Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,106
» Latest member: DB7755
» Forum threads: 5,543
» Forum posts: 47,628

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 289 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 282 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, N. W. Perry, Philippe Hurbain

Latest Threads
Shadow file contributions
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Roland Melkert
Yesterday, 19:55
» Replies: 12
» Views: 343
LEGO Dimensions
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Evert-Jan Boer
Yesterday, 19:16
» Replies: 57
» Views: 19,770
Model Team
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
Yesterday, 17:26
» Replies: 37
» Views: 27,436
Tiles 1 X 8 from latest A...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: N. W. Perry
Yesterday, 2:39
» Replies: 65
» Views: 27,865
New meta in LDConfig for ...
Forum: Standards Board
Last Post: Roland Melkert
2024-05-17, 21:49
» Replies: 13
» Views: 634
Rabbit from WTP
Last Post: Ben Alder
2024-05-17, 17:39
» Replies: 3
» Views: 255
Axle Length vs Axle Stopp...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-05-16, 20:34
» Replies: 22
» Views: 3,561
new Aircraft parts: 5118,...
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
2024-05-16, 16:45
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,384
LDraw meeting in Billund ...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-05-15, 21:08
» Replies: 7
» Views: 762
Town and Trains 1993
Last Post: legolex76
2024-05-15, 19:45
» Replies: 28
» Views: 13,130

Do I need an updated LDraw folder?
Posted by: Scott Classen - 2011-07-26, 6:00 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (11)

I just downloaded and am playing around with Bricksmith (a great program BTW!). I'm having loads of fun. My 6 year old is bringing me his MOCs and together we are making little instruction booklets to give to his school buddies. We are having problems finding some wheel parts and I'm wondering if the LDraw folder that came with Bricksmith is outdated. How can I tell if my parts list is the most up-to-date? I am also a bit confused about how to update or add new parts. It seems I would need to run some EXE program which is entirely foreign to my Mac sensibilities. I see an lcad1101.zip file that was released today. Does this contain only new parts or ALL parts? If it contains only new parts, how do I merge them into my existing LDraw folder?
Thanks

Print this item

Automatic follow for posts
Posted by: Scott Classen - 2011-07-26, 4:53 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (1)

Hello,
Might I suggest somehow setting the forum software so that email notifications are sent when a reply is posted to a topic. That way if someone asks a question on the forum and then forgets about it they will get an email notification that someone has responded to their post. I see the "follow this topic" checkbox, but for other forums I visit the default behavior is to automagically send the email notifications.
Cheers

Print this item

change view for instructions
Posted by: Scott Classen - 2011-07-25, 23:43 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (4)

Hello.

How do I change the view of a particular step so that it will show up properly when opened in LPub?

Thanks

Print this item

"New" tags disappeared from main list
Posted by: Travis Cobbs - 2011-07-25, 23:22 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (5)

Yesterday when I was here, there was a red "New" tag next to each forum in the main forum list that had new posts. Today, those are gone. I thought they were quite useful. Were they removed intentionally?

Print this item

Architecture Theme
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-07-25, 2:11 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (167)

Since I didn't actually test the upload capability, here it goes. Note that this may or may not adhere to the OMR spec. I didn't check.

Edit 1 - Now OMR Spec compliant

Attached Files
.mpd   21005 - Falling Water.mpd (Size: 41.85 KB / Downloads: 43)
Print this item

Is this to replace mailing list?
Posted by: Travis Cobbs - 2011-07-24, 21:11 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (1)

Are LSC discussions supposed to move here from the mailing list? Or is this something that the LSC itself is supposed to decide? I don't personally have a problem having LSC discussions here instead of the LSC mailing list.

--Travis Cobbs

Print this item

Use the LDraw.org favicon for the forums too
Posted by: Jean-Philippe Ouellet - 2011-07-24, 19:35 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (9)

That way it's easily and distinctly recognizable in lists of bookmarks.

Print this item

LETGUI 1.6.1.1
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2011-07-24, 16:16 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (1)

I just released LETGUI 1.6.1.1
Download from: http://mikeheide2.kilu.de

All suggestions for improving or hints for errors please post in response to this topic.

cu
mikeheide

Print this item

DATHeader 3.0.9.0
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2011-07-24, 15:06 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (15)

I just release version 3.0.9.0 of DATHeader. Please leave all comments for this version as response to this topic.
Have fun.
Download from http://mikeheide2.kilu.de
cu
mikeheide

Print this item

Help accessible without registration?
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2011-07-24, 14:16 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (1)

In order to restore the closed help desk:

http://www.ldraw.org/Article7.html

it would be helpful if people could post to "Forums > General > Help" without the need to register first. Ideal would be move the subsection to a stand alone category somewhere between the "Announcements" and "General" block.

Thoughts?

w.

Print this item