Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,031
» Latest member: dmjoule
» Forum threads: 5,501
» Forum posts: 47,348

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 624 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 618 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google, Yandex, Travis Cobbs

Latest Threads
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Roland Melkert
4 hours ago
» Replies: 39
» Views: 2,185
Studio Connectivity Data
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
4 hours ago
» Replies: 22
» Views: 7,580
Creator 2023
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
5 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 52
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
6 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 60
Calculate the individual ...
Forum: Off-Topic
Last Post: Manfred Schaefer
7 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 285
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
10 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 2,408
Part request: 18392pb04 -...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Anthony
Yesterday, 8:06
» Replies: 0
» Views: 43
Parts 2310 and 3386 in LP...
Forum: Help Wanted
Last Post: Johann Eisner
2024-04-17, 18:56
» Replies: 1
» Views: 473
Technic 2024
Last Post: MING YING CAI
2024-04-17, 0:47
» Replies: 10
» Views: 10,139
Technic 2023
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
2024-04-15, 19:35
» Replies: 11
» Views: 13,527

Downloading individual official library parts?
Posted by: Mark Kennedy - 2013-07-27, 17:55 - Forum: Help - Replies (2)

Is there anywhere that individual parts can be downloaded from the official library? For example if you accidently overwrite your old one.

Print this item

Component file missing from latest part update.
Posted by: Ahmed Elhassan - 2013-07-27, 7:16 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (8)

I recently downloaded and added the new and updated parts in the latest part update. Later when I opened one of my active LDraw projects to continue working on it I got this error message:

File Stg3-1x3.dat not found!

It seems that part #4625, Hinge Tile 1 x 4 was modified and now calls for a file called stug3-1x3.dat, but that dat file is missing. Incase the file was lost somehow when I updated the parts library, I decided to temporarily move my existing LDraw installation to my desktop and install another copy of the pre-update version. I did so and searched for the file called for using the built-in search function of Windows 8. There is no file by that name anywhere in any of LDraw's folder/file structure.

Perhaps someone forgot to include the needed stug file...

Print this item

MLCad.ini 2013-01 Update Now Available
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2013-07-26, 9:27 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - No Replies

Hi folks,

I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts
update 2013-01. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available
in MLCad's minifigure generator.

Download the file from my website: http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/mlcad_ini-en.html

A direct download is available at: http://www.holly-wood.it/files/mlcad/MLCad.ini

Bye, w.

Print this item

Thumbs Up Small, hopefully simple request
Posted by: Steve Chisnall - 2013-07-25, 13:21 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

I've got (unofficial, admittedly) DATs all six racing car number sloped bricks angled 33 degrees, and the 45 degree matching bricks for all the numberes 1 through 6, EXCEPT number 4.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/GrapeA...wparts.jpg
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3039px38 is missing.
Can someone help me to fill this gap in, please?

Print this item

Problems with Ldview and Lpub
Posted by: Petter Lerdahl - 2013-07-23, 18:50 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (28)

I have downloaded a model from internet (around 272KB) Its a Lego Technic NXT model.
First i get an subfile error on x538c01.dat i LDview. Then it shows up. But to use the program is terrible slow.
In LPub it takes up to 5-10 min before anything shows up.
I wonder what type of "super" computer i need if not a 3,2Ghz Intel quadcore CPU 12 GB ram running on windows 7 64bit can do it.
I also tied other computers but with different results. From error from visual C++ libary form LDview to slow computer.
But those had only 4GB ram but a 3 and 2 Ghz cpu.

If i do anything in Lpub it moves ok but when finished with the move the computer tinking in 5-10 sek before i can do anything again.
I also tried to find what type of part the x538c01.dat is but have not ben able to identify it.

Print this item

http://www.brickset.com/
Posted by: Fyodor Kolov - 2013-07-23, 9:37 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

http://www.brickset.com/
Who can tell. Pictures of the items on this site look 3d. How do they get them?

Print this item

Thumbs Up Part 98136 (Mini Snake W/Ø3.2 Shaft)
Posted by: Nicola - 2013-07-23, 8:23 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Anyone working on this? If it's avaiable on LDD, i could do with the extracted part.. Thanks!

