Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,471
» Latest member: Piltz
» Forum threads: 5,680
» Forum posts: 48,574

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 270 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 264 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Yandex, Jeff Jones, Orion Pobursky, Rene Rechthaler

Latest Threads
LDView 4.5 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Travis Cobbs
15 minutes ago
» Replies: 36
» Views: 8,460
TEXMAP addition to Offici...
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Travis Cobbs
19 minutes ago
» Replies: 21
» Views: 18,585
[LDPE] 1.8.89 Released (b...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
4 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 201
Town and Trains 1993
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
5 hours ago
» Replies: 32
» Views: 19,107
Flag 2 x 2 with Blue and ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Eugen
8 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 145
LeoCad M1 Support
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Today, 2:04
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,812
Technic 2024
Last Post: MING YING CAI
Today, 0:51
» Replies: 26
» Views: 16,423
Looking for a simple (fre...
Forum: Off-Topic
Yesterday, 6:04
» Replies: 5
» Views: 11,741
FreeStyle 1995-1998
Yesterday, 4:51
» Replies: 5
» Views: 281
Datsville
Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations)
Yesterday, 2:35
» Replies: 54
» Views: 94,073

what I would be posting there
Posted by: Steffen - 2011-11-29, 19:31 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (2)

could for example be the amazing new song by Pomplamoose I like so much Big Grin Big Grin
the sounds of the 50's + what you see is what you hear + the lyrics about the problems when you love a Mafia girl ;-)

Admin: Moved to off topic

Print this item

10212 - Imperial Shuttle
Posted by: Christophe Mitillo - 2011-11-29, 17:59 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (5)

Hi,
Here is my 10212 Imperial Shuttle.
Not OMR compliant.
Renders visible here : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=373669

Chris

Attached Files
.mpd   10212.mpd (Size: 275.06 KB / Downloads: 7)
Print this item

10221 - Super Star Destroyer
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-11-29, 15:03 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (4)

This file is (mostly) OMR compliant.

Things to fix:
- No minifigs
- No stickers (probably will not be fixed)
- The mini Star Destroyer hasn't be added (yet).
- The angle on the hull pieces needs to be adjusted
- Other model clean up

I'm just throwing this up since it's good enough to play around with and render but the perfectionist in me won't let the above minor issues go.

Attached Files
.mpd   10221 - Super Star Destroyer.mpd (Size: 153.71 KB / Downloads: 28)
Print this item

Looking for OMR Modular Building series
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2011-11-29, 14:21 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (11)

Folks,

with the next AIOI I'd like to include OMR files of the modular building serie: Café Corner, Market Street, Green Grocer, Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium.

Please post your models below. Make sure the respect the new OMR specs: http://www.ldraw.org/Article593.html

Thx, w.

Print this item

Using Blender to rendering LDraw model
Posted by: Oh-Seong KWON - 2011-11-29, 12:08 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (3)

Hi,

I found a program named Blender today and it's free like POV-RAY.

It looks like having very powerful rendering and animation capability.

Here are the homepage that can download the program, and

little bit old version tutorial, and a video tutorials.

Is there anybody who have used this program to render LDraw model?

I saw the video tutorial part 2 and he recommend to use LeoCAD to convert model to 3DS format, but

then it should drop by v2.49 of Blender for latest version Blender because of unknown reason.

If I would use LDview to export 3DS file, the latest version of Blender could read my model correctly?

In case the model contain only one simple brick, Blender can read, but when I convert my another model 21005 fallingwater,

Blender didn't answer, just showing sandglass.

I have no idea and newbie using Blender, and any comment will be very helpful.

Thanks for reading. Smile

KWON

Print this item

making sticker part
Posted by: Oh-Seong KWON - 2011-11-29, 5:53 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (5)

Hi,
When I tried to make sticker part, I faced a problem with Sticker Generator.

I saved 256 color BMP file from scaned real sticker image like below.

[Image: a0111809_4ed46f7275c66.png]

I tried to convert it to DAT file by Sticker Generator and got below result image.

[Image: a0111809_4ed4740651902.png]

[Image: a0111809_4ed46f720c304.png]

When I saw this DAT file by LDview 4.1 and MLCAD 3.3, it showed like below.

[Image: a0111809_4ed4711a9d4d8.png]

I was disappointed at the result image so much.

Corresponding sticker part is here : http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...22303i.dat
It shows very high quality like below.
It looks like not from BMP image.

