Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,199
» Latest member: MERMAN101
» Forum threads: 5,597
» Forum posts: 48,028

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 240 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 237 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google

Latest Threads
Request for vintage tail ...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
1 hour ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 223
Part and decals request: ...
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
1 hour ago
» Replies: 25
» Views: 30,121
Technic 2021
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
9 hours ago
» Replies: 17
» Views: 12,820
[LDPE] 1.8.81 Released (s...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
Yesterday, 20:25
» Replies: 2
» Views: 66
Inconsistancy in descript...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Jaco van der Molen
Yesterday, 17:42
» Replies: 5
» Views: 197
Partsnapping difficult so...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Jaco van der Molen
Yesterday, 14:03
» Replies: 16
» Views: 398
LDraw.org 2024-05 Parts U...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: N. W. Perry
Yesterday, 0:24
» Replies: 8
» Views: 555
Portal Gun - Item No: bb0...
Last Post: Zach Irwin
2024-07-03, 21:34
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3,483
Part Request 1993 Dreamzz...
Last Post: Carl Rodabaugh
2024-07-02, 23:32
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,476
More common parts missing...
Last Post: tom alphin
2024-07-02, 0:17
» Replies: 6
» Views: 411

Question abouth procedure and Part Author ethics
Posted by: Daniel Goerner - 2012-04-03, 9:22 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (10)

Practical Example: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...6bpx83.dat

This part is on hold for over 3 months, the author not responding (to reviews) for over 6 months. I don't know if the author is still active and/or just has lost interest in working on this part.

I'd like to make this part from scratch. What would be the right procedure without stepping on the toes of anybody? And how would I submit it if the partnumber is already in use?

[EDIT] Okay, I've just seen, that Stan is still active in this forum. So, Stan, would you mind if I give a try in making the Leia head?

Print this item

BrickPad 1.3.3
Posted by: Ken Drew - 2012-04-03, 3:22 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

BrickPad 1.3.3 has been submitted to the App Store. This version includes bug fixes as well as new features:

- Support for Retina display on the new iPad.
- Advancing through steps will now traverse into MPD sub models automatically
- Help/Manual
- Parts of current step indicated by a neon green edge highlight.
- UI is only hidden if viewing the "All" step.
- Fixed a bug where if BrickPad wasn't already running, BrickPad wouldn't open a custom URL.
- Fixed a bug where if "Get more models…" was selected, went offline, then selected one of the models a crash would happen.
- Fixed a bug where on a slow network connection, we would set the cell's image to a prior dequeued cell.
- New model number badge is now updated when coming back into BrickPad.
- Files calling out other files in the same directory now work properly.

Dowload/update in the App Store.

Enjoy,

Ken

Print this item

Round primitives with x/48 fractions - using 16 segs
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2012-04-02, 21:20 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (2)

Hello people/LSC

Since it is perfectly possible to make the x/48 (eg. 7/24, 1/6 etc.) primitives on a 16-sided polygon (using eg. my little perl script) provided care is taken (another approach would be to make 1/48 and 2/48 wedge parts that fill in the gap) I was thinking it might be nice to cut the restriction to using 48 sides for such fractions.

In particular parts like 30632 would not need such a huge number of faces.

What do you think?

Tim

Print this item

Call for Volunteers: Website Design
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2012-04-02, 12:41 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (2)

The LDraw.org website admin have need for one or two volunteers to assist with the design and layout of the new LDraw.org website. You will work directly with the admin team on this project.

Requirements:
- Experience with HTML and CSS is a must
- PHP experience is useful but not required

Please reply to this post if you are interested.

Print this item

SR 3D Builder 0.6.8.3
Posted by: Sergio Reano - 2012-04-02, 8:51 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

Hi everybody,

the new version of my application has been in the last few days.
It has many new features and is available from its official web site. This is a brief:
Fixed
- Many fixes in Part Assembly management
- Connections are now a bit more stable across animations
- Auto snap functions does not work at position (0,0,0)
- Adding and removing controls after loading a model already having controls can cause animation crash
- Displacement Caddy is now resizing better at least when adding new parts

Changed
- Part patching functionality are now integrated in the standard version. Debug version of the application is
no longer necessary
- The quick search tabs for slopes and technic types have been deeply reorganized. Hope they are better...

