Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,193
» Latest member: WesleyMayer
» Forum threads: 5,595
» Forum posts: 48,000

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 256 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 251 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Andrewik

Latest Threads
Building the V-shape engi...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: WesleyMayer
31 minutes ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 1,535
Request for vintage tail ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Geske
2 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Part Request 1993 Dreamzz...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Carl Rodabaugh
8 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,423
LDraw.org 2024-05 Parts U...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
9 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 393
More common parts missing...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: tom alphin
Yesterday, 0:17
» Replies: 6
» Views: 360
The Muppets CMF - 71033
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
2024-07-01, 21:17
» Replies: 13
» Views: 2,876
Technic 1986
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-06-30, 15:05
» Replies: 8
» Views: 4,294
Increase allowed runtime ...
Last Post: Jaco van der Molen
2024-06-30, 9:07
» Replies: 2
» Views: 108
unmatching primitives (4-...
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-06-30, 6:38
» Replies: 4
» Views: 135
Partsnapping difficult so...
Last Post: Roland Melkert
2024-06-29, 20:22
» Replies: 11
» Views: 237

Status of NonCAs?
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-04-05, 20:01 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

Chris,

there are just 4 NonCA parts left. What is their status and when can we expect to get rid off them?

w.

Print this item

Color questions (was: 3816ps5 Minifig Leg Right with SW Gunbelt Pattern)
Posted by: Daniel Goerner - 2012-04-04, 20:51 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (33)

Does anyone know which brown to use for the belt? No brown color I tried fits. How about using custom colors in LDraw files?

Print this item

[Resolved] LDraw Parts Tracker access suspended
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2012-04-04, 16:00 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (3)

The peeron server that hosts the LDraw Parts Tracker is out of disc space. As yet I don't know whether this is something to do with LDraw or the high level of peeron activity we have seen recently.

For now I have suspended access to the Parts Tracker to avoid submit and review failures.

I'll post here when things are fixed.

Print this item

Thumbs Up 54097.dat is missing
Posted by: Oh-Seong KWON - 2012-04-04, 12:44 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (7)

When I tried to make airplane, I found this part was missing until now.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/54097

I hope this part would be released as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading.

KWON

Print this item

MLCad.ini 2012-01 Update Now Available
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-04-04, 11:34 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - No Replies

Hi folks,

I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts
update 2012-01. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available
in MLCad's minifigure generator.

Download the file from my website: http://www.holly-wood.it/mlcad/ini-en.html

A direct download is available at: http://www.holly-wood.it/files/mlcad/MLCad.ini

Bye, w.

Print this item

Tons of L(EGO)Draw parts still awaiting cleanse
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-04-03, 22:28 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - No Replies

Folks,

we still have tons of parts we've got from the LU team awaiting cleanse:

http://wiki.ldraw.org/index.php?title=Ca...positories

please take a look and don't forget to check the PT before working them. The list at the wiki looks a bit outdated.

w.

Print this item

Call for votes: Background color for sticker substrate
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-04-03, 15:46 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (6)

Please vote on the proposal below. Please modify the Subject to include your name and vote, in addition to giving your vote in the text.

Update the LDraw.org Official Library Specification for Sticker Parts by editing:

Quote:The sticker is a 0.25 LDU thin box (or whatever shape sticker is in), oriented such that the top face is at -0.25 Y and parallel with the X-Z plane. The pattern is on the top face; the other (five) sides of the box correspond to main background colour of the sticker pattern (i.e. the predominant colour of the pattern at its edges). If there isn't a predominant colour at the edges of the sticker, the actual colour of the sticker material should be used instead (usually white).

to

Quote:The sticker is a 0.25 LDU thin box (or whatever shape sticker is in), without any linetypes 2 (edgelines) and coloured with main color 16. The sticker is oriented such that the top face is at -0.25 Y and parallel with the X-Z plane. The pattern with the hardcoded colours is on the top face.

and

Quote:The sticker pattern is modelled by real colour; they are not modifiable from the outside. All printed colour of the pattern must be matched. Mimicking a colour by blending in the background colour of the part underneath using colour 16 is not allowed. Colour 16 is exclusively allowed for a transparent portion of the pattern, so that the sticker can be attached to any color parts and still blend in. Since edges are forbidden in sticker parts, colour 24 is not allowed.

to

Quote:The sticker pattern is modelled by real colours; they are not modifiable from the outside. All printed colours of the pattern must be matched, and the background (non-printed portion) of the pattern must use colour 16. Mimicking a colour by blending in the background colour of the part underneath using colour 16 is not allowed. Since edges are forbidden in sticker parts, colour 24 is not allowed.

Print this item

Hero Factory parts naming?
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2012-04-03, 12:17 - Forum: Parts Authoring - No Replies

How are we going to name Hero Factory specialized parts? Previous equivallent range was named "Technic Bionicle", but it's now a bit wrong... Maybe "Technic Figure"?
Case in point is http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg.../92218.dat. To make things worse, this particular part is not truly "Technic"...

Print this item

Question abouth procedure and Part Author ethics
Posted by: Daniel Goerner - 2012-04-03, 9:22 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (10)

Practical Example: http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...6bpx83.dat

This part is on hold for over 3 months, the author not responding (to reviews) for over 6 months. I don't know if the author is still active and/or just has lost interest in working on this part.

I'd like to make this part from scratch. What would be the right procedure without stepping on the toes of anybody? And how would I submit it if the partnumber is already in use?

[EDIT] Okay, I've just seen, that Stan is still active in this forum. So, Stan, would you mind if I give a try in making the Leia head?

Print this item

BrickPad 1.3.3
Posted by: Ken Drew - 2012-04-03, 3:22 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - No Replies

BrickPad 1.3.3 has been submitted to the App Store. This version includes bug fixes as well as new features:

- Support for Retina display on the new iPad.
- Advancing through steps will now traverse into MPD sub models automatically
- Help/Manual
- Parts of current step indicated by a neon green edge highlight.
- UI is only hidden if viewing the "All" step.
- Fixed a bug where if BrickPad wasn't already running, BrickPad wouldn't open a custom URL.
- Fixed a bug where if "Get more models…" was selected, went offline, then selected one of the models a crash would happen.
- Fixed a bug where on a slow network connection, we would set the cell's image to a prior dequeued cell.
- New model number badge is now updated when coming back into BrickPad.
- Files calling out other files in the same directory now work properly.

Dowload/update in the App Store.

Enjoy,

Ken

Print this item