Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,051
» Latest member: Michael Burke
» Forum threads: 5,509
» Forum posts: 47,382

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 479 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 473 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, Basil Bader, Max Martin Richter

Latest Threads
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
9 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 25
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
Yesterday, 18:40
» Views: 83
Request for 102735
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
Yesterday, 4:56
» Replies: 3
» Views: 154
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
Yesterday, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 86
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-04-22, 18:39
» Replies: 22
» Views: 35,509
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Last Post: Gerald Lasser
2024-04-21, 16:16
» Replies: 4
» Views: 440
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-21, 14:37
» Replies: 13
» Views: 3,115
LPub3D and highlight step
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Leszek
2024-04-21, 10:01
» Views: 86
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-20, 21:42
» Replies: 5
» Views: 584
Lego House - Lego Exclusi...
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-20, 17:21
» Replies: 2
» Views: 314

Dish 2x2 Patterns
Posted by: Evert-Jan Boer - 2017-06-27, 9:41 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (4)

Was looking at doing the 2654pb010 pattern but I am having issues with the low resolution of this part. Perhaps that is why there are no patterns for 2654 yet?

Currently the dish is using 4-8sphe.dat, replacing it with the highres variant seems overkill. I have taken the conical primitives from rounded shield 75902 and modified them a bit to match the bottom, please see picture attached. (Left the original, right my variant which needs some extra condlines)

In my opinion this looks much better and it will be easier to create patterns for this part, please let me know what you think about it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

[LDPatternCreator] Release 1.6.5
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2017-06-26, 18:59 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (41)

Hi,

after a few sleepless nights I was finally able to reproduce and fix some troublemakers.

Download and install the latest LDPatternCreator release directly from sourceforge.net.

Change log:

Fixed bugs:

• Fixed a rare crash (Rectifier/SlicerPro/Unificator tool chain)
  • A wrong winding was exported when "Include Metadata" was disabled, but a winding was chosen in the metadata dialog.
As always, I included a short readme.htm in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils

Print this item

city arctic minifig torso
Posted by: Scott Bourgeois - 2017-06-25, 19:58 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (7)

Has/could someone please work on this torso?

Thanks!

-=ScottB=-

[Image: mini-upper-part-no-2641]
[Image: mini-upper-part-no-2641]

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.33 Beta Released (Mac OS X / Verbose Mode / Absolute Scaling)
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2017-06-24, 20:09 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (3)

Hi,

here are seven new features and the first official LDPE release on Mac OS X :)

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(7 new features and 4 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...

• ...use LDPartEditor under Mac OS X.
  • ...move the 3D view with Alt+Cursor Keys
  • ...enable a verbose mode for Rectifier
  • ...enable a verbose mode for Edger2
  • ...specify the number of iterations for the "Rotate Dialog"
  • ...specify the number of iterations for the "Translate Dialog"
  • ...copy and transform a selection if you hold Ctrl and modify the manipulator with the cursor keys
  • ...benefit from an absolute scaling mode which uses a length in LDU as an initial scale.
The following critical issues were fixed:

1. Ctrl+Z with focus on 3D window shifted the focus to the text window.
  2. A mouse click was sometimes ignored (while adding something in the 3D view)
  3. Unificator: A vertex already snapped on a primitive vertex was able to move to another primitive.
  4. Minor bug: The primitive area renderer tried to render after the 3D window was closed.
What will the next release 0.8.34 deliver? More features for hide/show...

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 100.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.
Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, this version was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".
I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • 64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

Print this item

Minor template problems?
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2017-06-23, 21:56 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (1)

I noticed these minor formatting issues a while back.

Nothing big I think, but thought to report it anyway.

This is on SeaMonkey but I would expert it to be browser independent.

Print this item

Tools for Android
Posted by: Jarema - 2017-06-23, 7:37 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (1)

Conclusion First:
 I you include STEP directive in you model properly. You get great dynamic building instrunction. Then everything what you need is Buf3D, right.

Conclusion Second:
 For me: The tool that is used to manage their own sets, and have a decent database, it is. . . rebrickable.com

Conclusion Third:
  What is must needed functionality, that we have on own smartphone have ?

Conclusion Forth:
As newsletter, good is brickset.com

Print this item

2 Star Wars stickers
Posted by: Merlijn Wissink - 2017-06-23, 6:46 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (6)

Ok, last request from me for the time being.
I'm looking for 2 stickers. More precisely, I'm looking for:

If someone could make those or happens to have those already, that would be very appreciated  Smile

Print this item

Transparent stickers
Posted by: Magnus Forsberg - 2017-06-21, 21:38 - Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards - Replies (38)

It has lately become more common with stickers printed on transparent plastic, to be placed on opaque bricks.
Is it correct, and even necessary, to always add a BFC NOCLIP in a transparent sticker, or is it incorrect to have a NOCLIP in a transparent sticker intended for a opaque brick?

