio doesn't like these embedded parts Sad
The solution was to use LQ version, that use short segments of cable. Since these short segments are included in Studio library, it works well.
After that, remains a problem with renderer that doesn't like scaled elements. In order to improve that, I changed skin cable properties (mainly set maxmerge parameter to 1) to get a proper render. This is described here: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-23006-po...l#pid29747

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing thank you so much
You're the best Heart Heart Heart Heart
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »