Speed Champions

Speed Champions
Is anybody already working on some Speed Champions sets? Or even knows where they possibly could be downloaded. 

I'm especial interested in the 1985 Audi Sport quattro S1 #76897

As far as I could see they are not jet in the OMR available and I have not found them somewhere else for download either.

If there is not already someone working on them, I might give it a try my self. Are there any things to know (guidelines, recommendations) before I start?
RE: Speed Champions
[attachment=4567]
[attachment=4567 Wrote:[attachment=4567]levity0815 pid='35178' dateline='1578057135']Is anybody already working on some Speed Champions sets? Or even knows where they possibly could be downloaded. 

As far as I could see they are not jet in the OMR available and I have not found them somewhere else for download either.

If there is not already someone working on them, I might give it a try my self. Are there any things to know (guidelines, recommendations) before I start?

Hello!
Funny, I just subscribed to this forum to submit the Porsches 1974 turbo 3.0 #75895 https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/1974-porsche-911-turbo-3-0-75895

I could work on it, except for all the stickers... I don't know how to do them yet. Is it required for you ?

EDIT: just added the .mpd file, is there an easy way to know whether it is OMR compliant with a soft ? I made it with LeoCAD, and edited afterward to adjust.
No error when opened with LDCad.

Known errors: Minifig face not conform, Minifi torso not conform, no stickers

EDIT2: Check OMR compliance with MPD Center, corrected filenames inside, updated attachment

Attached Files
.mpd   75895 - 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo3.0.mpd (Size: 13.32 KB / Downloads: 13)
(2020-01-03, 14:14)Adrien Pennamen Wrote: EDIT: just added the .mpd file, is there an easy way to know whether it is OMR compliant with a soft ? I made it with LeoCAD, and edited afterward to adjust.
No error when opened with LDCad.

Known errors: Minifig face not conform, Minifi torso not conform, no stickers

To check OMR compliant you can use MPD Center.
If nothing goes right, go left.
Hello there,

Many of the new part aren't made yet, but I'm working on them.
The new baseplate and the wheelholders are made, in the Part Tracker, and I'm working on the rim now.
I want to make the stickers for the Audi too.
(2020-01-03, 13:12)levity0815 Wrote: Is anybody already working on some Speed Champions sets? Or even knows where they possibly could be downloaded. 

On this set, we'll have problems with several parts who only appeared in 2020. You can check the "introduced in" column:
https://brickset.com/inventories/76897-1

A
nd it's... central parts like the chassis. For a "non official" version we could try to replace thoses pieces, but sooner or later we'll have to make them.
It could be the occasion for me to try mlcad or LD part editor  Smile Again it won't be done this weeekend ^^

EDIT: sorry for this late post, thanks a lot Magnus !
Photo 
(2020-01-03, 16:03)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: Many of the new part aren't made yet, but I'm working on them.
The new baseplate and the wheelholders are made, in the Part Tracker, and I'm working on the rim now.

Actually the rim and the tires where the only parts that are really missing or at least for most of the other parts I was able to find good matches (as far as I can tell).

thx. a lot for your work and providing the parts ...

Quote:[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Adrien Pennamen

For a "non official" version we could try to replace thoses pieces, [/font][/size][/color]

this is what I tried now... attached is my first take on the 76897 1985 Audi Sport quattro S1 

.mpd   76897_-_1985_Audi_Sport_quattro_S1.mpd (Size: 12.53 KB / Downloads: 12)

Known Issues:
  • wrong rims and tires 
  • no stickers
  • maybe some parts are not the exact ones... ?
  • maybe some colors are not correct... ?
  • no minifigs

Quote:[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Magnus Forsberg

To check OMR compliant you can use MPD Center.[/font][/size][/color]

I have not been able to get it running in Linux. It might work with wine... maybe I'll give it another try later.

For my own purpose the model is fine as I have it now, so I will continue with the rest of my project  Cool
Well done! I like the way you organize all the files. There are some errors with MPD Center on your model, I'll try to fix them, except for the unofficial parts

Here is my result, indeed tires and wheels not conforms (and I took the freedom to add a sticker on the door  Angel ).

.mpd   76897 - 1985 Audi Sport quattro S1.mpd (Size: 15.67 KB / Downloads: 10)
EDIT: new MPD file with almost correct wheels and comments for replaced parts 
Hello again,

I was able to make an OMR compliant version of my model with MPD center.
And currently working on the McLarren Senna!

[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
.mpd   76897 - 1985 Audi Sport quattro S1.mpd (Size: 26.78 KB / Downloads: 5) [/font][/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Known errors: stickers, minifig torso, 3 plates with special, and the rig for the wheel. Documented in the MPD Wink[/font][/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]BR[/font][/size][/color]
Nice work! But the model misses a "main" file (placed first in mpd file order) with the car and pilot next to it. Currently, when you open the file, it defaults to pilot only...
Note also that the proper rims are now available, thanks to Magnus' hard work: https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=66727
All new parts are now in the library.
Thanks Gerald for making the Wings and the Bracket.

(2020-01-06, 21:26)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: All new parts are now in the library.
Thanks Gerald for making the Wings and the Bracket.

Wow you are the true Speed Champion  Big Grin Heart
(2020-01-06, 6:25)Philippe Hurbain Wrote: Nice work! But the model misses a "main" file (placed first in mpd file order) with the car and pilot next to it. Currently, when you open the file, it defaults to pilot only...
Note also that the proper rims are now available, thanks to Magnus' hard work: https://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?s=66727

When I opened the model back in LeoCAD after OMRisation, it is all messy... That's a bug with LeoCAD that does not handle the added parts ?
I do not have this problem with LDCad.

Anyway I'll start back from a previous version.
Here is the last OMR compliant version with all the latest parts Wink
Maybe I'll try a photo realistic render later.

.mpd   76897 - 1985 Audi Sport quattro S1.mpd (Size: 39.05 KB / Downloads: 20)
[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]     [/font][/size][/color]
[color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][color=#333333][size=small][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]     [/font][/size][/color][/font][/size][/color]
(2020-01-07, 17:41)Adrien Pennamen Wrote: When I opened the model back in LeoCAD after OMRisation, it is all messy... That's a bug with LeoCAD that does not handle the added parts ?
I do not have this problem with LDCad.
Anyway I'll start back from a previous version.
Yes, I think LeoCAD doesn't know how to deal with embedded parts. Studio doesn't either Sad
My attempt at the McLaren Senna !

.mpd   75892 - Mclaren Senna.mpd (Size: 77.25 KB / Downloads: 15)

(2020-01-09, 21:44)Adrien Pennamen Wrote: My attempt at the McLaren Senna !

It looks good like this, but it's the wrong windscreen. That one is on the McLaren P1.
(2020-01-09, 22:35)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: It looks good like this, but it's the wrong windscreen. That one is on the McLaren P1.

I will change the windscreen before uploading to the OMR.
If nothing goes right, go left.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »