Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,173
» Latest member: jjayboyy
» Forum threads: 5,585
» Forum posts: 47,941

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 276 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 268 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Jeff Jones, Orion Pobursky, Philippe Hurbain

Latest Threads
Incorrect clip placement ...
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 87
New red panda from Jungle...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: George Nichols
Yesterday, 22:53
» Replies: 0
» Views: 45
Make 572c01 flexible
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 20:07
» Replies: 12
» Views: 5,471
Official Part Fix Submiss...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 3:05
» Replies: 18
» Views: 1,287
Technic 1986
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-06-24, 15:58
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3,438
Towball Hitching Plate 2x...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
2024-06-24, 11:10
» Replies: 2
» Views: 200
MLCad.ini 2024-04 update ...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-06-23, 11:16
» Views: 79
[LDPatternCreator] Releas...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
2024-06-22, 21:59
» Views: 211
LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+lin...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-06-22, 15:32
» Replies: 80
» Views: 15,576
[LDPE] 1.8.80 Released (t...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: N. W. Perry
2024-06-22, 13:41
» Replies: 1
» Views: 159

quad2dat program
Posted by: Remco Canten - 2013-08-21, 19:27 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (20)

I am still discovering the programs that are present for all users.
Recently i read a lot of the program quad2dat.
But i am unable to find/download this.
Does anyone else know a solution to have a picture of a part and convert this to MLcad usable file?

Print this item

Is there any way to associate parts with a given model?
Posted by: Ahmed Elhassan - 2013-08-20, 23:54 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (5)

Is there a way to have a specific set of parts associated with only a specific model? I keep each LDraw model in it's own folder and would like each model to have it's own unique parts folder. A parts folder that only holds any extra parts that I am using with the model itself. Is there a way to do this?

Print this item

Any DAT file editors that let you view 1 line at a time?
Posted by: Mark Kennedy - 2013-08-20, 7:31 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

Are there any DAT file editors that let you view 1 line at a time similar to what the original LDraw's Ledit does? The problem with Ledit is it can't handle type 5 lines if you save the file it will turn them into type 5 lines.

Print this item

LDCad 1.2 Beta 1 (win+linux)
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2013-08-20, 1:44 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (7)

Hello all,

Proudly I would like to present the newest and hopefully greatest version of my LDCad application.

Major new features (compared to 1.1b)

• Flexible parts
  • Template system
  • Nested editing
  • (recursive) Grouping

And some minor new features:
  • Smoothing of parts
  • Up to 30% increase of rendering performance.
  • And of course many small improvements and bugfixes.

I also placed some screen recordings on Youtube which should help people get familier with the program more quickly.

Basic editing
This demonstrates the getting started editing basics.

More advanced editing
This introduces using non absolute grids and ortho view mode.

Pneumatic hose placement demo
This demonstrates placement of a pneumatic hose, it also indirectly (minimally) demonstrates the new nested editing mode.

If someone would like to see a clip of some particular activity feel free to ask.

You'll find all available versions at the usual place:
LDCad home page

Any questions and suggestions are welcome.

As usual a nice screen shot of this versions mascot model:
[Image: LDCadScrShot4b.png]

Also as an attachment to this post is the MPD for the above model (8837), which demonstrates you can see the generated pneumatic hoses in any decent LDraw renderer without needing additional parts etc.

This is possible because the flexible parts are (optionally) generated by deforming a donor (segment) LDraw file which is then inlined in the model using special submodels.

I've created some custom donor files for this purpose (pneumatic hose, pf electric wires and technic axle). These files are basicly dressed down versions of official files in order to keep the resulting type 1..5 lines count to a minimum while maintining high quality closed mesh parts.

I know there are many more similar parts people would like to place and 'bend', I will be working to add them in future versions. But this will take me quite some time. So if anyone is interested in helping making additional flexible part (template/donors), let me know and I'll setup some sort of reference document and/or tutorial clip. All this can be done using the 1.2 version it self no scripting/coding is needed it's all based on plain ldr files.

Attached Files
.mpd   8837.mpd (Size: 2.07 MB / Downloads: 1)
Print this item

PF Motors with cables attached
Posted by: Gerald Lasser - 2013-08-19, 22:42 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

Is there a naming convention for a "complete" Motor, i.e. with cable and plug?

LEGO shows PF-motors in their building instructions complete with cables. What would be the name of such a part? Or do you think it is better to use the PLI Substitution with an custom designed part (motor + LSYNTH cable + Plug)?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Gerald

Print this item

LSynth Parts with a fixed length?
Posted by: Gerald Lasser - 2013-08-19, 16:48 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

How can I gather the length of a synthisized part? i.e. to use only cables with a fixed length or the flex axles?

Could not find anything in neither Willi's tutorial or any other place

Thanks

Gerald

Print this item

Open MPD file
Posted by: Marcello Alloggio - 2013-08-18, 9:22 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (6)

Hello,

how can i open mpd files ? To be more specific, i added files to ldview, but i only see 1 picture. There supposed to be buildinginstructions with it, but there is only "step 1 (from 1).

Thank you,

Marcello

Print this item

Thumbs Up Part 92842 PROPELLER 3 BLADES M/Ø4,8
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2013-08-17, 11:38 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

Hi everybody.

Currently I try to build the set 4473 and now I am missing this propellor.

I have not yet looked into LDD for this part, so maybe someone can extract that part from there.
Just looked into LDD and yes, the part is there. So maybe someone can extract that part from there Smile.

Print this item

uploading subpart problem
Posted by: Remco Canten - 2013-08-17, 10:09 - Forum: Help - Replies (3)

i have search the forum but cannot find the manual to upload a subpart.
when uploading its say:
Error: Invalid Name entry 'subparts01.dat'. Entry should be 's\subparts01.dat'.

how to upload a subpart to the s\ section.

Print this item

Parsable Meta-Data for High-detail vs. Low-detail parts and primitives
Posted by: Ben Supnik - 2013-08-14, 0:05 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (58)

Hi Y'all,

A while ago someone pointed me at the low-detail versions of the stud primitives, which cut the polygon prism side count in half.

I just want to confirm that there is no machine-readable way to determine which files are higher or lower res versions of each other, either via a meta command or a separate index file.

I am interested in coding Bricksmith to dynamically swap between high and low res primitives to improve rendering performance without having to hard code a list of "known swaps".

cheers
Ben

Print this item