Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,211
» Latest member: ThomasLuong
» Forum threads: 5,601
» Forum posts: 48,053

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 225 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 222 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
Architecture Theme
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
1 hour ago
» Replies: 177
» Views: 309,368
Colour request
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
1 hour ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2,569
[LDPE] 1.8.81 Released (s...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
Yesterday, 17:03
» Replies: 8
» Views: 219
MLCad.ini 2024-05 update ...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Willy Tschager
Yesterday, 14:22
» Replies: 0
» Views: 31
Technic 1986
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 5:32
» Replies: 9
» Views: 4,944
Minifig leg descriptions
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-07-06, 21:56
» Replies: 5
» Views: 156
Request for vintage tail ...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Chris Böhnke
2024-07-06, 16:05
» Replies: 12
» Views: 513
Handful of Ninjago and Dr...
Last Post: Stefano
2024-07-06, 12:10
» Replies: 0
» Views: 56
Animal Crossing
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-07-06, 10:21
» Replies: 1
» Views: 298
Part and decals request: ...
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-07-05, 15:38
» Replies: 25
» Views: 30,231

Weird LDView bug/quirk
Posted by: Tim Gould - 2012-03-23, 22:54 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (5)

So. I've got a strange LDView error. I've got a setting group for part reviewing/editing with optional lines set to show control points, and random colours used for surfaces. From the picture below it all looks great on screen. It's part 92590 and subparts.

But the moment I export to PNG you get what is on the right side of the image. And thereafter LDView shows the image like that. At a guess it's showing the optional lines only but I'm not certain about that.

Below are the unusual settings:
Random colors Y
Field of view 0.1

Edge lines Y
Conditional Lines Y
Show control points Y
High quality Y

[Image: 7009569195_cd8cbec806.jpg]
Weird LDView bug by gambort, on Flickr

Print this item

Thumbs Up My most wanted Star Wars Parts
Posted by: Daniel Goerner - 2012-03-23, 10:43 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (15)

Here is a list of parts I want the most, at the moment:

The Scout Trooper Helmet, the Kaadu and the old Gungan Head

Print this item

Insurmountable error popping up in LPub 4.0.0.11
Posted by: Dave Schuler - 2012-03-22, 1:42 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (7)

Hello all:

When using LPub for a model composed of unofficial elements, I keep getting the following error:

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\LDView\LDView.exe

R6025
-pure virtual function call

I have no idea what this means nor any idea of how to compensate for it, but I'll add the following:

The model renders just fine through an earlier version of LPub.
When I pare the model down to a single part and the part down to a single BOX.DAT primitive, the error still occurs.

What I find most baffling/frustrating is that the earlier version handles it so easily, plowing through the apparent error without a hitch. However, that earlier version can't render torus objects in POV-Ray, which I use in inlined code for these unofficial elements.

What's causing this error? Is there a way to correct it?

Print this item

Free Universal Construction Kit
Posted by: Jim DeVona - 2012-03-22, 0:01 - Forum: Off-Topic - No Replies

The Free Universal Construction Kit is "a set of adapters for complete interoperability between 10 popular construction toys":

http://fffff.at/free-universal-construction-kit/

The adapters are provided in STL format; the idea is people can produce them independently with 3D printers.

Be neat to see LDraw versions of the models...

Print this item

Planning for Parts Update 2012-01
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2012-03-21, 7:19 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (22)

I am hoping to be able to issue Parts Update 2012-01 within the next couple of weeks. That means I might be posting a small number requests in this thread for priority review of files that are needed to make a coherent release.

1) I'd like Minifig Coin with "10" Gothic Type to be released with its 1, 2, 5 denomination versions, which are all ready for admin review. It would be good if the re-titled Sans-serif versions could go out at the same time.

Print this item

BBCode tag for inserting a part image
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2012-03-20, 19:44 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (8)

I've been working on a simple extension to learn the ropes of module creation for the Forums. I choose something simple that I thought would be useful, a BBCode tag to insert a part image based on the number.

