Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,033
» Latest member: Warter
» Forum threads: 5,503
» Forum posts: 47,354

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 696 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 691 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Technic 2019
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
3 hours ago
» Replies: 36
» Views: 28,968
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
5 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 22
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
5 hours ago
» Replies: 40
» Views: 2,351
Part request: 553pb032 - ...
Last Post: Franklin W. Cain
6 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 29
Studio Connectivity Data
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
Yesterday, 20:13
» Replies: 22
» Views: 7,632
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
Yesterday, 19:29
» Replies: 2
» Views: 157
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
Yesterday, 18:19
» Replies: 2
» Views: 117
Calculate the individual ...
Forum: Off-Topic
Last Post: Manfred Schaefer
Yesterday, 17:15
» Replies: 3
» Views: 300
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 14:50
» Replies: 11
» Views: 2,470
Part request: 18392pb04 -...
Last Post: Anthony
Yesterday, 8:06
» Replies: 0
» Views: 60

New Theme Choice
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2017-01-13, 4:17 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (6)

I found a new theme for the forums that might be liked better by some. It's a bit less white and more grey like the old forums software.  I still have to do some modifications to it (e.g. some images are broken) but you can give it a test drive.  

- Go to User CP
- In the sidebar under "Your Profile" click "Edit Options"
- On the right under "Other Options" change "Board Style" to "stb"
- Click Update Options

Please let me know what you think and if you notice any broken images which seems to be the biggest issue right now.

Print this item

#16477 UCS Slave 1 Windscreen
Posted by: Sean - 2017-01-12, 4:02 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

Has anyone taken a crack at making the #16477 Windscreen 16 x 8 x 6 Curved with 3 Pin Holes? 

Bricklink.com #16477 Windscreen

Print this item

Smile Ninjago patterns
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2017-01-11, 19:30 - Forum: Parts Authoring - No Replies

Guys,

is this:

www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb0926

[Image: 973pb0926.png]

a bigger (mirrored) version of the dragon pattern used on this torso:

www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=973pb1200

[Image: 973pb1200.png]

If so, who could make me a shot with a 20 megapixels camera of the golden dragon?

w.

Print this item

Photo LDView STL Export
Posted by: Tore Eriksson - 2017-01-11, 4:54 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (6)

How come only color 16 shows up when an LDraw file has been exported to STL using LDView? All other colors go invisible. Is that intentional? (The data is still there though, since the STL file is good for the 3D pinter anyway).

And no, it's not a BFC issue; all I have to do is change the color to 16 and it shows the surface again.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oxvdy4qrks5xww/LDView_STL_Export.jpg

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oxvdy4qrks5xww/LDView_STL_Export.jpg?dl=0][/url]

Print this item

LDraw and LGEO licences
Posted by: Reuben Pearse - 2017-01-06, 22:57 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (8)

I'm interested to understand the licensing arrangement for the LGEO library, especially as this is different to the LDraw library

The statement at the top of each of the LGEO inc files says:
"It is provided for private non-commercial use only."

I'm curious to understand this limitation, as the majority of the LDraw parts are released under the Creative Commons Attribution Licence 2.0 which allows commercial use.

Is Lutz Uhlmann still the primary maintainer of this library? What are the options for requesting a less restrictive license?

BTW: I noticed that the main reference on the LDraw website to the LGEO library is currently a dead link:
http://www.digitalbricks.org/lgeo.html

How do the parts created by Darats relate to the original LGEO library? Could these potentially be re-released under a different license?

I'm also curious to know why I keep spelling licence differently every other sentence Smile

Print this item

MLCad.ini 2016-01 update now available
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2017-01-05, 11:16 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - No Replies

Hi folks,

I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2016-01. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available in MLCad's minifigure generator.

Download the file from my website: http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/mlcad_ini-en.html

Bye, w.

Print this item

Sloped brick with Batman logo
Posted by: Reuben Pearse - 2017-01-04, 7:53 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (2)

I'm looking for an LDraw version of this part: http://picclick.com.au/Lego-batman-slope...86812.html

I found this part (973pb0a.dat) that has the Batman logo, but how do I extract just the Batman logo from the dat file (I was thinking I could just create a sticker part and lay it on top of the slope brick).

I also found this sticker part (4297014a.dat), but the logo is to big for the slope brick - is there a way to easily scale this logo to make it smaller?

What's the best tool for selecting/extracting certain parts of an existing part file? (other than Notepad++)

Print this item

happy 2017!
Posted by: Santeri Piippo - 2016-12-31, 23:44 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (5)

Happy new year everyone! I'll try to actually make a part this year.

Print this item

LDraw.org 2016-01 Parts Update Now Available
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2016-12-31, 22:10 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (5)

The 2016-01 LDraw Parts Update has been now been released. This adds 572 new files to the core library, including 475 new parts and 43 new primitives. This update also includes updated versions of the colour configuration files (LDConfig.ldr and LDCfgalt.ldr) thanks to enthusiasm of Sven v. Beuningen and the co-ordination of Willy Tschager and Magnus Forsberg.

Thanks are of course due to all the part authors who created or corrected parts for this release, including several first-time authors. The reviewers also play an important role in keeping files moving through the parts tracker and deserve just as much credit.

You can preview the new parts in 2016-01 here, download the zip-file update or Windows install package here. Alternatively you can use the LDView menu option File | Check for Library Updates... to install the update.

Please accept my apology for this being the only parts update of 2016. Increased free time, in semi-retirement, should allow me to  restart more frequent updates in 2017.

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.27 Beta Released (Merge+Split, Unrectifier, edge dir., bug fixes)
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2016-12-31, 12:24 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (10)

Hello,

I would like to use the last day of this year to publish a new version of LDPE Smile
...and I thank you very much for this award! Its my pleasure to play around with LDraw and to develop highly useful tools for
the community. I am an agile software developer. I am a big fan of extreme programming, kanban and kaizen.
LDPC and LDPE are perpetual beta versions. They will stay at the development stage for an indefinite period of time.

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(3 new features and 7 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...

• ...choose whether or not "Merge to Nearest Edge" splits the edge on merged vertices.
  • ...limit unrectifier to only inline rect primitives (hold Ctrl and press the unrectifier button).
  • ...adjust the direction of the manipulator to the direction of an edge. I changed the behavior of "Move Manipulator to the Nearest Edge"!

The following critical issues were fixed:

1. Fixed an endless loop on the first start (affected 0.8.26 only).
  2. Rectifier added the same edge line into two adjacent rectangle primitives.
  3. Toggle comment / TEXMAP didn't adjust the text selection.
  4. The new render engine is now optional. Its automatic hardware detection was broken.
  5. When you inserted a protractor, the order of the vertex triplet was not deterministic.
  6. Unrectifier inserted an extraneous empty lines where rects were previously.
  7. The quick fix of "invalid use of 'BFC INVERTNEXT' / Flat subfile" only removed the BFC INVERTNEXT statement. It should also invert the direction of the flat subfile in flat direction to keep the same BFC winding.

What will the next release 0.8.28 deliver? Bug fixes, more header validation features, usability improvements...

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 100.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.

Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, LDPE 0.8.27 was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".

I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • 64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on a SSD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

Print this item