Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,031
» Latest member: dmjoule
» Forum threads: 5,501
» Forum posts: 47,348

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 601 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 596 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, linghank

Latest Threads
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Roland Melkert
5 hours ago
» Replies: 39
» Views: 2,186
Studio Connectivity Data
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
5 hours ago
» Replies: 22
» Views: 7,588
Creator 2023
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
6 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 56
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
7 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 61
Calculate the individual ...
Forum: Off-Topic
Last Post: Manfred Schaefer
8 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 286
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
10 hours ago
» Replies: 11
» Views: 2,415
Part request: 18392pb04 -...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Anthony
Yesterday, 8:06
» Replies: 0
» Views: 47
Parts 2310 and 3386 in LP...
Forum: Help Wanted
Last Post: Johann Eisner
2024-04-17, 18:56
» Replies: 1
» Views: 474
Technic 2024
Last Post: MING YING CAI
2024-04-17, 0:47
» Replies: 10
» Views: 10,140
Technic 2023
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
2024-04-15, 19:35
» Replies: 11
» Views: 13,529

LDCad 1.5 Beta 1b (win+linux)
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2015-10-25, 19:38 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (46)

LDCad 1.5 Beta 1a 1b is now available.

Now new features (hence the 'a'), I've mostly fixed a stability issues and restored some features which stopped working due to all the internal changes made for the source window.

Hopefully this version restores the 1.4b stability while adding the full 1.5 feature set.

This version also includes new snap info for many parts, I've updated all '100% info' bin groups in regards of the 2015-01 LDraw update.

It also includes snap info files donated by Philippe Hurbain, Milan Vančura and Jason McReynolds. Thanks to all

For beta 2 I'm hoping to add some minor useful features, I'm thinking about model duplication with an optional mirroring feature (only a dumb positional flip for now). And maybe a similar flipping feature for selections. If anyone has additional (simple) feature requests let me know.

As always the latest version is at:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/download

I've also been working on the definitive 1.5 mascot, but it isn't ready yet. Can you guess which model it is Smile

edit: I've uploaded 1.5 Beta 1b it addresses a potentially very annoying bug concerning file reloading.

Print this item

MPDCenter Update to 2.3.6.0
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2015-10-25, 16:25 - Forum: All Other Programs. - No Replies

Today I have uploaded the update of MPDCenter to my webside that works also with LDCad commands.
Please visit and give some feedback to me.

Thanks

MPDCenter webside

Print this item

LICreator - Part grouping
Posted by: Jarema - 2015-10-24, 12:21 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - No Replies

Sometimes when parsing go to far we get result when some element must be as one.
I have have give the functionality to join parts together.
So the main question is: join them together OR search part marked as Complete - like 9556.dat

.jpg   car-steering.jpg (Size: 7.71 KB / Downloads: 4)

Print this item

Static 5 bars linkage angles calculation
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2015-10-24, 8:33 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (12)

Anyone knows how to calculate the angles of such a 5 bars linkage:

Graphically it's relatively simple (intersection of the locus of a 4 bars linkage with the circle of the 5th bar), but analytically it's another story...
The problem surfaced when modeling top support of the boom of 42042 crane B-model that uses this kind of structure
[Image: lego_42042_prod_det02_1488.jpg?l.r2=-627041193]
I'll probably use a successive approximation method, but if somone has a better way...

Print this item

[LDView] LDView 4.2 Beta 1 for OSX bug report
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2015-10-23, 5:21 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

Travis,

The export function does not work for LDView 4.2 Beta 1 on OSX. I can pick "Export" from the file menu but the dialog box never appears. This function does work on 4.1. I'm currently running OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

Print this item

Where does LGEO live right now
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2015-10-23, 5:14 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (2)

Whist trying to download a fresh copy of the LGEO library, I've found that the link on the LDraw website, http://www.digitalbricks.org/lgeo.html , is broken. Can someone point to me where this library is now?

Print this item

Slope Meta Command
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2015-10-21, 1:59 - Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards - Replies (21)

I'd like to propose a META for slope texture. Something like:

0 !SLOPE_TEXTURE BEGIN
<faces that have slope texture>
0 !SLOPE TEXTURE END

or if there's only one line:

0 !SLOPE_TEXTURE
<face that has slope texture>

Print this item

The future is (almost) here
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2015-10-20, 19:27 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (1)

Just a couple of hours until we get flying cars, hover boards and can go watch JAWS 19 Smile

Print this item

LDD2LDraw or lxf2ldr
Posted by: Rolf Osterthun - 2015-10-20, 19:18 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (5)

Hey,

the tool for the conversion of LDD files to LDraw files is now available in a new version and ready for testing. It should be able to read .lxf and .lxfml files; both in LXFML version 4 and 5.
Currently it is only possible to generate .ldr files. The documentation and the update of the webpage is pending, I am sorry.

You will need a valid ldraw.xml. I hope it works.

Rolf

Print this item

LICreator - Part connections
Posted by: Jarema - 2015-10-17, 17:24 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (10)

.png   TRAC3R_broken_step.png (Size: 27.32 KB / Downloads: 1)
After import model from TRAC3R.ldr I have this. What it is best way to detect parts that do not be connected|inside other. ?!
I know boundingBox ,filename and other data.

Print this item