We have a recent set of stickers containing a NOCLIP on the PartTracker and I don't know how to review them.

Print this item

MOC Flagpole with custom sticker
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2017-06-21, 10:56 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

Hi all,

Perhaps some of my (Dutch) friends read about my project of creating the Golden Tulip Hotel in Noordwijk from LEGO.
The huge model features 3 flagpoles with custom sticker with the logo from the hotel.
Though there are no full instructions for the whole model, I thought it would be nice to do some more testing with texture mapping on the flagpole.

Also see discussion on texture mapping here: https://forums.ldraw.org/thread-22181-post-25512.html

I created simple instructions for the flagpole in LPub3D (see attached PDF and LDraw file).

Please note this technique is aimed at advanced LDraw users with some basic Windows computer skills, but I will try to explain and tell what I’ve learned so far. Please reply if you have any questions or additions.
This is tested on a machine with Windows 7 Professional with a standard LDraw installation.
It does not seem to work on older PC’s with Windows XP.

So, a bit described in above mentioned thread too, how to do this?

First of all you need a nice PNG image file for the custom sticker or print you want to use.
The image has to have the same width and height ratio as the size of the sticker or part in LDraw units.

The PNG file should be placed in a folder called “textures” within the unoffical parts folder of your LDraw installation.

In this case, the 2x2 FLag (part 2335) measures 40 by 40 LDraw units (LDU). One stud is 20 LDU. The surface of the flag is 2 studs wide and 2 studs high. I use 3 flags so the total height is 3x40=120 LDU and width is 40 LDU.

Using Roland Melkert ‘s sticker generator (http://www.melkert.net/test/stickerGen.html) you can fill in these values and generate the LDraw code for the sticker. Dat-file also attached.

Save this dat-file for the sticker in the Unofficial parts folder. You can then use this as a regular part and place it in your model.
If you use LDCad as editor and LDView (4.2) as viewer, you should be able to see the image rendered. In LDview you must check "Primitives > Textures > Use texture maps" in the preferences for this to work.

Now if you want to create instructions in LPub3D do the following:

First find out where LPub3D looks for the unofficial parts to render the images.
On a standard Windows LDraw installation this is in a zip file lpub3dldrawunf.zip located at
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\LPub3D Software\LPub3D\libraries\
Open the zip using the file explorer or you favorite zip file program. Copy or add the “textures” folder containing the PNG image to this zip in the parts folder. There is also a subfolder called “s” in there. Next, copy or add the dat file for the custom part to the “parts” folder too.

Start LPub3D and make sure your renderer is set to LDView.

LPub3D should now render instructions with custom pattern applied and even show “the sticker” as a part in the PLI content.

Happy rendering!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.dat   2335gtn.dat (Size: 447 bytes / Downloads: 1)
.ldr   gtnflag.ldr (Size: 1.24 KB / Downloads: 1)
.pdf   gtnflag.pdf (Size: 92 KB / Downloads: 4)
Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.32 Beta Released (Manipulator / Usability / bugfix)
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2017-06-17, 23:29 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (26)

Hey,

in the last weeks I had much fun at work and some time on the weekend for LDPE :)

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(10 new features and 6 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...

• ...see the distance traveled/angle rotated in the status bar while using the move or rotate tool.
  • ...access the manipulator features from a sub menu in the 3D editor context menu.
  • ...see a tooltip for view rotation in the primitive area.
  • ...move the Manipulator with left/right or up/down arrows on keyboard.
  • ...remove all "0 // Inlined:" notices with a "quick fix".
  • ...download/update the "ldconfig.ldr" file from LDraw.org.
  • ...download/update the "categories.txt" file from LDraw.org.
  • ...benefit from much faster undo/redo.
  • ...benefit fom a faster program start.
  • ...benefit from the fact that when using the translate/scale/set etc actions, it displays the global axis, if global mode is active.
The following critical issues were fixed:

1. Sometimes, deselected elements were re-selected when selecting a subpart.
  2. "Save As..." did not trigger a check for warnings / hints / errors
  3. "LDConfig.ldr" / "ldconfig.ldr" issues on case sensitive file systems.
  4. LDPE false reported that the single !HELP meta command was "split apart".
  5. Sometimes, the UI freezed permanently under Linux.
  6. Implementation: Little resource leak with org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Cursor instances.
What will the next release 0.8.33 deliver? Bug fixes, more header validation features, usability improvements...

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 100.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.
Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, this version was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".
I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • 64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

Print this item