[Image: 4652568.jpg]

Print this item

Strange (buggy?) behaviour in LDView BFC system
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2013-07-23, 5:16 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (5)

Hi Travis,

I discovered today (after much tearing out of hair) that BFC red+green does not work when lighting is turned off[1]. Basically, the part is returned to its default colour if you switch off lighting, regardless of what is set in the BFC options.

It seems to me that these two options should not be related like that, and that BFC should work regardless. Not sure if this is a bug, or just a quirk, but it would probably be nice to see either a decoupling, or a warning.

Tim

[1] In 4.1 and 4.2b1

Print this item

Micro ball and socket parts
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2013-07-22, 23:50 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (41)

Hi all,

[Image: 9345659494_c87bf58fbe.jpg]
Tiny ball joints. by Genghis Don, on Flickr

I'm so excited about the new ball and socket parts I made them for LDraw today so LDraw users can started with them early.

[Image: 9347977958_0896fa274f.jpg]
Ball and socket by gambort, on Flickr

Tim

Attached Files
.dat   sock1.dat (Size: 4.13 KB / Downloads: 14)
.dat   ball1.dat (Size: 356 bytes / Downloads: 10)
.dat   PlateSS.dat (Size: 974 bytes / Downloads: 5)
.dat   PlateSB.dat (Size: 734 bytes / Downloads: 3)
.dat   PlateS.dat (Size: 635 bytes / Downloads: 4)
Print this item

Issues with parts/wedges with 45* angles
Posted by: Jude Parrill - 2013-07-22, 8:41 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (1)

So, as I was finishing up my work on 14413.dat (4 x 4 faceted brick), I decided to compare it with other parts with 45 degree angled sides to see how the castlated sections on the bottoms (e.g. stud holes). I started off comparing it with other facets and as I expected, they were the same (not really a surprise since my part was based off these parts).

Then, I decided to compare it to the 3x3 Brick w/o Corner (30505). Things were slighly different, but just noticably. Next I looked at plates (3x3, 4x4 6x6, 8x8, 10x10 w/o Corners). With the exception of the 4x4 (which I'll explain in a second), these were all different, with a slightly wider gap. Upon further inspection, these used a primitive called ribt45, which, as far as I can tell, is the only primitive out there related to 45 degree angled parts. Now, the 4x4 was the exception, as it was entirely hand-drawn (it used absolutely no primitives) and had castlations like the faceted parts. Now, as far as I can tell, those parts using the ribt45 subpart (which are slightly wider) provide better clearance for the stud than the hand-drawn ones, which typically just nip the stud (but only when really zoomed in).

Oh, and regarding 30505, I eventually discovered that it was a combination of the faceted style on one side and ribt45 on the other. It was definately the oddball and the only part like this out there.

Confused yet? There's more. I then looked at 43708 (Slope Brick 18 4x4 Corner), which, mind you, is an absolute masterpiece of a part (I looked through a good portion of it... wow!). It's castlations are even farther apart than those using ribt45 (although, in my opinion, a little too far apart).

Then I looked at 87421 (Panel 3 x 3 x 6 Wall Corner without Bottom Indentations), which is different still from everything else, but closest to 43708 (but just ever so slighly narrower). Oh, and this is different from the previous version of this part (2345 - Panel 3 x 3 x 6 Wall Corner), which is like the parts that use ribt45 (except it doesn't use ribt45).

So yeah, I'd like to adhere to the "standard", but from what I can tell, there isn't any. The ribt45 seems like a great start for creation a standard, but that part is only useful for plates, and even there only when it's shaped like a "T". I'd be willing to take on the job of working on a lot of these parts if we could create and agree on some sort of standard for this. Now, I suppose there's the real possibility that these parts really ARE different in real life, but I tend to doubt it, since these differents are quite small (they're really only noticable when zoomed in really close). I don't know, maybe I'm just being anal. But isn't that one of the main requirements for being a part author/reviewer? Smile

Print this item