Added
- Management for Handle/Ring Mechanism (see video) in Animation console (actually limited to 2 rings for
each handle)
- Ability to combine and control more mechanism chains at once in the animation console
- Enhanced Hinge solver capabilities: now can change orientation of connection to make them coaxial or
inserting a single universal joint with correct orientation between connections (see video)
- Enhanced Hinge solver capabilities: selecting as first part a block with extend capabilities (like a Linear
Actuator extendible part) allows part extension and avoid rotating second selected block. Please note that
the extensible parts will extends with no limit, also outer of fixed part.

Sergio

Print this item

HBM013
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2012-04-02, 6:43 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - No Replies

I'm happy to announce HispaBrick Magazine 013 has been released.
In this issue you will find a new instalment of my series of LDraw tutorials. This time I have focused on BlueBrick and how to create new modules to use with this program.

You can download the magazine from www.hispabrickmagazine.com

Print this item

[April Fools] LEGO acquires LDraw.org Parts Library
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2012-04-01, 0:43 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (19)

Quote:LEGO Group Acquisition of LDraw.org Parts Library Announced

LDraw.org and LEGO System A/S jointly announced today that LDraw.org has agreed to sell its rights in the development of the LDraw Parts Library to the LEGO Group, the publisher of the virtual building software LEGO Digital Designer (LDD), for $5.35 million. The LDraw.org Steering Committee members have been offered employment by the LEGO Group, who will continue software development and operations from the former LEGO Universe studio in Louisville, Colorado.

“We’re excited about the integration of the LDraw Parts Library to fill the gaps of old virtual LEGO parts currently missing in LDD, but re-engineered by the fans and are happy to have the core of the community officially join the LEGO team,” said Søren Askildson, Senior Executive Vice President at the LEGO Software Engineering; Development Department. “This acquisition demonstrates our commitment both to the ongoing success of LEGO Digital Designer and to an overall strategy to expand our brand online.”

“LDraw.org’s focus is developing a solid easy-to-use library on an open document file format, and publishing the next generation of virtual building CAD systems,” said Willy Tschager, Member of the LDraw.org Steering Committee . “We’re proud of the library our community built, and are certain that it has a bright future. The transition of members of our team to the LEGO Group enables us to focus completely on internally-published, free-to-play software businesses.”

LEGO System A/S entered into a free-data-for-advisory relationship with LDraw.org as to build LEGO Universe in 2006. The acquisition of the rights to the library and the ability to transition members of the team to continue work on the library follows the fulfillment of the LEGO Universe development contract.

LDD as a virtual building experience attracts several million people each year to build a huge range of amazing creations. The LDraw System of Tools is a popular system of free software tools for modeling LEGO creations in 3D on a computer. The parts library that is central to the programs is under continuous maintenance and extension by the LDraw community since 1997.

From http://www.ldraw.org/Article609.html

Print this item

Beta test AIOI with SR3D
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-03-31, 22:11 - Forum: All Other Programs. - No Replies

Hi,

before I'm going to add the 2012-01 parts update I'd like to get some feedback on the latest addition: SR 3D Builder.

Sergio's prog requires Microsoft .NET Framework as well as Microsoft DirectX 9.0c to properly function. Both packages have been added to the AIOI and the installer performs some checks and if missing or not up-to-date silently installs them if you have chosen to install SR 3D. Since this is quite a lot of new code and I do not have tons of machines with different configurations I could only test it in a limited way. I would love if you could run this beta:

http://www.holly-wood.it/tmp/LDraw_AIOI_...bit_v1.zip

and send me your "Setup Log.txt" files you can find in your "Windows\LDraw" folder in case you run into trouble during install. Currently only the German and French dialogues have been added. If you run the AIOI on an Italian, Dutch or Spanish OS you'll get your error messages in the default English.

Bye, w.

Print this item

Electric Motor Case 4 x 12 x 3.333 Type 1 4.5V (Complete)
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2012-03-31, 20:22 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (1)

With this motor something is messed up:

I get missing error messages in LDView, it's messed up in editors and on the PT several subpart are not anymore existing.
It looks like the missing subparts were certified - are they gone official with a change of their partnumber ?
The shortcut still reference the old numbers.....

Please investigate.

Print this item

X581C01.DAT (Electric Motor Case 4 x 12 x 3.333 Type 2 (Shortcut))
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2012-03-31, 19:49 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

I get an LDView error when displaing this part:

error loading submodel X581S02.dat

and the same with X581S01.dat

The part looks completly fine in editors (like SR 3D Builder)
Is that an LDView or a LDraw (part) issue?

If this is a LDView error only, this post can be moved to the LDraw Editors and Viewers subforum..

Print this item