Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,173
» Latest member: jjayboyy
» Forum threads: 5,585
» Forum posts: 47,941

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 281 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 276 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google

Latest Threads
Incorrect clip placement ...
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 82
New red panda from Jungle...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: George Nichols
Yesterday, 22:53
» Replies: 0
» Views: 45
Make 572c01 flexible
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 20:07
» Replies: 12
» Views: 5,471
Official Part Fix Submiss...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 3:05
» Replies: 18
» Views: 1,287
Technic 1986
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-06-24, 15:58
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3,436
Towball Hitching Plate 2x...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
2024-06-24, 11:10
» Replies: 2
» Views: 200
MLCad.ini 2024-04 update ...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-06-23, 11:16
» Views: 79
[LDPatternCreator] Releas...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
2024-06-22, 21:59
» Views: 211
LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+lin...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-06-22, 15:32
» Replies: 80
» Views: 15,528
[LDPE] 1.8.80 Released (t...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: N. W. Perry
2024-06-22, 13:41
» Replies: 1
» Views: 159

Thumbs Up Request on 47904
Posted by: Tobias Staeudel - 2013-09-11, 15:57 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

Hi Guys,

i'm looking for the part 47904 and either i'm too stupid to find it in the database or it's just not available.

Would be nice if anybody could help me.

Cheers

Stinger

Print this item

Re: LEGO Color Overview / Comparison / Charts
Posted by: Arthur Sigg - 2013-09-10, 19:10 - Forum: Parts Authoring - No Replies

NCS - Natural Color System

With a "Color Wheel" - like decribed in the article from Niels Bugge - there is no chance to catch all the distinguishable colors. NCS defines a Color Space in the shape of a Double Cone with vertical axis
- Saturated Hues placed at the outermost circle of the double cone
- Achromatic Colors on the Rotation Axis of the Double Cone with White on the top cone tip and Black at the bottom cone tip
- Color Nuances inside the Double Cone space layered on triangle plane with the corners Hue - White - Black
Look at the incredible architecture of this Color System
Logic behind the System

Not only a theoretical system - in the Web-Shop you will find the NCS Album containing 1950 removable printed colors sheets, each unique color example three times in the format A6 ! Ok, unfortunately not payable for an AFOL who is using all his available money for Bricks ...

I know, this product does not solve any "plastic color problem" but it is a professional system with unique identification of a recognized color and it is worth keeping an eye on. I own a similar Album with 186 hand-colored removable samples. It was produced by Chromos Verlag (Dr. Aemilius Mueller) 1958 for Swiss schools, it's color identification code is less usable then the one of NCS but it is still amazing !

Hope you enjoy,
Arthur

NB: Sorry for the wrong placement, should be positioned as an answer to "LEGO Color Overview / Comparison / Charts"

Print this item

LSculpt used on LEGO Star Wars: Yoda Chronicles?
Posted by: Travis Cobbs - 2013-09-10, 4:44 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (1)

I almost posted this in off-topic, but LSculpt is an LDraw tool, so I decided to put it here.

A pink Stanford Bunny showed up in LEGO Star Wars: Yoda Chronicles, and it looks an awful lot like LSculpt was used to create it. See the following images:
[Image: MRnJpC4.jpg]
[Image: fRdbdfq.jpg]
[Image: t19WRc0.jpg]

(Sorry about the low quality; the pictures were taken of my TV using an iPod Touch. They get the point across, though.)

Does anyone know if this really was done with LSculpt?

Print this item

Thumbs Up New modified Jumper Plate 1 x 2 15573
Posted by: Arthur Sigg - 2013-09-09, 20:23 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

Hi,

Only a information

The Jumper that warms my heart

Arthur

Print this item

box3-7a.dat
Posted by: Ronald Vallenduuk - 2013-09-07, 8:53 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (2)

Hi all,

Been away for a while but have started on another part. In the primitive reference for box3-7a.dat it says "... and 1LDu in the {y} dimension". However the box is 2LDU tall (as you can see in the image). It's already being used in official parts so it may be a little late to change the part but the description in the primitive page should be changed.
It made me wonder though. Why are most cuboid primitives 2x1x2 while some (like the box3- ones) are 2x2x2?

Ronald

Print this item

custom LDConfig.ldr
Posted by: Santeri Piippo - 2013-09-06, 17:39 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (2)

Not sure where else to post this but I've been using an edited LDConfig.ldr for a good while now and figured to share it. I altered it to have colors more closer to what I percieve as the real colors of the parts (the black for instance felt way too blue to me). Also the bricks have black edges, aside from the pearlescent and some bright colors. Also I removed the LEGOID stuff because it made it quite unreadable IMO and Peeron-esque names since they're nice and short.

Yeah I meant this for personal usage but I figured to share it.

[Image: bricks-ldconfig-custom.png]

[Image: bricks-ldconfig-original.png]

from left to right: black, blue, green, teal, red, pink (..?), brown,
gray, dark gray, yellow, white, tan, lime, dark tan (or sand as I call it),
pearlescent gray, pearlescent gold

Link here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6605...Config.ldr

Print this item

dead links
Posted by: Steffen - 2013-09-06, 17:25 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (9)

there are still some links online on ldraw.org, dating from the server transition.

they contain the URL "new.ldraw.org", pointing to nowhere now.

example:
http://www.ldraw.org/reference/faq/#20

can we grep for those somehow and replace?

Print this item

tool for converting DAT files into WebGL / three.js
Posted by: Jan Jirout - 2013-09-01, 22:37 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - No Replies

Hello,

I started to create java library for parsing LDraw model into Abstract Syntax Tree (AST). It should allows perform various task with produced AST. For example model validation, converting to other formats and so on. LDraw parsing is based on antlr4 library. Project is in Java.

To prove that parsing works fine there is tool that convert DAT files into three.js JSON format. Three.js JSON could easily displayed in WebGL page. Simple example is at http://cubiculus.sourceforge.net/threejs-viewer.html.

You can download package with linux convertor to three.js JSON from here. Or whole project is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/cubiculus/

Could be this library useful for you? Do you see any errors, problems? I personally thought about 3D building instructions. Please let me know.

Thanks

Jan

Print this item

Texture files for EV3 stickers
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2013-09-01, 9:01 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

Because of the complexity of the pattern ("ageing effect"), I made stickers for EV3 using TEXMAP extension. Since the parts tracker doesn't yet allow submitting texture files, I place them here.
Instructions:
- download and save the attached file
- rename it to .zip instead of .txt
- open it and place the "texture" folder of the zip in the parts folder where you placed the sticker files.

You will be then able to see EV3 stickers using software that support TEXMAP extension: LDView, LDCad, Bricksmith and LeoCAD. Other ones will only show a white sticker, as I haven't created any fallback texture.

Attached Files
.txt   EV3_stickers_textures.txt (Size: 692.42 KB / Downloads: 21)
Print this item

Problems with Windows 8
Posted by: warwick holden - 2013-08-31, 18:38 - Forum: Help - Replies (16)

Hi! I have tried searching the forums for this problem, but without success! If I've missed a post - I apologise. I tried to install L Draw All-in-One installer onto a laptop running Windows 8. The laptop is a Sony Vaio with Win 8 Professional 64 bit installed. The install went OK, but towards the end of the install there were a number of error messages along the lines of "Can't find file". At the end the final install a message said that Pov-Ray had failed to install. The main programs were installed in the 'Program (x86)' folder. Should I have installed elsewhere?? Such as direct onto the C drive?? Any help appreciated. By the way - all other programs worked fine!

Print this item