Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,465
» Latest member: Brendan Manke
» Forum threads: 5,680
» Forum posts: 48,565

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 233 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 230 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google

Latest Threads
LeoCad M1 Support
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Eugen
4 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,802
LDView 4.5 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
5 hours ago
» Replies: 32
» Views: 8,422
Technic 2024
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: MING YING CAI
5 hours ago
» Replies: 26
» Views: 16,338
Flag 2 x 2 with Blue and ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
8 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 116
Looking for a simple (fre...
Forum: Off-Topic
Yesterday, 6:04
» Replies: 5
» Views: 11,738
FreeStyle 1995-1998
Yesterday, 4:51
» Replies: 5
» Views: 193
Datsville
Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations)
Yesterday, 2:35
» Replies: 54
» Views: 94,029
Milky Way Magic Chest 199...
2024-10-05, 23:52
» Replies: 2
» Views: 166
New moulds with hollow st...
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
2024-10-05, 13:14
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6,862
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
2024-10-05, 7:34
» Replies: 23
» Views: 6,330

Thumbs Up rock boulder
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2012-01-24, 19:07 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (1)

It would be nice if somebody could complete the rock boulder :
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?P=30294c01

The top is already existing, but the bottom is still missing. In LDD both are available so the missing shape can be extracted.

Print this item

Thumbs Up Minifig handcuffs
Posted by: Peter Lind - 2012-01-24, 14:02 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

Is there a brave soul out there in the part-designer community that will try to model the minifig handcuffs?

[Image: x1876.1210221442.jpg]

I know that they aren't much use in building MOCs, but I really miss them when I build the official police-sets.
So if anyone is up for the challenge, I would very much appreciate it!

Sincerely
Peter Lind

Print this item

Lego animation done in Blender with Ldraw parts.
Posted by: ParlaneArtShed - 2012-01-24, 2:14 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (4)

Here goes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtD6aiATnj8

Print this item

Merge folder contents in OSX/*nix
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2012-01-24, 1:09 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (5)

After several less than helpful Google searches I've decided to ask my question here where we have a handful of OSX/*nix gurus.

One of the most frustrating things about OSX is the fact that when I drag and drop folder into directory where one of the same name already exists, instead of merging the folder contents like Windows does, it simply replaces the folder outright. This makes upgrading my LDraw installation frustrating unless I simply trash the old ldraw folder and download complete.exe. Is there a way to force OSX to merge folder contents instead of replacing? Barring that is there a command line way of doing this?

Note: I don't want to download and use a separate program to do this as I consider that just as time consuming. I'd rather have a in GUI solution or a command line option that I can write an script to leverage.

Print this item

SR 3D Builder 0.6.3.7
Posted by: Sergio Reano - 2012-01-23, 7:47 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

So here we are again!!
A new version of the application is now available on my website: http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/
and the following is the preview video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLwAUYg0YKA

Notice: unregistered users can create a mono-piston motor only.
For details about new features (not too much to say the true) refer to History tab on my website!!

Enjoy building!

Sergio

Print this item

Ideas for patterns with "very fine dots"
Posted by: Peter Lind - 2012-01-22, 12:14 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (8)

Hi there pattern creators

I am looking for ideas and suggestions on how to create a pattern that is comprised of very tiny dots, to emulate fading from one color to another.

An example is the computer screen used on 3068bpx104 and 3039px35
[Image: 3068bpx104.1093844762.jpg]

Should I create a pattern with A LOT of tiny quads, or do any of you have a different idea as to how this can be created in a way that wont be to difficult to create and render?

Discuss! Smile

/Peter

Print this item

Lego Tower Crane
Posted by: Kieran Metcalf - 2012-01-21, 19:14 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (1)

OK This was ambitious, but worth it and far from finished. It looks good, but when built in real life and the pully strings and suspension cables added it is a bit jerky, the gearing ratio is good, but proportions and pullys need work.

Kieran

Attached Files
.mpd   Tower Crane Whole Arrangement.mpd (Size: 43.41 KB / Downloads: 21)
Print this item

Webgl renderer possible?
Posted by: Einar Öberg - 2012-01-20, 23:20 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (5)

Hi! I'm doing research about making a webgl renderer for ldraw-models. I'm curious if any of you guys have seen that before. Maybe it's a difficult task, with all dependencies and high polygon-count but is it worth a shoot? The webgl-engines like three.js is quite optimized these days. Or do I need geometry-shaders for all the details, like studs?

Einar

Print this item

LDConfig.ldr updated to version 2012-01-06
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2012-01-19, 7:22 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (2)

The LDraw colour configuration file (LDConfig.ldr) has been updated to include three new colours Medium_Azure (322), Medium_Lavender (30), and Olive_Green (326). Additionally a new internal colour (493) for Magnet materials has been introduced.

The new file is immediately available for download from the Core Files and Libraries download page and will also be incorporated into the next official Parts Update.

The LDraw.org colour chart has been updated.

Many thanks to Scott Wardlaw for managing this.

Print this item

LDD 4.2.5 is out...
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2012-01-18, 20:50 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - No Replies

...with many new interesting shapes!

Print this item