[LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.0 (Undo/Redo Fix)

[LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.0 (Undo/Redo Fix)
Hello,

I wish you all a happy new year 2016!
Here is a little new years gift to start with great energy into the creation of new patterned parts for 2016... Wink

Download and install the latest LD Pattern Creator release directly from sourceforge.net.

Change log:

Fixed bug (fatal):
  • Undo/redo on files with groups/primitives leads to a corrupt data state which causes LPC to freeze or crash. The fatal root cause was hidden in the redo function. The bug exists since version 1.2.0 which was released five years ago... d'oh.

As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils
Re: [LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.0 (Undo/Redo Fix)
Hi Nils,

Maybe I should have posted this in the 1.5.9 thread instead.

1.)
I'm having trouble with the attached, self created template. After exporting my pattern, DatHeader and Edger2 finds t-junctions and co-linear triangles. It looks to me as if there has been extra triangles created in the export process.

How important is it that all vertices have exactly the same value in the template?
How important is the number of decimals?
I've converted it from a fully inlined set of primitives of the front face surface.
The inlined cyli doesn't give the same vertices as the inlined tori.

2.)
Why are all boxes ticked in the post-process meny?
What is the difference betwen LPC-Unificator and Unificator? Does it matter if both are ticked?

3.)
Why can't I minimize/maximize the main window by clicking on the icon in the Task bar, if the small image/view-prefs windows are open?

I haven't tested 1.6 yet, but I do think 1.5.9 is a lot better than the earlier versions.

Attached Files
.txt   3626 Head Front.txt (Size: 15.37 KB / Downloads: 2)
Templates / Post-Processing / Main Window (Window State)
Hi Magnus,

I will try to answer all your questions:

Magnus Forsberg Wrote:1.)
I'm having trouble with a self created template.
After exporting there are t-junctions and co-linear triangles.
It looks to me as if there has been extra triangles created in the export process.

The root cause for this issue is the automatic "slicing" of triangles. Unfortunately, there is no checkbox to disable this behaviour!
I created a ticket for this issue and will fix this soon with release 1.6.1. It is easy to fix. AFAIK LPC does not store the information which tool was activated for the post-processing (this is somewhat annoying). I should fix this issue, too.

How important is it that all vertices have exactly the same value in the template?
It is required that all vertices which are close to each other share the same value.

How important is the number of decimals?
It is up to your requirement. If need four decimals you should use four and so on...

Magnus Forsberg Wrote:2.)
Why are all boxes ticked in the post-process meny?
What is the difference betwen LPC-Unificator and Unificator? Does it matter if both are ticked?
Yes it does matter. The LPC-Unificator has more information of the exported pattern. It can merge vertices in 2D space before the projection in the 3D space is done. The classic Unificator tool is used only in 3D space.
However, LPC-Unificator has at least one known bug.
This bug will be fixed with release 1.6.1.

Magnus Forsberg Wrote:3.)
Why can't I minimize/maximize the main window by clicking on the icon in the Task bar?

I don't know. I can't reproduce it under Win 10. Which OS did you use?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »