Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,470
» Latest member: Tilleul
» Forum threads: 5,680
» Forum posts: 48,572

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 282 online users.
» 8 Member(s) | 271 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Yandex, Eugen, Marc Belanger, Mark Kennedy, Orion Pobursky, Shawnqho

Latest Threads
TEXMAP addition to Offici...
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Eugen
Less than 1 minute ago
» Replies: 20
» Views: 18,576
LDView 4.5 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
29 minutes ago
» Replies: 35
» Views: 8,452
[LDPE] 1.8.89 Released (b...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 201
Town and Trains 1993
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
3 hours ago
» Replies: 32
» Views: 19,097
Flag 2 x 2 with Blue and ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
5 hours ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 141
LeoCad M1 Support
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Today, 2:04
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,812
Technic 2024
Last Post: MING YING CAI
Today, 0:51
» Replies: 26
» Views: 16,415
Looking for a simple (fre...
Forum: Off-Topic
Yesterday, 6:04
» Replies: 5
» Views: 11,741
FreeStyle 1995-1998
Yesterday, 4:51
» Replies: 5
» Views: 271
Datsville
Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations)
Yesterday, 2:35
» Replies: 54
» Views: 94,069

Re-centering model (in Bricksmith)
Posted by: Ramón Figueroa-Centeno - 2011-12-03, 22:50 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (10)

Aloha,

Is there any way that I can change the origin's coordinates in Bricksmith (or somewhere else)? I have models whose origin is nowhere near where I would like it, so it makes it hard to, for example, rotate them. It would be nice if one could see the coordinate axes and one could manually drag the model relative to them.

Mahalo,

Ramón

Print this item

LDView current version
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2011-12-03, 19:34 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

I want to ask, if Version 4.1 of LDView is still the officially current one. - This one has today its second anniversary.....
Will there be a next version?

Print this item

LDraw.org Forum Usage Guidelines and Administrator Policies
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-12-03, 14:47 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (1)

LDraw.org Forum Usage Guidelines and Administrator Policies

Every forum needs rules in order to maintain some semblance of civility. We try to keep them to a minmum as to encourage the free flow of ideas. These have been around for a while and a link has been posted on the sign up page since August. They have recently been added to so everyone please read. If you ever want to reference them in the future, there is a link at the bottom of every page.

Posts like this are a trend. In an effort to remain as transparent as possible, anytime we change, add, or delete something from these guidelines/policies, we will post a notice like this. Additionally, future posts will quote exactly what changed, including the text before and after the change as appropriate. Since this is the first post of this type, a simple link to the page is sufficient for now.

Print this item

Spaces in filenames no longer discouraged
Posted by: Travis Cobbs - 2011-12-03, 2:43 - Forum: Standards Board - No Replies

As detailed here, the LSC voted to remove the text discouraging spaces in LDraw filenames. The LDraw specification has now been updated accordingly.

Print this item

LDCad 1.0 Beta 2 available (incl Linux version)
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2011-12-03, 1:02 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (14)

Hi all,

2nd beta of my editor is available at

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad

Some fixes (Improved stability, file handling), Some user friendliness improvements and a couple of new dialogs I kinda forgot to add in beta 1 (grid stepping management and LDRaw config file location management).

The biggest addition by far is Linux support. For now it's 32 bit only and some what experimental (distro wise, the application itself has the exact same features as the windows version).

The Linux binary should have very little decencies and runs on 'out of the box' Ubuntu 9.04 and 11.10 (these I test with, everything in between should work too).

Any recent distro should work as long GTK 2.x (Gnome) is available

I'm very interested to know if en on what people can get it to run, so please let me know ether here or directly.

When the application runs it seem to run very well, I edited the 5550 model using the Windows version for the first half and the Linux version for the second half (can you guess where I switched Wink ).

ps: The site itself isn't completely up-to-date yet, I'll fix that this weekend though.

Print this item

LDraw App for iOS
Posted by: Renaud Breard - 2011-12-02, 20:10 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (17)

Hello,
My application for iOS (iPad and iPhone running iOS 5 or newer) is in AppStore today. It's a very basic application now, you can view a ldraw file full and step by step. It's called brickView. Files can be loaded from "iTunes files sharing" or from other application (ex : mail, dropbox ...), from safari I have some issues that depend how the web server send the file.
brickView is a free App, development is not my job, and development of brickView is just a hobby. I have developed it because I want to view my ldraw models on my iPad, but there is not app until now for that.
I hope that you have fun with brickView if you try it...

Renaud

Print this item

Admin question
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-12-02, 18:49 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (1)

Admin here,

Would it help you guys if I enable the poll module for your forum? Or would you rather stick with the current system of replies?

Print this item

Call For Votes: Spaces in filenames
Posted by: Travis Cobbs - 2011-12-02, 17:30 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (7)

Please vote on the proposal below. Please modify the Subject to include your name and vote, in addition to giving your vote in the text.

Update the LDraw File Format 1.0.0 document in the following two ways:
  1. Remove the following sentence from the File Name portion of the LDraw Files section:
    Quote:For reasons of cross-platform and cross-(programming) language portability, the use of white space characters (such as space and tab) in filenames is strongly discouraged.

2. Update the sentence immediately following the above to read as follows:
    Quote:Special characters, such as &, #, |, and ?, should be avoided as they may also cause cross-platform issues and create problems when used in URLs.
    Note: the only change to the existing sentence is the removal of the word "Other" from the beginning, and the capitalization of "Special".

Print this item

Use [quote] by default
Posted by: Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2011-12-02, 6:30 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (2)

When using
[Image: comment_add.png]Quote
I would prefer the system to default to using

[quote=person]
stuff
[/quote]

instead of

person Wrote
====================
> stuff

because [quote] preserves bbcode whereas the current method makes no guarantee (see this post and others).

Also, reformatting is rather tedious, if you want to quote just a portion of the text, each line could potentially need to be modified in order to justify the text, and any text decorations are applied as they are not intended to be:
> this text has
> emphasis
blah blah...

Using [quote] would require less work for posters wishing to quote specially formatted text, and

Jean-Philippe Wrote:
Jean-Philippe Wrote:Personally, I think it looks better, wouldn't you agree?
Why yes, I would. (They can also be easily nested.)

IMHO having an extra newline after my bolded name would be nice though, just a picky stylistic thing.

Print this item

LDView problem on Ubuntu 11.10
Posted by: Seth - 2011-12-02, 2:06 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (7)

When I try to set the LDraw dir in LDView the file dialog pops up for half a second, then LDView closes. I have reinstalled the .deb package several times and a still get this problem. What do I do? In my mind LDView is the best viewer out there I need to get it up and running. I tried using the built in function to download the parts library, but when the file dialog for that pops up, LDView still crashes. :-(

Print this item