Example:
[datimage 3001.dat]

Here's my hang up: how to handle official/unofficial parts. I've changed my mind several times on this so I thought I'd open it up for discussion instead of imposing my will on everyone else. What I have now is this:
[datimage unofficial 3001.dat]
If unofficial is left out the code assumes you want the official image.

Also, I'd like to have the default output be nothing if the part referenced doesn't exist. I'm not quite sure how to test for a broken link with PHP so if anyone can help me out, that would be awesome.

Print this item

Brickworld Chicago 2012
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2012-03-19, 15:40 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - No Replies

I'm attending Brickworld Chicago this year. As in past years I'm going to give my Intro to Ldraw presentation but are there any other topics that you might like to see?

Also, I'm going to have an LDraw display for public day. I'd like to have some fresh rendering for use instead of rehashing the old MOTM/SOTM images.

Any other thoughts?

Print this item

Call for votes: Leading or trailing white space characters in file names
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-03-19, 14:47 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (6)

Please vote on the proposal below. Please modify the Subject to include your name and vote, in addition to giving your vote in the text.

Update the LDraw.org File Format Version 1.0.0 in the following way:

Replace

' Wrote:Every line of the file contains one command. With few exceptions, every command is independent of other lines. The exceptions are the BFC meta-commands which modify the behaviour of one or more following command lines. There is no line length restriction. The whitespace characters allowed for keyword and parameter separation include spaces and tabs. Every command starts with a number, called a line type. The function and format of the line is determined by the line type.

with

' Wrote:Basic parsing / file content

An LDraw file consists of one command per line. There is no line length restriction. Each command consists of optional leading whitespace followed by whitespace-delimited tokens. Some commands also have trailing arbitrary data which may itself include internal whitespace; such data is not tokenized, but treated as single unit according to the command.

Whitespace is defined as one or more spaces (#32), tabs (#9), or combination thereof.

Lines may also be empty or consist only of whitespace. Such lines have no effect.

If a line is non-empty, the first token must be an integer from the list of valid Line Type numbers. This number dictates further parsing of tokens for that line. The parsing rules per linetype follow below.

Replace

' Wrote:<file> is the filename of the sub-file referenced and must be a valid LDraw filename.

with

' Wrote:<file> is the filename of the sub-file referenced and must be a valid LDraw filename. Any leading and/or trailing whitespace must be ignored. Normal token separation is otherwise disabled for the filename value.

Print this item

30485pb01 Windscreen 8 x 6 x 3 Curved Top Angled Canopy Pattern, how to finish?
Posted by: Daniel Goerner - 2012-03-19, 7:27 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (42)

This is what I want:
[Image: 30485pb01.gif].

The problem is, most of the printed area shown above uses primitives, and is also bent in a way that slicerpro can't handle (in a satifying way), or am I wrong? Any ideas how I could start (except rebuliding the part from scratch)?

Oh, and if we find a way, I would do this one also:
[Image: 30485pb02.gif]

Print this item

Background color for sticker substrate
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-03-16, 20:16 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (8)

Moving this http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...81#pid3781 over here:

Quote:The sticker is a 0.25 LDU thin box (or whatever shape sticker is in), oriented such that the top face is at -0.25 Y and parallel with the X-Z plane. The pattern is on the top face; the other (five) sides of the box correspond to main background colour of the sticker pattern (i.e. the predominant colour of the pattern at its edges). If there isn't a predominant colour at the edges of the sticker, the actual colour of the sticker material should be used instead (usually white).

to

Quote:The sticker is a 0.25 LDU thin box (or whatever shape sticker is in), without any linetypes 2 (edgelines) and coloured with main color 16. The sticker is oriented such that the top face is at -0.25 Y and parallel with the X-Z plane. The pattern with the hardcoded colours is on the top face.

Thoughts? What comes to my mind is how do we tight the first paragraph to the second, counting in that color 16 in patterns is allowed only for transparent colors. I'd like to - if possible - separate the pattern from the substrate. To make it short the first paragraph defines the substrate, the second the pattern.

w.

Print this item