Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,469
» Latest member: Ground
» Forum threads: 5,680
» Forum posts: 48,570

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 228 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 223 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, Jose Alfonso

Latest Threads
[LDPE] 1.8.89 Released (b...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
17 minutes ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 195
LDView 4.5 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Travis Cobbs
22 minutes ago
» Replies: 34
» Views: 8,439
Town and Trains 1993
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
1 hour ago
» Replies: 32
» Views: 19,085
Flag 2 x 2 with Blue and ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Eugen
4 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 135
LeoCad M1 Support
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Today, 2:04
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,812
Technic 2024
Last Post: MING YING CAI
Today, 0:51
» Replies: 26
» Views: 16,405
Looking for a simple (fre...
Forum: Off-Topic
Yesterday, 6:04
» Replies: 5
» Views: 11,741
FreeStyle 1995-1998
Yesterday, 4:51
» Replies: 5
» Views: 263
Datsville
Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations)
Yesterday, 2:35
» Replies: 54
» Views: 94,068
Milky Way Magic Chest 199...
2024-10-05, 23:52
» Replies: 2
» Views: 192

How to stretch rubber bands after they are inserted
Posted by: Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2011-12-06, 16:55 - Forum: Help - Replies (3)

I am building the 5763 Dune Hopper.

In step 16, it says to insert a rubber band like so:
[Image: E8QIG.png]

Then in step 20, it says to stretch the rubber band like so:
[Image: FDIPG.png]

Creating the rubber bands themselves shouldn't be a problem, I can just use LSynth. The problem arises when I need to stretch the rubber bands.

As far as I can tell, there is no provision for modifying or removing parts already in a model.

My first thought was to simply insert the rubber bands for the first time in step 20, but if you were to build this model with real legos, inserting them in step 20 would be impossible because they are attached to 4623 ("Plate 1 x 2 with Arm") which has a plate at the top of the arm, thus making the closed loop of the rubber band inside the closed loop formed by the bricks... it can't simply be slipped in.

What is the proper way of accomplishing this?

Also... How do we remove parts from steps in general. If my memory serves from helping a friend build the 8053 Mobile Crane it requires you to build an assembly to place on the axles of the vehicle while building the transmission to ensure that the wheels are all aligned while you assemble the transmission, and then remove the wheel-alignment assembly, and re-use those parts later. It would be easy enough to simply ignore the assembly entirely as it is not part of the final model, but I believe people should be able to build a real-lego model from the steps in the models in the OMR the same exact way as if they were following the actual instruction booklet.

Print this item

Lost ability to post New Topic in Announcements
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2011-12-06, 16:08 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (5)

The subject says it all, although I can reply to existing threads.

Print this item

Thumbs Up Windscreen, Motorcycle Windshield
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2011-12-06, 15:40 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

Would be nice if somebody could do this part:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=bb57&in=S

There is also a pattern version :http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=bb57pb01

Thanks to anybody who does this part

Print this item

SR 3D Builder 0.6.0.9
Posted by: Sergio Reano - 2011-12-06, 9:48 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

Hi everybody,

another updated version of my application is now available.
http://sr3dbuilder.altervista.org/

Nothing really new, just a bunch of significant fixes.
Here is a list of changes:

Fixed
- On a fresh installation the creation of a folder with a wrong name does not let the application start
- The "pin long with friction" part has problem in rotations and animations
- Closing the application with the "X" cause the application to crash
- Editing a model with assemblies and adding new ones cause wrong assemblies identifiers
- Occasionally some subparts fails to load from a previously saved model
- Importing a model cause main model name override

Changed
- Linear actuators now move with in more natural way

Added
- <CTRL-F> shortcut to put the cursor in the Search text box
- Location and resizing mode of the toolbox are now saved and restored on application startup
- Updated part list availability (december 2, 2012)

Enjoy

Sergio

Print this item

Thumbs Up Missing two part yet
Posted by: Oh-Seong KWON - 2011-12-06, 1:43 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

Hi,

These parts was produced over 10 years ago, but I can't find these in MLCAD part library.

http://peeron.com/inv/parts/973px71

http://peeron.com/inv/parts/3626bpx34

Let me know where it is or somebody author it as soon as possible, please.

KWON

Print this item

50746 or 54200
Posted by: Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2011-12-06, 0:05 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (1)

Not sure where to post this.

In the 5763 Dune Hopper (scroll to the bottom) it says 50746 in the parts catalog, but the peeron description of that part is "~ Use 54200"

Which one do I use. 50746 is (reportedly, I don't own it) the part number used in the actual piece in the actual set, but someone somewhere (not sure who or where) says to use 54200.

From 50746.dat:

Code:
0 Slope Brick 31  1 x  1 x   2/3
0 !HELP Part 50746 is the counterpart of 54200. Visually, the two parts seem
0 !HELP identical. This file is provided to make it easier to locate part files
0 !HELP when using the numbers from other sources.
0 !HELP 54200 is used for moulding opaque parts, 50746 for transparent parts.

From 54200.dat:
Code:
0 Slope Brick 31  1 x  1 x   2/3

They both have the same part name. Peeron says the set contains 50746, but it is light bluish gray... not transparent.

So far, I'm leaning towards 54200 because of the !HELP lines, but I'd like an official word here since peeron contradicts itself.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I had written dark bluish gray, its actually light bluish gray.

Print this item

LDraw vs. LDD: 8 - 3
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2011-12-05, 9:47 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (3)

In the recent TechnicBricks challenge (reverse engineer a 2012 Technic model and produce a CAD model), 8 out of 11 submissions were made with LDraw! LDD was hampered with a big problem: the 3711 chain link (a key element in the model) is missing in the latest release...
In the LDraw camp, I was surprised to see that "only" two models were created with SR3D builder, despite the many odd angles of this building...

Print this item

Part 87580 Naming
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-12-05, 4:51 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (5)

Why is part 87580 called Tile 2 x 2 with Groove and 1 Stud? I feel it should be Plate 2 x 2 with 1 Stud to be consistent with Plate 1 x 2 with 1 Stud.

Print this item

LEGO bike head badge
Posted by: Jim DeVona - 2011-12-04, 20:24 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (3)

I've posted this before elsewhere, but I thought this crowd might like it too. Using SketchUp I designed a 4x6 brick with a smooth concave back as a head badge for my commuter bike, and had it printed by Shapeways. It's not perfectly compatible with LEGO - fit is a little loose, unless a regular 4x6 plate is attached, as shown below - but not bad for a first try.

[Image: 6141809419_32152f1628_z.jpg]

Anybody have similar hood ornaments, etc.?

Print this item

Leading or trailing white space characters in file names
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2011-12-04, 16:30 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (51)

Since the whitespace is out of the door I'd like resume this:

Travis Cobbs Wrote:In addition to the above, I also feel we should codify MLCad's behavior, since it appears to be the de-facto standard. This can be done by adding the following sentence to the end of that paragraph in the spec:

Proposed LDraw Specification Addition Wrote:Furthermore, filenames must not contain leading or trailing white space characters.

However, if there's any disagreement about the above at all, then I think we should vote on the first two changes immediately, and temporarily table discussion of leading and trailing whitespace in the same way I'm proposing we temporarily table discussion of Roland's point.

Print this item