Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,167
» Latest member: NicolasCarlier
» Forum threads: 5,577
» Forum posts: 47,885

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 220 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 215 Guest(s)
Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Designer Sets
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
Yesterday, 20:35
» Replies: 5
» Views: 5,832
Technic 1984
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 15:10
» Replies: 11
» Views: 10,119
Parts request: Printed pi...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Kuipers
Yesterday, 13:43
» Replies: 0
» Views: 43
Architecture Theme
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-06-15, 13:59
» Replies: 174
» Views: 300,878
Part Snapping missing/err...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Roland Melkert
2024-06-14, 21:24
» Replies: 224
» Views: 113,271
LPUB3D cannot export html...
Forum: Help
Last Post: linghank
2024-06-14, 8:28
» Replies: 0
» Views: 65
[LDPE] 1.8.79 Released (i...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
2024-06-12, 19:22
» Replies: 3
» Views: 410
New color: Fabric_Cream
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-06-12, 16:40
» Replies: 2
» Views: 108
Western
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-06-12, 16:04
» Replies: 25
» Views: 34,064
[LDPatternCreator] Releas...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
2024-06-11, 20:18
» Replies: 8
» Views: 441

LDD Brickset vs. LDraw Library and Parts Tracker
Posted by: Rolf Osterthun - 2013-08-22, 15:16 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (26)

Hey,

there are a lot of LEGO bricks that are available in the LDD, but not in LDraw. I created a list that compares the design-ids known in the LDD Brickset 1128 with the part-numbers that are currently available in the official LDraw Parts Library (up to update 2013-01) and with the part-numbers that are currently on the Parts Tracker (Server time: 2013-08-22 10:11).

The LDD uses pure numeric design-ids but LDraw sometimes has numbers with an alphanumeric appendix. To compare these two (three) lists I used the following regular expression:

Code:
^<LDDDesignId>([a-zA-Z]+[0-1a-zA-Z]*)*$
E.g.: when I am looking for the LDD design-id 2041 this expression will match 2041, 2041a, 2041b and 2041ps3 but not 20411. If I find a match, I assume that the part exists in LDraw, too. My results can be seen on this web-page: http://www.digital-bricks.de/en/index.php?site=nil.

Since it is possible to convert LDD data to LDraw compatible data, I will gradually provide all parts that have a design-id in the LDD and no matching part-number in the LDraw Universe. Anyway, some of the provided parts might already exist in the LDraw - but I claim that they have a different part-number (we need an alias).

Please remember: These are unofficial parts. They may be incomplete, or inaccurate, and it is possible that when they are officially released one day, they may be changed in ways that could mess up any model you use them in. All these parts are redistributable under CCAL version 2.0. Anybody is welcome to use these files to prepare the parts for the LDraw Parts Tracker.

I am grateful to any kind of comments, suggestions or hints.

Rolf

Print this item

Background images on MLCad
Posted by: Nicola - 2013-08-22, 14:21 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

Hi, is it possible to put a background image on MLCad views ? It would be useful for tracing an object while keeping proportions and such, as in many 3d editors (see for example blender).

Print this item

quad2dat program
Posted by: Remco Canten - 2013-08-21, 19:27 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (20)

I am still discovering the programs that are present for all users.
Recently i read a lot of the program quad2dat.
But i am unable to find/download this.
Does anyone else know a solution to have a picture of a part and convert this to MLcad usable file?

Print this item

Is there any way to associate parts with a given model?
Posted by: Ahmed Elhassan - 2013-08-20, 23:54 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (5)

Is there a way to have a specific set of parts associated with only a specific model? I keep each LDraw model in it's own folder and would like each model to have it's own unique parts folder. A parts folder that only holds any extra parts that I am using with the model itself. Is there a way to do this?

Print this item

Any DAT file editors that let you view 1 line at a time?
Posted by: Mark Kennedy - 2013-08-20, 7:31 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

Are there any DAT file editors that let you view 1 line at a time similar to what the original LDraw's Ledit does? The problem with Ledit is it can't handle type 5 lines if you save the file it will turn them into type 5 lines.

Print this item

LDCad 1.2 Beta 1 (win+linux)
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2013-08-20, 1:44 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (7)

Hello all,

Proudly I would like to present the newest and hopefully greatest version of my LDCad application.

Major new features (compared to 1.1b)

• Flexible parts
  • Template system
  • Nested editing
  • (recursive) Grouping

And some minor new features:
  • Smoothing of parts
  • Up to 30% increase of rendering performance.
  • And of course many small improvements and bugfixes.

I also placed some screen recordings on Youtube which should help people get familier with the program more quickly.

Basic editing
This demonstrates the getting started editing basics.

More advanced editing
This introduces using non absolute grids and ortho view mode.

Pneumatic hose placement demo
This demonstrates placement of a pneumatic hose, it also indirectly (minimally) demonstrates the new nested editing mode.

If someone would like to see a clip of some particular activity feel free to ask.

You'll find all available versions at the usual place:
LDCad home page

Any questions and suggestions are welcome.

As usual a nice screen shot of this versions mascot model:
[Image: LDCadScrShot4b.png]

Also as an attachment to this post is the MPD for the above model (8837), which demonstrates you can see the generated pneumatic hoses in any decent LDraw renderer without needing additional parts etc.

This is possible because the flexible parts are (optionally) generated by deforming a donor (segment) LDraw file which is then inlined in the model using special submodels.

I've created some custom donor files for this purpose (pneumatic hose, pf electric wires and technic axle). These files are basicly dressed down versions of official files in order to keep the resulting type 1..5 lines count to a minimum while maintining high quality closed mesh parts.

I know there are many more similar parts people would like to place and 'bend', I will be working to add them in future versions. But this will take me quite some time. So if anyone is interested in helping making additional flexible part (template/donors), let me know and I'll setup some sort of reference document and/or tutorial clip. All this can be done using the 1.2 version it self no scripting/coding is needed it's all based on plain ldr files.

Attached Files
.mpd   8837.mpd (Size: 2.07 MB / Downloads: 1)
Print this item

PF Motors with cables attached
Posted by: Gerald Lasser - 2013-08-19, 22:42 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

Is there a naming convention for a "complete" Motor, i.e. with cable and plug?

LEGO shows PF-motors in their building instructions complete with cables. What would be the name of such a part? Or do you think it is better to use the PLI Substitution with an custom designed part (motor + LSYNTH cable + Plug)?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Gerald

Print this item

LSynth Parts with a fixed length?
Posted by: Gerald Lasser - 2013-08-19, 16:48 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

How can I gather the length of a synthisized part? i.e. to use only cables with a fixed length or the flex axles?

Could not find anything in neither Willi's tutorial or any other place

Thanks

Gerald

Print this item

Open MPD file
Posted by: Marcello Alloggio - 2013-08-18, 9:22 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (6)

Hello,

how can i open mpd files ? To be more specific, i added files to ldview, but i only see 1 picture. There supposed to be buildinginstructions with it, but there is only "step 1 (from 1).

Thank you,

Marcello

Print this item

Thumbs Up Part 92842 PROPELLER 3 BLADES M/Ø4,8
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2013-08-17, 11:38 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

Hi everybody.

Currently I try to build the set 4473 and now I am missing this propellor.

I have not yet looked into LDD for this part, so maybe someone can extract that part from there.
Just looked into LDD and yes, the part is there. So maybe someone can extract that part from there Smile.

Print this item