Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,471
» Latest member: Piltz
» Forum threads: 5,680
» Forum posts: 48,574

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 275 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 269 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, Gerald Lasser, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
LDView 4.5 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Travis Cobbs
2 hours ago
» Replies: 36
» Views: 8,543
TEXMAP addition to Offici...
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Travis Cobbs
2 hours ago
» Replies: 21
» Views: 18,592
[LDPE] 1.8.89 Released (b...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
6 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 204
Town and Trains 1993
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
7 hours ago
» Replies: 32
» Views: 19,124
Flag 2 x 2 with Blue and ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Eugen
10 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 155
LeoCad M1 Support
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Today, 2:04
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,815
Technic 2024
Last Post: MING YING CAI
Today, 0:51
» Replies: 26
» Views: 16,447
Looking for a simple (fre...
Forum: Off-Topic
Yesterday, 6:04
» Replies: 5
» Views: 11,743
FreeStyle 1995-1998
Yesterday, 4:51
» Replies: 5
» Views: 293
Datsville
Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations)
Yesterday, 2:35
» Replies: 54
» Views: 94,077

Any desire for an "Off Topic" forum?
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-11-29, 1:03 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (10)

I think I'd like to add an off topic forum. I sometimes have technical question that aren't necessarily LDraw related that I know a lot of the regulars here can answer. It would at worst save me a frustration Google search. Of course any off topic forum will be heavily moderated and flame wars, etc... would be ruthlessly terminated.

Print this item

[SR 3D Builder] Request and question
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-11-29, 0:59 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (3)

Feature request:
- MPD model support. Too late into my authoring of the Super Star Destroyer did I find out that SR 3D Builder doesn't apper to support MPD models. If it does, it's not readily apparent.

Quesiton:
- Is there a good usage tutorial for using this program? The user manual was decent at explaining how to edit and move parts around but less helpful in how to move the camera around.

Print this item

8110 Unimog
Posted by: Oh-Seong KWON - 2011-11-28, 23:41 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (11)

Hi,
Here is the most huge official technic model ever Smile

You can download my model at http://pds22.egloos.com/pds/201111/29/09/8110.zip
LDR file contain the code line for stickers but L3B file don't, because SR3D couldn't read the file with the stickers to the end.
I recommend that if you want to use SR3D, then choose L3B file, and if LDview or MLCAD, then LDR file.

Here is the sticker files that I used as reference. (You should download at parts folder and do 'Scan part' in MLCAD)
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=4622303
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=4631649

Enjoy Smile

KWON

[Image: a0111809_4ed3aef41ad45.jpg]

[Image: a0111809_4ed3aef3956a8.jpg]

Attached Files
.ldr   8110.ldr (Size: 562.58 KB / Downloads: 27)
.l3b   8110.L3B (Size: 551.03 KB / Downloads: 6)
Print this item

Implement a maximum embedded image size
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2011-11-28, 23:13 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (20)

Personally I've always got a bit annoyed seeing embedded images larger than about 500x500px. They take up too much screen real estate and, more importantly, make browsing on small screen devices like phones very difficult. Not to mention the excessive bandwidth.

So I'd like to see a maximum size limit imposed on them. Whether by request or software.

Tim

Print this item

Make Announcements open to response
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2011-11-28, 23:09 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (2)

I think that it might be a good idea to open Annoucements to responses. We've already got a place to make announcements that can't be responded to (on the website) and, many of the topics we've opened have to be duplicated elsewhere for further discussion (most recently by Travis).

I'm not saying anyone would be able to start a topic there, but I do think allowing responses would be a good thing.

Tim

Print this item

LDraw org is a Time Machine :)
Posted by: Tore Eriksson - 2011-11-28, 22:41 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (1)

This is so cool! It's still Nov 28 here, and I wrote this post tomorrow. Smile

Print this item

LDView -> POVray bug
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2011-11-28, 11:19 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (7)

Hi Travis,

Just to point you to a thread and solutions about a bug in your POVray export.

http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...79#pid1579

Tim

Print this item

LDraw guidelines: When charging for a program
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2011-11-28, 9:53 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (3)

Hi,

the LDraw Steering Committee (SteerCo) has been questioned what their opinion is about the possibility of charging for a third party program. The following should be taken as guideline:

Should any person wish to charge money for a third party program using the LDraw Parts Library, the LDraw SteerCo strongly recommends that it is made clear that the charge is for the program itself and not for any derivative of the LDraw Parts Library. The intent of the CC license for the library should be made clear and it should include due credit to reward the efforts of all those who have contributed to the library. We would appreciate that the LDraw logo, as well as a link to the website are included and possibly featured prominently. It should also be made clear that the author is not representing himself as LDraw.org.

Furthermore, where possible, the SteerCo would also appreciate a donation be made to Peeron.com as hosts of LDraw.org (a Paypal Donation Button can be found in the top left-hand corner of LDraw's homepage). This is, however, not by any means a requirement.

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw Steering Committee

Print this item

Update for L3P Launcher (OSX)
Posted by: Ramón Figueroa-Centeno - 2011-11-28, 7:58 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (8)

Aloha,

I modified L3P Launcher to work on my system:

1. Updated the enclosed binary of L3P.
2. Changed the Applescript that it uses to open the processed files in MegaPOV.

Please let me know if it works for you <http://db.tt/1khsbeyK>.

Mahalo,

Ramón

Print this item

MPD Wizard for OSX
Posted by: Ramón Figueroa-Centeno - 2011-11-28, 7:52 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (3)

Aloha,

Does anyone have a copy of MPDWizard by Orion Pobursky for OSX?

Mahalo,

Ramón

Print this item