Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,463
» Latest member: sofia10
» Forum threads: 5,680
» Forum posts: 48,560

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 326 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 322 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
Technic 2024
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: SNIPE
1 hour ago
» Replies: 24
» Views: 16,284
Flag 2 x 2 with Blue and ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
1 hour ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 82
LDView 4.5 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
1 hour ago
» Replies: 30
» Views: 8,366
Looking for a simple (fre...
Forum: Off-Topic
Last Post: Eugen
Today, 6:04
» Replies: 5
» Views: 11,732
FreeStyle 1995-1998
Today, 4:51
» Replies: 5
» Views: 150
Datsville
Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations)
Today, 2:35
» Replies: 54
» Views: 94,013
Milky Way Magic Chest 199...
Yesterday, 23:52
» Replies: 2
» Views: 146
New moulds with hollow st...
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
Yesterday, 13:14
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6,855
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
Yesterday, 7:34
» Replies: 23
» Views: 6,325
Town and Trains 1993
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-10-04, 16:27
» Replies: 31
» Views: 19,067

Unofficial files in the OMR
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-03-12, 9:14 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (12)

I'd like to discuss this:

http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...28#pid3128

Should we change in http://www.ldraw.org/Article593.html:

Quote:Unofficial parts are allowed to be used. The filename of the unofficial part is subject to the naming rules above (e.g. 33056.dat would be renamed to <MPD Filename> - 33956.dat).

to

Quote:Unofficial parts are allowed to be used. The filename of the unofficial part is subject to the following naming rules:

<Set Number> - <Unofficial Part Number>.dat

<Set Number> is the the number printed on the model's container.
<Unofficial Part Number> is the unofficial part number assigned in that very moment

(e.g. 33956.dat would be renamed to <Set Number> - 33956.dat).

w.

Print this item

Modular Buildings: new set 10224 (Town Hall) has appeared
Posted by: Steffen - 2012-03-11, 15:45 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (1)

http://shop.lego.com/catalog/productLarg...ene7Spin=1

Print this item

[Mindstorms] Sudoku Solver
Posted by: Steffen - 2012-03-11, 13:43 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (2)

Wow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mp8Y2yjV4fU

This combines
(a) image recognition (scanning)
(b) algorithmic solution of problem
© drawing machine

Print this item

Call for votes: Stickers and Color 16
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-03-10, 12:12 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (6)

Please vote on the proposal below. Please modify the Subject to include your name and vote, in addition to giving your vote in the text.

Update the LDraw.org Official Library Specification for Sticker Parts in the following way:

Quote:For transparent stickers, the transparent portion should be modeled using color 16, so that the sticker can be attached to any color parts and still blend in. Unfortunately, if it is attached over a multi-colored region, it won't blend in, but there isn't really a good solution to that problem.

Except with transparent stickers, the sticker pattern is modeled by real colors. They are not modifiable from the outside, and so the use of color numbers 16 and 24 is not allowed. Color 16 is allowed for transparent stickers, as noted above, but color 24 is not.

The sticker pattern is modeled by real colors, they are not modifiable from the outside, and so the use of color numbers 16 and 24 is not allowed.

to

Quote:The sticker pattern is modelled by real colour; they are not modifiable from the outside. All printed colour of the pattern must be matched. Mimicking a colour by blending in the background colour of the part underneath using colour 16 is not allowed. Colour 16 is exclusively allowed for a transparent portion of the pattern, so that the sticker can be attached to any color parts and still blend in. Since edges are forbidden in sticker parts, colour 24 is not allowed.

Print this item

Are standards for official parts too strict?
Posted by: Travis Cobbs - 2012-03-10, 9:07 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (52)

A number of part authors have indicated that they feel that some (many?) of the restrictions placed on official parts are overly bureaucratic, and thus counterproductive. And while I've been a member of the LSC for many years, I am not a part author, and I don't review very many parts. So while I personally feel that the current standards are fairly reasonable, I also feel that if they're driving part authors away, then perhaps they should be changed.

So, I'd like to get feedback from part authors, but only if the feedback is polite. Orion will quite rightly not put up with this thread turning into a flame war. I'm looking for honest feedback from current part authors about the requirements for official parts as they stand now. More specifically, I want to know if there is a feeling that certain restrictions should be removed.

If the results are such that I feel it's warranted, I'll start an official LSC discussion in the LSC forum. (This thread is here in this forum so that I can get feedback from more than just the current 5 members of the LSC.) If the vast majority of the results are that things are OK, I won't. And I'll be honest: even though I promise to start the discussion if I feel it's warranted, I can't make any guarantees about what the results will be, since I'm only one member of the 5-member LSC, and LSC procedures for the current LSC state that 2 NO votes are enough to defeat any proposal. And depending on what the requests are, I may even be one of the hypothetical NO votes. Actual change will require that no more than one of the current LSC members is against the proposed change.

Print this item

Parts Tracker - Respond to Comments w/o Resubmit?
Posted by: Greg Teft - 2012-03-09, 21:47 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (4)

I can't locate contact info for a reviewer, and don't want to get in the habit of cluttering the Authoring/Standards forum with review correspondence. Could there be a way to answer a review without resubmitting, or providing a sub-forum for per-file discussions, encouraging reviewers to look there for any counter-arguments?

Or, is the Authoring/Standards forum already expected to serve this purpose?

Print this item

PROBLEMS WITH MLCAD
Posted by: Elijah Horton - 2012-03-09, 4:25 - Forum: Help - Replies (2)

I have bean having some problems with Mlcad, and i need some info on how i can fix these two problems. The first problem is that i cant select and change the rotation vector and type in what i want. Second, i cant add any new custom colors to my default color list. Also, im running on windows vista.

I have created five attachments, to display the problems that i have bean having.

Any help would be appreciated.
sincerely: Elijah Horton

Attached Files
.txt   rotation vector error.txt (Size: 62.67 KB / Downloads: 0)
.txt   color selection error1.txt (Size: 46.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
.txt   color selection error2.txt (Size: 43.53 KB / Downloads: 0)
.txt   color selection error3.txt (Size: 63.08 KB / Downloads: 0)
.txt   color selection error4.txt (Size: 44.03 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

Autocorrect BFC
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2012-03-08, 11:54 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (2)

Hi all,

I have these 3 custom made parts with a pattern with "holes".
I know this has something to do with BFC, but don't what to do.
Can this be corrected at once?

Jaco

Attached Files
.dat   4215xLf22.dat (Size: 93.11 KB / Downloads: 0)
.dat   4215xRt22.dat (Size: 111.84 KB / Downloads: 0)
.dat   4215CargTxt.dat (Size: 1.26 MB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

Thumbs Up 2677, 2678 Monorail Track Ramp
Posted by: Oh-Seong KWON - 2012-03-08, 5:21 - Forum: Part Requests - No Replies

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2677  - Monorail Track Ramp Lower Part
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2678  - Monorail Track Ramp Upper Part

These parts were very old parts but have not released as even an unofficial part until at the moment.

Is there any able man who are planning on these parts?

Thanks for reading. Smile

KWON

Print this item

Terminating the CA?
Posted by: Tore Eriksson - 2012-03-08, 1:58 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (8)

As I am fed up with what has become of LDraw, I have decided not to contribute anymore. As my contributions to the parts library has already become quite scarse, you will probably not notice any difference there. Please don't try to talk me into giving it yet another try.

As I don't really approve to the derivative works made by LDraw.org to my already official parts either, I consider to cancel the agreement I once signed if possible. And here comes the tricky question: Is it possible to cancel the CA I signed for already existing parts?

/Tore

Print this item