Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,465
» Latest member: Brendan Manke
» Forum threads: 5,680
» Forum posts: 48,565

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 233 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 231 Guest(s)
Bing, Google

Latest Threads
LeoCad M1 Support
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Eugen
4 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,802
LDView 4.5 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
5 hours ago
» Replies: 32
» Views: 8,422
Technic 2024
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: MING YING CAI
5 hours ago
» Replies: 26
» Views: 16,341
Flag 2 x 2 with Blue and ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
8 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 116
Looking for a simple (fre...
Forum: Off-Topic
Yesterday, 6:04
» Replies: 5
» Views: 11,738
FreeStyle 1995-1998
Yesterday, 4:51
» Replies: 5
» Views: 193
Datsville
Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations)
Yesterday, 2:35
» Replies: 54
» Views: 94,029
Milky Way Magic Chest 199...
2024-10-05, 23:52
» Replies: 2
» Views: 166
New moulds with hollow st...
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
2024-10-05, 13:14
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6,862
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
2024-10-05, 7:34
» Replies: 23
» Views: 6,330

Thumbs Up 740 basic building set
Posted by: Marco - 2012-01-18, 19:52 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (5)

hi am new in this forum and i wanted to ask if someone owns the lego set 740 and can make for me dat files  of this parts:Electric Train Motor 4.5V Type II and  Electric 4.5V Battery Box 4 x 22 x 2 & 1/3 please let me know marco

this are the parts i need  s you have more details
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4350c01
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x466
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x469bopen

Print this item

LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2011-02 now available
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-01-18, 13:25 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (1)

The LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2011-02, in short AIOI, has now been released:

* It comes with the latest LDraw Parts Library update 2011-02 as well as MLCad.ini file.
* MLCad has been updated to 3.40

The AIOI supports Windows XP (Home and Pro), Windows Vista (all versions) and Windows 7 (all versions). On 64-Bit Operating Systems it will install in the "Program files (x86)" folder. The Installer will NOT run on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT Ver 4, 2000, or XP below SP2.

You can download the AIOI by going to the download database under the heading Critical Files and Libraries.

w.

Print this item

Memory issues in C++
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2012-01-17, 7:08 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (13)

I was reading about the LDView bugs and spotted this statement.

Travis Cobbs Wrote:Also, no matter how much memory you have, LDView is a 32-bit app, so it will crash if it ever needs more than 2GB (or perhaps 3GB, but I don't think so).

I've been wondering why some code I'd written kept crashing and throwing std::bad_alloc and it's very likely to be this.

So... do any of the C++ gurus around here know how to bypass the problem in general? I've got some numerical code that needs to store and manipulate massive matrices and to run on 32bit systems as well as 64bit.

Tim

PS. Helping the forum live up to its C++ query predictions Wink

Print this item

'tis a dark hour for DesignByMe
Posted by: Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2012-01-17, 1:34 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (1)

Tonight marks the end of DesignByMe (formerly known as Lego Factory).

Print this item

Baseplate underdetailing was Re: LDView Bug
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2012-01-16, 22:31 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (25)

Only on the Parts Tracker - e.g. her. I'm not yet convinced this is a good idea, or sure how we should implement it in the Parts Library.

Print this item

Up load my design
Posted by: Kieran Metcalf - 2012-01-16, 11:13 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (6)

Hi,

I have designed a tower crane and have used LDraw to draw it.

There are some technic brick combonations in the slew mechanism which I
have not seen in existing models and would like to record it.

Without having contest it, is there an libery that I can store it.

Regards

Kieran

Print this item

Owner LDraw Facebook page
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2012-01-16, 11:05 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (5)

Hi all,

Who is the owner of the LDraw pages and group on Facebook?
http://www.facebook.com/pages/LDraworg/282028509934

This one is is Tim Gould's, I see?
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=21110855277

I see Tim Courtney made this one
http://www.facebook.com/groups/174133799292676/

Shouldn't "we" put some effort in social media?
I think announcements like a new version of MLCad or Part release should be mentioned here?

Jaco

Print this item

LDView Bug
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2012-01-15, 17:33 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (14)

I recognized, that if I use the primitive substitution option with models that have xxxxh.DAT baseplates in them the whole program does crash.
With xxxxh.DAT I mean the baseplate with detailed underside studs - only for the case these get renamed.....

Is this error known ?
Will it be fixed?

