Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,211
» Latest member: ThomasLuong
» Forum threads: 5,601
» Forum posts: 48,052

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 241 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 235 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Jeff Jones, Orion Pobursky, ThomasLuong

Latest Threads
Colour request
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
7 minutes ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2,557
[LDPE] 1.8.81 Released (s...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
Yesterday, 17:03
» Replies: 8
» Views: 216
MLCad.ini 2024-05 update ...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Willy Tschager
Yesterday, 14:22
» Replies: 0
» Views: 30
Technic 1986
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 5:32
» Replies: 9
» Views: 4,935
Minifig leg descriptions
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-07-06, 21:56
» Replies: 5
» Views: 155
Request for vintage tail ...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Chris Böhnke
2024-07-06, 16:05
» Replies: 12
» Views: 503
Handful of Ninjago and Dr...
Last Post: Stefano
2024-07-06, 12:10
» Replies: 0
» Views: 53
Animal Crossing
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-07-06, 10:21
» Replies: 1
» Views: 289
Part and decals request: ...
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-07-05, 15:38
» Replies: 25
» Views: 30,231
Technic 2021
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-07-05, 7:12
» Replies: 17
» Views: 13,116

Thumbs Up need a variation of 522.DAT
Posted by: Oh-Seong KWON - 2012-03-29, 12:45 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Hi,

At the moment, there is only one style cloth like 522.DAT

[Image: a0111809_4f7439e61024b.jpg]

This part is very useful for minifigure.

But when I assembled 10211 Grand Emporium, I found that some variation of this part was needed like below.

[Image: a0111809_4f7439e6ba538.jpg]

I hope someone might have a plan for this part.

KWON

Print this item

Thumbs Up 64951.DAT
Posted by: Oh-Seong KWON - 2012-03-28, 5:17 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

64951.DAT is a variation of 4424.DAT with axle hole.
But it is not released yet as even unofficial LDraw part.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4424
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/64951

Please, any able man do something for this part.

KWON

Print this item

LDPatternCreator - Release 1.3.0
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2012-03-27, 21:03 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (7)

Hey,

well, my target release was planned for 2012-06-01 but.. times have changed Wink

Here is the new LPC 1.3.0.

Please uninstall older versions of this software before installing a new version.

Change log:

New features:

• You can activate the overlap/T-junction detector by clicking on “Edit->Detect Triangle Overlaps”
  • The application is translated into three different languages (English, French, German)
  • You can create 1 or 2 triangles by selecting 3 or 4 vertices when “Add Triangle” is activated
  • Colours can be replaced after the Rectifier-post-process (click on “File->Replace Colours on Export..”)
  • You can set the center of a group/subfile
  • You can configure the zoom level (click on “View->Zoom” or double click the zoom label [“Zoom: … %”])
  • You can manipulate the transformation matrix of primitives/groups
  • You can select overlapping/covered triangles with two or more mouse clicks while pressing the CTRL key
  • You can “cut” the polygon of a template with the CUT keyword in the template definition file
  • You can deselect a selected vertex/triangle when you click on it while holding the CTRL key
  • You can move/rotate/scale selected things, one tick at a time, using keyboard up/down/right left.
  • The rotate mode is improved.
  • The colour palette is now resizable
Fixed Major Bugs:
  • The projection data import and the projected export is now ready for use

(see full list of tickets for 1.3.0)

I included a short README.pdf in the installation directory.

Cheers & Leg Godt

Nils

Print this item

CRLF as official line ending
Posted by: Allen Smith - 2012-03-27, 15:53 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (11)

Following up with the previous topic, I would like to propose that DOS-style CRLF line-endings be officially specified as the standard output format for LDraw editors.

While I personally believe that DOS line endings are the most ridiculous line endings known to man, they're the de facto standard in LDraw and I don't think that should change. I agree with the idea to put them in the specification as a help to any future software author.

As to the input format, I believe software must support DOS line endings, and should support all line endings.

Thoughts?

