Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,054
» Latest member: Sandro
» Forum threads: 5,509
» Forum posts: 47,390

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 503 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 498 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
1 hour ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 116
Super Heroes sets
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
4 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,145
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
6 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 3,324
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
Yesterday, 18:40
» Replies: 0
» Views: 150
Request for 102735
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
Yesterday, 4:56
» Replies: 3
» Views: 176
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
Yesterday, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 131
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-04-22, 18:39
» Replies: 22
» Views: 35,525
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Last Post: Gerald Lasser
2024-04-21, 16:16
» Replies: 4
» Views: 632
LPub3D and highlight step
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Leszek
2024-04-21, 10:01
» Replies: 0
» Views: 97
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-20, 21:42
» Replies: 5
» Views: 626

part 15926 (eye ball)
Posted by: Nicola - 2014-07-07, 20:44 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (24)

Hello, is this part available anywhere? Or could you suggest a similar part to use?

Thanks

Print this item

Brick underside naming scheme
Posted by: Stephan Meisinger - 2014-07-06, 21:53 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (2)

Because it was pointed out, we have to agree on a scheme for the different underside variants. I want to discuss this here instead in the part tracker for a specific part:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../3245c.dat

some examples
-> description if there are variants available (stuff in brackets only optional if needed) * for currently used variant

3678a, 772, 3066
-> with Hollow Bottom
-> without (Centre) Bottom Stud(s)*

3794a, 3023, 3245a
-> with Bottom Stud(s)
-> with Bottom Cylinder(s)
-> with Closed Bottom Tube(s)

3678b, 3049a
-> with (Centre) Bottom Tube(s)*
-> with (Centre) Open Bottom Tube(s)

3245b
-> with Inside Axle Holder*
-> with Bottom Axle Holder

4460a (on the right: http://i59.tinypic.com/20rl0r7.jpg )
-> with Bottom Triangular Brackets
-> with Bottom Triangular Inverted Stud(s)

15573 (on the left: http://i59.tinypic.com/20rl0r7.jpg )
-> with Bottom Triangular Based Brackets
-> with Bottom Triangular Based Inverted Stud(s)
-> without Understud*

not created atm (in the middle: http://i59.tinypic.com/20rl0r7.jpg )
-> with Bottom Teeth Brackets
-> with Bottom Teeth Inverted Stud(s)

Imho the last three shouldn't be created if any other version already exists for a specific part. But if one is created one should be picked which is available for the part. So 15573 with "Teeth Brackets" or "Triangular Brackets" would be invalid (at the moment)

All are just suggestions - but I hope we can agree on some wording.

Print this item

Rendering instructions, old-style
Posted by: Luc Miron - 2014-07-06, 14:45 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (7)

Greetings. :-)

This is my first post on these forums, so hello to you all. I'm about to start studying LDraw, SR 3D Builder, and everything else that I need to learn about, in order to produce custom Lego instructions. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all these tools are going to work properly under Windows 8.1...

I have a sort of introductory question, as someone who is completely new to all this. I see that there are some very nice rendering tools to create instructions, but is there a particular tool among them that allows configurable old-style rendering? My definition of "old-style rendering" is:

- All studs with black sides regardless of the brick color
- Black pieces rendered in different shades of dark grey depending on the surface angle (like it's done in the official Blacktron and Blacktron II Lego instructions) except for tires where the surface color is pure black with white outlines.

As you can guess, I would like to create instructions that look "authentic" in an old-style kind of way. If not, I guess I'll have to make due without it... Sorry if that has been discussed before, although I did search for it and found nothing.

Thanks in advance for any tips and/or general information on this topic.

Print this item

Summing matrices
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2014-07-04, 1:16 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (8)

I have model A contained within model B contained in model C. How do I determine the position of model A relative to model C's coordinate system? I know that the XYZ coordinates can simply be added. But what about rotation? Thanks!

Print this item

Help with lego sea kayak design ?
Posted by: benbrown02 - 2014-07-03, 20:17 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (1)

Good evening all, iam try to create a lego sea kayak I have tried in cad and in brick and struggling to the desired affect or shape . Hope some May gave come across a design or knowledge enough to give he a hand to achieve this I have attached a picture of a sea kayak to give an very rough idea as there are millions of variation . Many thanks in advance

Ben

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

LPub - Controlling camera
Posted by: mightyseek - 2014-07-02, 16:05 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (2)

I created a model in LeoCAD, but when I render the instructions using LPub 4.0.0.14 some of the views of the assembled model are hard to follow because of the camera angle. For example the new pieces are hidden behind existing ones. If I could adjust the camera angle, I could solve this, but I have not been able to figure out how to do this.
Are there entries I can make in the dat file or some extra ini file?

Thanks for your help!

Dan

Print this item

LDCad move sub-model to model
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2014-07-02, 14:21 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (20)

I vaguely remember this being possible in LDCad. I have minifig A contained in building model B contained in town model C. How do I move minifig A directly to town model C while retaining its original position and orientation?

Thanks.

Print this item

LDCad lost colors
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2014-07-02, 13:29 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (4)

Today I opened some MPD files but they are totally gray.

[Image: th_ldcad_help_01_zpsfae76b1c.png]

Did I make a mistake somewhere?

Thanks!

Print this item

Recommendation for future updates
Posted by: Nathanel Titane - 2014-07-01, 21:33 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (4)

Might be interesting to add an 'unofficial' (unofficial/p /parts /parts/s) directory under ldraw to enable users to dump the unofficial required parts for their projects, and have them use the MLCad.ini path walk for scanning parts, makes for a cleaner integration of the parts without messing with the official library.

Thoughts?

Print this item

Torso Town Trucker Logo Pattern
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2014-06-29, 11:22 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (6)

several times used pattern from the late '80s and early '90s (7-12 sets, depends how you count):

Torso Town Trucker Logo Pattern

Would complete several (classic) town set.

Thanks to anyone, who takes it on.

Print this item