Print this item

BETA tester searched
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2012-01-15, 15:59 - Forum: All Other Programs. - No Replies

Hi all,
I am currently coding on my MPDCenter.
Aim is:
1) Open and Save MPD files.
2) Import DAT and LDR files.
3) Export DAT and LDR files including referenced files from within the MPD.
4) Delete DAT and LDR files from MPD.
5) Import DAT files if used from within the MPD that are not official.
6) Adding the License in a bunch to all files within the MPD.
7) If MPD filename is according to the current OMR Spec. keep the DAT and LDR files also conform to the OMR spec.

That sounds all simple, but in detail it is'nt.

I would be glad if there where some people that like to test it.
Written in Visual Basic Express 2008, so it might also run on Linux and MAC with MONO Enviroment (but this is not the first aim).

If you are interested in further developing this tool please leave your comment here.

cu
mikeheide

Print this item

Tutorial: joining studs to a non-planar surface
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2012-01-15, 12:41 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (6)

This decribes method to create the junction between stud primitives and a non-planar surface. It is not perfect (there are some T-junctions created in the process), but it's pretty efficient. It is also the opportunity to see an example of usage of many tools...

[Image: stb0.gif]
We start with the partial part, stud4a are in position and we need to join them to dome shaped surface above.
Starting file: stb0.dat
an

[Image: stb1.gif]
Extract stud4a primitives -> stb1.dat

[Image: stb2.gif]
Inline (using LDDP) stb1 contents (one level), and remove everything but 4-4edges. Inline the result -> stb2.dat

[Image: stb3.gif]
Using MLCad, extract bottom surface from stb0.dat -> stb3.dat

[Image: stb4.gif]
Use Slicerpro on stb2.dat as pattern, stb3.dat as former -> stb4.dat

[Image: stb5.gif]
Generate the tubes using Ytruder. Stud4a top is at Y=44, so we use Ytruder with projection on plane Y=44 -> stb5.dat

[Image: stb6.gif]
Problem is that the orientation of the generated surface depends only on the orientation of lines in stb4.dat. If you look at the file in BFC mode, orientation is not correct. Windz should be able to do clean up, but stb5.dat has no clear interior/exterior, so Windz doesn't perform well on it. We will add the stud4a primitives (from file stb1.dat) to it to make things clear, we also remove the edge lines inserted by Ytruder on the edges of non circular paths -> stb6.dat

[Image: stb7.gif]
Windz can now find correct bfc orientation -> stb7.dat

[Image: stb8.gif]
We can now reintegrate all these elements (edge lines from stb4.dat, cylinders from stb7.dat) in stb0.dat -> stb8.dat

[Image: stb9.gif]
Now we go on with generation of walls between studs.
First step, using MLCad we create top of walls as rectangles that enter in cylinder tubes -> stb9.dat

[Image: stb10.gif]
Adjust Y value of stb1.dat so that height of stud4a be in the middle of quads in stb9 (we could have used cylinders of stb7, but since there are more cuts the result would not be as clean). Inline multilevel down to quad and lines -> stb10.dat

[Image: stb11.gif]
Now cut stb9.dat with the studs (stb10.dat) using Intersector -> stb11.dat
stb11.dat

[Image: stb12.gif]
Create intersection lines with Isecalc ->stb12.dat

[Image: stb13.gif]
Remove the unwanted (yellow) surfaces from stb11.dat, and add edge lines from stb12.dat then restore proper colors -> stb13.dat

[Image: stb14.gif]
Generate remaining edge lines with Edger2, options "Create only unmatched edges" and "write only new lines". The result contains only side edge lines, those where we want to grow side surfaces. Change edge color to 24 -> stb14.dat

[Image: stb15.gif]
We will now use the same process as the one used for stud cylinders.
Use Slicerpro on stb14.dat as pattern, stb3.dat as former -> stb15.dat

[Image: stb16.gif]
Generate the side walls using Ytruder. Top is at Y=35, so we use Ytruder with projection on plane Y=35 -> stb16.dat

[Image: stb17.gif]
Merge stb13, stb14, stb15 and stb16 -> stb17.dat

[Image: stb18.gif]
Run Windz on stb17 to improve BFC. Unfortunately stb17 has no clear inside/outside, so Windz result is not perfect, and you still have to flip a few quads manually. It can be done relatively easily using LDView tree view with highlight to find line number of inverted elements, and change winding in LDDP. -> stb18.dat

[Image: stb19.gif]
Add it to stb8 ->stb19.dat

Print this item