Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,468
» Latest member: ARY
» Forum threads: 5,680
» Forum posts: 48,566

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 255 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 251 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Eugen, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
Flag 2 x 2 with Blue and ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Eugen
1 minute ago
» Replies: 10
» Views: 123
LeoCad M1 Support
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
10 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,808
LDView 4.5 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
11 hours ago
» Replies: 32
» Views: 8,428
Technic 2024
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: MING YING CAI
11 hours ago
» Replies: 26
» Views: 16,378
Looking for a simple (fre...
Forum: Off-Topic
Yesterday, 6:04
» Replies: 5
» Views: 11,741
FreeStyle 1995-1998
Yesterday, 4:51
» Replies: 5
» Views: 239
Datsville
Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations)
Yesterday, 2:35
» Replies: 54
» Views: 94,049
Milky Way Magic Chest 199...
2024-10-05, 23:52
» Replies: 2
» Views: 181
New moulds with hollow st...
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
2024-10-05, 13:14
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6,866
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
2024-10-05, 7:34
» Replies: 23
» Views: 6,338

Is "Pattern" superfluous in Sticker part names?
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2011-12-16, 11:03 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (11)

Stickers, are always (?) used to add a decoration (pattern) to a part. Whilst we continue to restrict ourselves to a 64-character part description, I think we could dispense with the word "Pattern" in sticker names.

Print this item

Bare URL conversion turned off
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-12-16, 10:15 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - No Replies

Due to the bug described here, the conversion of bare URLs into clickable links has been turned off. If you want to have a hyperlink use the "url" BBCode tag.

Print this item

BrickPad for iOS
Posted by: Ken Drew - 2011-12-15, 2:04 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (14)

As some of you know, I have a new iOS app for viewing LDraw models. BrickPad has been released in the App Store.

App Store link for BrickPad.

And the BrickPad home page.

I'm already working on some changes as well as new features. I would love to hear your feedback.

Enjoy,

Ken

Print this item

Forum bugs/feature requests/todo list - Please read before posting.
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2011-12-14, 23:53 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (18)

A summation of bug reports and feature requests.
Please do not reply to this topic with suggestions. Instead post them as a separate topic.

Requests:

• Make "Message list display options" default to "All messages in a topic, threaded" - TEMPORARY SOLUTION: inform users of the option to change the display
  • Mark thread as read link on recent messages
  • Mark thread as read link returns you to topic list
  • Allow attachment of small images (as opposed to external linking). Admin - this is currently possible but not desirable since limiting attachment size applies to all attachments not just images
  • Allow different types of attachments to have different size limits. Admin - Related to the above. Contacted the developers of the forum software, this will require a module to be written
  • Add more user titles, specifically parts authors. Admin- Implemented
  • Make signature persistant. In other words when a user changes their signature, the previous post don't change. Admin - this would require a significant change in the way signatures are stored and handled
  • Add a feature to render attached model files
  • Clicking on the "new message" flag takes you the newest post chronologically, instead of the top new post visually
  • Have an "all forums" RSS feed Admin - Aready existed and found by accident. Front page template to be edited
  • Have a LUGNET style message preview in the threaded view and on the recent messages page.
  • Add a "status" modifier to the dat_part BBCode tag for referencing the PT status of a part and a "title" modifier to include the part name.
  • Allow the "readable dates" module to be set on a per user basis.
  • Create a mobile device template and theme

Known Bugs:
  • BUG - New message flags sometimes don't show up on the main forum page
  • BUG - Moving messages around causes the moved messages to show up on recent messages regardless of how old they are.
  • BUG - Image embedding code inappropriately repositions images in the post.
  • BUG - BBCode "code" tag handling is buggy. BBCode module adds an erroneous semicolon when turning bare URLs into clickable links if said URL is enclosed in double quotes. Admin - reported to the developers
  • BUG - Emoticons didn't work correctly. Admin - this is an issue with the module and is pretty much unfixable due to the way the module is written. The module author agrees and they're working on a solution

Print this item

Attach png
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2011-12-14, 21:46 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (3)

Is it possible to attach a png (that gets displayed) so you don't need to use external webspace? (also preserves it for the future).

Maybe limit their size to a couple of dozen K's in order not to strain bandwidth etc.

Print this item

LDraw, Peeron, BrickLink crossref?
Posted by: David Eaton - 2011-12-14, 18:40 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (4)

For a few years I've been curious about a crossref between LDraw, Peeron, and BrickLink part numbers (as well as a crossref to LEGO Design IDs). I've got a few dozen that I've logged between Peeron and BrickLink, but is there anything that's been compiled for that purpose?

DaveE

Print this item

LDraw guideline: The use of the name "LDraw" in LDraw related programs
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2011-12-13, 17:38 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (1)

Hi,

the LDraw Steering Committee (SteerCo) has been questioned what their opinion is about the use of the name "LDraw" in LDraw related programs. The following should be taken as guideline:

LDraw.org uses the LDraw trademark with permission from the Jessiman Estate, therefore we cannot grant permission to third parties to use it. It is also our definition that the LDraw trademark represents the LDraw System of Tools and the LDraw Parts Library, so it is our policy that LDraw should not appear in a program's title and/or URL to protect the uniqueness of the LDraw trademark.

We recommend that programs/websites wishing to identify with LDraw choose titles that add "LD" in front of the name as a way to associate the program as part of the LDraw software family.

Willy Tschager
On the behalf of the LDraw Steering Committee

Print this item

Help with plist Commands
Posted by: Alasdair Ryan - 2011-12-13, 12:13 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (2)

Hello

Once again i have a problem this time it is with Lpub not recognizing Plist commands,I wanted to add all the 'leg parts' of the minifig as one complete step using plist commands but it does not work.

Attached Files
.ldr   Man.ldr (Size: 786 bytes / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

Unread flag management on Recent Messages page
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2011-12-13, 7:49 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (2)

Is there any way to have a "mark thread as read" link on the Recent Messages page on this forum?

There are some threads that I don't feel the need to read, but I do like to keep my Recent Messages page clean of un-read flags.

Print this item

The Malevolence
Posted by: Oh-Seong KWON - 2011-12-13, 4:43 - Forum: Official Models - No Replies

This might be an official model of LEGO according to below links:
http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2572
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.ph...opic=33807

I couldn't stop my finger to make this model when I found the instruction. T_T;;
It was made by SR3D Builder 0.6.0.9 and rendered by Mega-Pov 1.2.1.
It has '0 STEP' and you can see assembling steps through LDview.

Error in model : The below parts didn't have correct pattern on it.
- 41751.DAT (or x224.DAT)
- 3068.DAT
- 50955.DAT
- 50956.DAT
- 30382.DAT

Enjoy

KWON

[Image: a0111809_4ee6d6af9270f.jpg]

[Image: a0111809_4ee6d6af048af.jpg]

[Image: a0111809_4ee6d6b1e9115.jpg]

Attached Files
.l3b   The_Malevolence.L3B (Size: 40.01 KB / Downloads: 11)
Print this item