Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,053
» Latest member: Sanchez Francesca
» Forum threads: 5,509
» Forum posts: 47,388

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 535 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 529 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, Helge, Rene Rechthaler

Latest Threads
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
19 minutes ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 67
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
1 hour ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 3,283
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
Yesterday, 18:40
» Replies: 0
» Views: 130
Request for 102735
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
Yesterday, 4:56
» Replies: 3
» Views: 164
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
Yesterday, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 120
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-04-22, 18:39
» Replies: 22
» Views: 35,520
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Last Post: Gerald Lasser
2024-04-21, 16:16
» Replies: 4
» Views: 488
LPub3D and highlight step
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Leszek
2024-04-21, 10:01
» Replies: 0
» Views: 94
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-20, 21:42
» Replies: 5
» Views: 609
Lego House - Lego Exclusi...
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-20, 17:21
» Replies: 2
» Views: 341

Part tracker stickers summary
Posted by: Damien Roux - 2014-06-16, 19:33 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (2)

Hi there,

Don't know if it would be feasable, but what about duplicating the pattern part summary functionnality to the stickers?

It would easily allow to have an overview of what has been done and what is left for each sticker sheet.

What do you think of that ?

Print this item

Converting lpub tagged ldr files to a single mpd
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2014-06-15, 18:10 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (1)

I generally prefer to create my LPub building instructions from a collection of ldr files in the same folder (it's easier to find the right place to edit), but now I'd like to convert them into a single mpd file for distribution. Problem, the mpd (built with MPDCenter or MPDwizard) doesn't render correctly in LPub (pagination issues, callout converted back to simple submodels, page format modified from landscape to portrait and so on). Is this a known problem? how to solve it (I'd hate to have to scan and correct all pages again!)

Print this item

Transparent direct colors
Posted by: Santeri Piippo - 2014-06-14, 6:03 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (4)

I just wrote support for direct colors in LDForge and took to check the official specs again. It seems the specs only have the 0x2RRGGBB (opaque) form of direct colors but leaves the 0x3RRGGBB (transparent) form out? Didn't transparent direct colors become official as well? I know we had some more forms on the table which were dismissed as unnecessary but I thought the transparent ones were included...

http://www.ldraw.org/article/218.html#colours

Print this item

Minifig walking animation?
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2014-06-11, 1:04 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (1)

Are there any good tools to make walking animations with? Preferably with little work needed on my part?

I have been using this:

http://brickfilms.com/topic/ldraw-minifi...or-povray/

But it is very outdated. It still uses code from L3P 1.3, and doesn't recognize many newer minifig parts.

Thanks.

Print this item

Time to say goodbye
Posted by: Max Martin Richter - 2014-06-10, 16:49 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (13)

Dear friends,
I will be offline for the next 3 or 4 months. No, it's not because of the community, it's a much better reason.
Since today I'm graduated and that means for me, that I can start my last big cycletrip. I have planned to cycle around the Baltic sea... :-)
I wish all of you all the best and hope to see you again when the Summer is over.

/Max

Print this item

Not All Parts from LDD Viewable in LDView
Posted by: Jacob McCarthy - 2014-05-30, 16:08 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (5)

Hello LDraw.org Community,

So I've been using LEGO Digital Designer-LDD (since I have a Mac and do not wish to emulate a Windows OS on my system). I've been modeling a few simple basic things in there. Then I export out the .ldr file(s) so that I can view them in LDView-LDV.

The problem is, not all the LEGO parts from LDD can be seen in LDV. Namely in this example, the roof of the police car. I've noticed that this happens with a few other parts as well (like the top of treasure chests).

I was curious if this is a known issue and/or if there is a fix.

I've tried both LDVv4.2 and LDVv4.1 and the problem exists in both versions of the software.

If there is anything that community can do to help, please let me know.

Attached are screen shots from both LDD and LDV.

Best,
Jake

The LDD View: [Image: ScreenShot2014-05-30at90036AM_zps5b655f46.png]
The LDD View shows the roof.

The LDV View: [Image: ScreenShot2014-05-30at90026AM_zps2a07f884.png]
The LDV View doesn't show the roof, but all the other pieces as if the roof was there.

The Part in Question: Piece No. 4646574 White Transportation Means, Vehicles Roof 4x6x2/3
[Image: ScreenShot2014-05-30at91008AM_zps57761e8e.png]
Here is the piece in question.

Print this item

Exporting from LDraw to Sketchfab
Posted by: Sketchfab team - 2014-05-27, 9:50 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (6)

Hi all,

we're seeing quite an uptake in the number of Lego models that are being posted on Sketchfab:

https://sketchfab.com/models?q=lego

(Of course, running a Lego-themed contest helped, too ;-)

This made me wonder if it's possible to export from LDraw or related tools to some file format that we support.

Would anyone be interested in lending me a hand and investigate this?

Thanks!

Bart
Community Manager Sketchfab

Print this item

11767 // 11140 fly wheel Lego Chima: uploaded
Posted by: Ingolf Weisheit - 2014-05-26, 21:30 - Forum: Parts Authoring - No Replies

Hi,

I just uploaded 11767 and a number of parts/subparts Smile

Comments are welcome.

Ingolf

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

am I really the only one confused by this?
Posted by: John Antkowiak - 2014-05-25, 16:28 - Forum: Help - Replies (5)

Hi! I'm a new user with next to no prior CAD experience, but with some ESRI GIS map-making background. I can see that LDraw uses a powerful and versatile suite of tools - very impressive!

However... ummm... it's my technical manual writing experience behind this question...

From where I stand now, at the bottom of a huge learning curve, I have to point out the huge pot-hole awaiting first-time users right out of the gate. By walking you through it instead of just blurting it out, I hope someone who's in a position to make an improvement will see why it might be helpful to do that.

I opened the Help page to get familiar with the environment. I intended to open the program to follow along. Here's what the Introduction section says about that:

"When you run LDView, it will open its main window and immediately present you with an open file dialog (assuming you didn't specify a file as part of the launch process). Select the LDraw .ldr, .dat, or .mpd file you want to view."

These forums and the first build tutorials are equally silent on the same critical (dare I say obvious?) detail. Being a first-time user, I have no .ldr, .dat, or .mpd files to select. There are of course the three .ldr files in the LDraw directory:

LDConfig.ldr
LDConfig_TLG.ldr
LDCfgalt.ldr

But since I don't know and can't guess what those files are for, I doubt they're meant to be monkeyed with by inexperienced users. So the $64,000 question is:

How does one create a new project file?

And, FYI, the place to explain this to new users is the same place to explain the difference between the file extensions - the Introduction section of the Help page (or, somewhere up front in whatever place new users are meant to start learning). I've since gotten the answer on this forum, but it would be courteous not to make new users hunt for it...

Anyway, thanks! I'm excited to see my design coming to life : )

Print this item

3183b Plate, Modified 1 x 4 with Towball Socket, Long, 4 Slots
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2014-05-25, 12:50 - Forum: Part Requests - No Replies

3183 Plate, Modified 1 x 4 with Towball Socket has two versions
with different numbers of slots:

3183a,2 Slots
this version is already in the library

3183b,4 Slots
this one is still needed

Thanks to anyone, who creates the missing one.

Print this item