Allen

Print this item

LDraw guideline: Procedure for quitting Part Authorship
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-03-27, 10:22 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (4)

Hi,

in prospect of the recent events the LDraw Steering Committee (SteerCo) has elaborated a guideline for those authors who wanna quit their PT authorship:

1. The Part Author (PA) wishing to quit should submit their intention to the Part Tracker Administration (PTAdmin) in writing via email to <parts-AT-ldraw.org>.
  2. Following this, access rights to the Part Tracker (PT) will be removed in a timely fashion.
  3. The PTAdmin will keep a record of the signed Contributor Agreement (CA) of the person quitting.
  4. As the quitting PA's parts (the parts) were submitted under the terms of the CA, and thus the "copyleft" Creative Commons license, all parts submitted up to that point will be left where they are, whether that be as part of the published library, or in some state on the PT.
  5. No changes will be made to the parts that would undermine the existing terms of the CA and associated license.
  6. All the parts remaining on the PT will be immediately considered open for editing by anyone, under the usual provisions of the CA and associated license. Any existing reviews will be left as is.
  7. If the PA wishes to reattain part authorship, they must apply as a new author, including signing a new CA.

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw Steering Committee

Print this item

Rectifier and Intersector updated
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2012-03-27, 9:57 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (7)

Rectifier (now verion 1.7) has been updated to manage direct color (code courtesy of Nils Schmidt). This version also prevents creation of quads with too flat angles (see this).

Intersector (now version 1.4) uses dynamic memory allocation to manage bigger files. I corrected a bug that caused triangles to disappear. Unfortunately another bug remains, I have not found the root cause but when this occurs the message "*** problem during retriangulation ***" is displayed. Prescaling may help in this case.

Print this item

973px88, Darth Maul Torso
Posted by: Daniel Goerner - 2012-03-26, 20:40 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

Is somebody working on that? Because I saw a reserved Part Number for this.

If not, I have the template ready and could do it in the next few days.

Print this item

Help with Lego Digital Designer exporting .ldr files, please!
Posted by: Miguel Gómez - 2012-03-26, 17:29 - Forum: Help - Replies (2)

Hi, first of all, I have to say that I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but it's the best I've found, so tell me if you think of a better place, please!

I'm trying to make a simulator for the NXT Mindstorms and I'm using the .lxf and .ldr files generated by Lego Digital Designer... but when I use "RIM WIDE W/CROSS 30x20" and export to the .ldr file format it's not present! In fact, if I make a model with only one rim I get this when I export the .ldr file:

test.ldr Wrote:0 test
0 Author: LEGO Digital Designer 4.2

Anyway the .lxf file do have the rim, because if I open it, it's not empty... :-\

Do any of you know why this is happening and/or how do I solve the problem?

Here's the robot.lxf file of my robot if you'd like to test it yourselves Smile

Thank you very much!
Miguel.

Print this item

"Attach a file..." link missing
Posted by: Steffen - 2012-03-25, 21:55 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (10)

Can some site admin please check if the user rights configuration of the forums is o.k.?:
I just noticed that the "Attach a file..." link only seems to be shown
in public forums, but not when you're replying in a closed forum,
I think that's an error.
For example, when I wrote this post:
http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...98#pid3998
I noticed that the link wasn't there.
It also isn't shown when I hit "edit" to edit that post.

Print this item

BBCode for embedding LDraw parts now available - UPDATE
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2012-03-25, 14:32 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (20)

Admin - Due to latency problems between the 2 LDraw servers causing extremely page long load times on tag intensive posts, this tag has been disabled until a code revision can be made to account for this.

Format is:
[dat_part <partno> (unofficial|text)]
where:
<partno> is the part number with or without the ".dat". Note the "parts" folder need not be specified but the "p", "s", and "48" do.
"unofficial" forces the PT version if the part is under revision on the PT
"text" forces a text link instead of an image link

If a part image does not exist (i.e. official primitives) then it defaults to a text link.
If the part is neither official or unofficial it returns the part number as plain text.

Official Part:
image link:
[dat_part 3001]
text link:
[dat_part 3001 text]

Unofficial Part:
image link:
[dat_part 92590]
text link:
[dat_part 92590 text]

Part that is both:
official image: