LDraw.org Discussion Forums
LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.3 - Printable Version

+- LDraw.org Discussion Forums (https://forums.ldraw.org)
+-- Forum: LDraw Programs (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Parts Author Tools (https://forums.ldraw.org/forum-24.html)
+--- Thread: LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.3 (/thread-4460.html)

LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.3 - Nils Schmidt - 2012-04-17

Hey,

Here is the new LPC 1.3.3.

Please uninstall older versions of this software before installing a new version.
Your configuration won't be deleted if you have already version 1.3.2 installed on your machine.

Change log:

New features:
  • You can use three new shortkeys to access the primitive menu (F7), the “Merge/Split..” menu (F8) and the CSG menu (F9).
  • You can customize the colour toolbar by clicking on a colour with your right mouse button (except colour 16).
  • You can import/load PNG images.
  • Colour 16 triangles are rendered as white-dotted triangles.
  • The precision of the projector is improved.
Fixed Bugs from 1.3.X:
  • Minor language translation bugs
  • The selection rectangle does not disappear in some cases
  • The vertex does not instantly follow the mouse cursor when “Add Vertex” is active

(see full list of tickets for 1.3.3)

I included a short README.pdf in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils

Re: LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.3 - Daniel Goerner - 2012-04-18

Thanks Nils.

Another suggestion: It would be really cool to have the ability to choose a bunch of vertices and arrange them on a X or Y coordinate to get them in a straight line. So when I choose the X coordinate the Y coordinate would be left alone, and vice versa.

Re: LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.3 - Philippe Hurbain - 2012-04-18

This could be done with the x-y coordinates box that appears when there is only one vertex selected. With multiple selection it could appear with blank values if vertices have different x or y values, but once you type in one box, the value is affected to all vertices.

There is a convoluted method of doing this now:
- Select all vertices you want to align
- Create triangles between them
- Select triangles and group them
- select group and (in coordinate box) change top left 1.0000 to 0.00000001 (you can't use 0) for x direction (the middle bottom 1.000 for y direction)
- Ungroup
- Delete triangles.

I guess it's as simple to select all vertices one by one and type in the same coordinate for all of them...

BTW, Nils, there is a little "misfeature" there: cut and paste values doesn't work in coordinates box, you cut and paste vertices instead.

Re: LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.3 - Daniel Goerner - 2012-04-18

Oh, and you can't use the "del" key in the vertex-data box. I don't know why, but it would be nice if I could.

Re: LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.3 - Nils Schmidt - 2012-04-18

Daniel Görner Wrote:Oh, and you can't use the "del" key in the vertex-data box. I don't know why, but it would be nice if I could.
Philippe 'Philo' Hurbain Wrote:BTW, Nils, there is a little "misfeature" there: cut and paste values doesn't work in coordinates box, you cut and paste vertices instead.

I fixed these "misfeatures" today Wink
I have also spotted a bug when I undo / redo my work.
This bug can crash the application. - Be careful!

1.3.4 will include a fix for the mentioned problems and I am going to release it on 2012/04/27.

If necessary, make further proposals to improve my program. I will do my best to implement it.

Re: LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.3 - Mikkel Bech Jensen - 2012-04-22

I have a quick question. can you make patterns over studs? It would be very usefull for making patterns for baseplates.

Allso I find it very defficult to create the templates. The manual doesn't explain well how to find the the exact x & y coordinates I need for the template.

I am new to this part authoring and I really hope this program can get me started. Smile