Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,053
» Latest member: Sanchez Francesca
» Forum threads: 5,509
» Forum posts: 47,383

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 507 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 502 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Jaco van der Molen
17 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 49
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
Yesterday, 18:40
» Replies: 0
» Views: 117
Request for 102735
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
Yesterday, 4:56
» Replies: 3
» Views: 162
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
Yesterday, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 89
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-04-22, 18:39
» Replies: 22
» Views: 35,518
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Last Post: Gerald Lasser
2024-04-21, 16:16
» Replies: 4
» Views: 481
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-21, 14:37
» Replies: 13
» Views: 3,256
LPub3D and highlight step
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Leszek
2024-04-21, 10:01
» Replies: 0
» Views: 94
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-20, 21:42
» Replies: 5
» Views: 603
Lego House - Lego Exclusi...
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-20, 17:21
» Replies: 2
» Views: 334

How to sync Windows MLCad and Mac LPub?
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-03-02, 0:30 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (3)

I am using MLCad on windows to design my train and LPub on Mac to create instruction, now I found myarts list on Bricksmith is not updated, I am not sure where I can download the newest parts list for Mac, so I want to merge parts list on Eindows to Mac, is this easy or possible?

Print this item

How to back to normal view in LPub created instructions?
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-03-01, 17:09 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (2)

I am using LPub with mpd to create instruction, I rotated parent at last step, but even if I insert rotation end or rotated again, the last view in instruction is not back to normal view? Why? How can back to norm view at last?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

How to solve errror in LDView?
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-03-01, 16:35 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (7)

When I run LDView to show my mod file, I got error as below, what can I do?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

BRIGL on Bricklink Problems
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2014-03-01, 7:31 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (3)

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=6216

If I look at the 3D model I think there is a lot missing. What causes this bad presentation?

Print this item

LEGO Digital Designer to LDraw
Posted by: Ahui Herrera - 2014-02-27, 2:53 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (3)

Hello all,

It's been 6+ years since I have used the LDraw System of Tools (LDraw parts library, MLCAD, LPub, MegaPov, Pov-Ray, etc..).
I just did a check of my old installation files and notice I am way out of date. Smile
Wow has time gone by and left me behind.
Is MegaPov still used by LPub to make LEGO like building instructions (ie. black outline on the rendered parts)?
Did anyone continue pioneering LDraw animations?
What happened to L3P and L3PAO? Is there a new tool to conver a .ldr to .pov file for rendering?
I feel like such a newbie now but those questions are not what brought me here.

I have a LEGO Digital Designer file (.lxf) that I download but was wondering if that file could be converted to .ldr some how in order to be viewed in LDView? I remember 10 years ago that LDView would allow you to rotate and slice the model if you wanted to. Not sure if this is still possible in LDView?

I did open the .lxf file in the LEGO Digital Designer software but quiet frankly that software looks even more foreign then LDraw did to me. Smile

Print this item

LDCad 1.3 (win+linux)
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2014-02-27, 1:17 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (16)

I just released the definitive 1.3 version of my LDCad.

At first I wanted to do another beta but during private testing I found it to be stable/complete enough to justify a definitive version.

Nog real big changes in this version, just bugfixes and two new minor features, namely:

• Selection information (demo youtube clip)
  • Optional XY camera rotation (as an alternative to the default trackball)

I've also added snap information to stacks of official parts, resulting in the 'sorted/bicks' and 'sorted/plates' part bin sub trees having full snap info.

No new examples, but I've been working on this one myself.

[Image: 1-3-ForumScrShot.png]

Latest version can be found at www.melkert.net/LDCad as usual. You can install it over any recent previous version.

Linux note:

With this version I moved from compiling on Unbuntu 10.04 to compiling on Kubuntu 12.04, this should fix most of the compatibility problems on e.g. suse etc.

Print this item

Sails...
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2014-02-26, 15:36 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (8)

I somehow succeeded to create shaped sails. My first try was for the Black Pearl:

Problem is that attachment of sails are slightly different, the sail I created fits only rear top position. It is not very difficult to create the other ones, but should I do that and submit them to PT? If so, what about file name (c0x I guess)/description?

Attached the sail (very rough, single sided, red edges, etc...)

Attached Files
.dat   BlackPearlBigSail.dat (Size: 110.64 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

Where to find PF trian mot dat file?
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-02-26, 14:49 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (9)

I am using MLCad v3.4 and I can't find PF train motor, though there is 9v train motor, where can I find that motor data file ?

Print this item

LDPatternCreator - Major Security Release 1.5.7
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2014-02-26, 2:04 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (19)

Hello,

after only two days: Here is an admin-rights-free and more user friendly LPC release!

If you are already using a version greater than 1.5.0 you cannot update your installation by clicking on "Help -> Install Updates" anymore.
Please download and install the latest release directly from sourceforge.net.

Change log:

New features:

• Improved security: Admin rights are no longer required!!
  • The internal updater was removed due to security concerns
  • Your configuration files are now stored under "[System Partition Letter]:\Users\[Your username]\App Data\Roaming\Nils Schmidt\LDPatternCreator"
  • Windows XP is no longer supported (I have no machine to test on it)
  • "Fast triangulation II": when "Add Trangle" is activated and no vertex was selected on click, a new vertex will be created for this triangle.

1. When CTRL is pressed "Add Triangle" will not abort on right mouse clicks (standard behaviour since 1.3.6)
    2. When CTRL is pressed "Fast triangulation" will not search for new edges near the cursor
    3. When SHIFT is pressed "Fast triangulation" will search for new edges near adjacent triangles from the last created triangle
  • The numbers shown on the x- and y-axis are more accurate

As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils

edit: Sorry, I had forgotten a few important things and had to do a little re-deployment Smile

Print this item

Small Animal Models
Posted by: Dimitri Dewaele - 2014-02-25, 15:14 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (1)

Are there models available of animals? (not to big)
Prefereable with instructions or ldraw models where I can add the instructions?
They would be used for small children to learn to build.

Print this item