[Image: a0111809_4ed4711a1b268.png]

Here are my questions:

1. Why couldn't I get correct DAT file by Sticker Generator? Did I neglect any important option or anything else?

2. How can I get better quality sticker rather than from BMP file?

Print this item

LDView POV Export again
Posted by: Tore Eriksson - 2011-11-29, 5:29 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (6)

How come 3024.dat is exported as LDX_3024_dot_dat,
while 3008.dat becomes LDX_3008_dot_dat_sub_part?

This makes it impossible to create generic Datshine Attribute files compatible with LDView POV export.

And yes, I use unmodified, official versions:
3024.dat - !LDRAW_ORG Part UPDATE 2002-03
3028.dat - !LDRAW_ORG Part UPDATE 2004-03

/Tore

Print this item

LDraw IRC channel
Posted by: Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2011-11-29, 4:31 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (1)

Would there be any interest in having an LDraw IRC channel?

I found one Tim created a long time ago but it's long dead.

I can see the potential for more in-depth discussions between LDraw software developers/users and discussions among PT admins about specific parts.

A real-time discussion format would allow for a higher level of discourse that would not be otherwise happen due to the long delays between post/read times between LDraw users.

There is also the disadvantage of these communications not being logged and thus matters discussed would not be on public record for reference by those who come after. Although a bot could easily log the public channel and publish it someplace, private discussions between two people would be nowhere to be found, and so it would not be ideal. For instance, I like how the LSC has done everything publicly so I was able to catch up on what I missed, if some of the debates had happened over IRC, I might not have been able to understand why some decisions were made because I could not find record of them, so we as a community would need to be careful about what discussions we have on IRC and publish transcripts of them if something noteworthy was concluded.

Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Print this item

Using auto-include files from LDView POV export
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2011-11-29, 2:35 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (4)

Following some discussion elsewhere I figured it would be worth writing a bit about this issue. I'll add to this if I think of things and welcome questions.

Introduction

LDView has offered the option of POVray export for quite a while now. This allows some quite powerful manipulations via POVray. Here I'll focus on two important options: Top include file and Bottom include file.

As the name suggests this inserts a line including a file either up top (straight after all parameters have been declared) or down bottom (right at the end of the file). Combined with the list of parameters this allows quite a lot of automation via these include files, beyond that which could be expected from the export alone.

Top include file

This file is particularly useful for overriding colours but might also be used for other things. It has access to all parameters output by LDView including details of the camera, floor, model bounds and other details but typically would probably just include personal declarations for colours.

Note that the colours LDview declares are only ever called if the colour isn't already declared. So whatever colours you declare will carry through to all other parts.

I've attached my default file legocols.inc here (note it calls lugnetcolors.inc but you can comment this out).

Bottom include file

This file is very important. It can be used to declare the floor, override the camera, declare lights (if you don't like the defaults switch them off and set them here). And it too has access not only to the same declared parameters as the top include file, but also indirectly to the filename details [1].

For example I like to surround all my POVray files by a large sphere with a skymap to improve (IMO) render quality. This depends both on the distance of the lights and camera (they must be inside the sphere) but also on the floor position (so I can center the sphere appropriately). The details are unimportant but I can get all this useful information straight from the main file.

Similarly I like to set my own lights to improve rendering. Again these are set in the include file.

Perhaps most useful for many people (and the reason this file is called last) is the ability to use the include file to override the camera. POVray only ever uses the last declared camera so whatever is declared in the include file is what will be used in the rendering. This is especially useful for animation. Note that the camera you set here means the camera set by LDView will be ignored. If you wish to use the camera set by LDView you must use the parameters LDXCameraLoc, LDXCameraSky and LDXCameraLookAt

I've attached my default file ldview.inc here (it may not run due to other files but it can be read).

[1] If you know the filename of the main submodel or model (for ldr files) just set
Code:
#ifdef (LDX_Filename_ldr)
Model specific actions go here
#end
and you can deal with special cases in a generic way.

Attached Files
.inc   legocols.inc (Size: 17.58 KB / Downloads: 1)
.inc   LDView.inc (Size: 1.74 KB / Downloads: 2)
.inc   floorsphere.inc (Size: 1.27 KB / Downloads: 1)
Print this item

6228 dolphin
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2011-11-29, 1:33 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (7)

anybody interested in making the dolphin?
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6228u

There is a LDD shape available....

Print this item