Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,034
» Latest member: Jack Ko
» Forum threads: 5,503
» Forum posts: 47,356

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 580 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 573 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
5 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 47
Technic 2019
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
11 hours ago
» Replies: 36
» Views: 29,074
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 14:49
» Replies: 40
» Views: 2,384
Part request: 553pb032 - ...
Last Post: Franklin W. Cain
Yesterday, 14:27
» Replies: 1
» Views: 40
Studio Connectivity Data
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
2024-04-18, 20:13
» Replies: 22
» Views: 7,646
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-04-18, 19:29
» Replies: 2
» Views: 176
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
2024-04-18, 18:19
» Replies: 2
» Views: 132
Calculate the individual ...
Forum: Off-Topic
Last Post: Manfred Schaefer
2024-04-18, 17:15
» Replies: 3
» Views: 313
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-18, 14:50
» Replies: 11
» Views: 2,491
Part request: 18392pb04 -...
Last Post: Anthony
2024-04-18, 8:06
» Replies: 0
» Views: 64

190145 Sticker Yellow Box with Arrows
Posted by: Rafael Skibicki - 2012-07-29, 3:25 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (11)

I haven't spend long time with LDraw. If summed up, it would probably be few days total, despite the fact that I discovered it over 4 years ago (or more? but I only remember BlockCAD before). Yet I'm still amazed by this whole project, who was started by Mr. Jessiman: thousands of parts made by dozens of people, all for free. Whenever I benefit from such thing, I try to say "thank you" by contributing, at least a little. And what's better than a new block?
As if the strict quality requirements weren't enough, I was completely put off by the unique format and tools required (I hate the fact I can't import files from popular 3D/2Dvector editors). I do have some basic experience with 3D modeling, but this format/tools mean steep learning curve, and when I finally get there, it's not very useful to put in resume (in contrast to 3DStudio etc.).

Now lo and behold what happens to your brain when you're unemployed... I've started working on a missing sticker!

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/190145

For my mobile crane. At least one more set uses the same.

Maybe it's just temporary insanity (and can be cured), so I don't promise I'll finish it.

[Image: 190145a.png]

Info:
*I don't have this sticker/set. I'm using this peeron image for reference, scaled to match width of 1x4 brick (that danger stripes sticker next to it).
*I work with MLCAD ...because I know it. That's what I liked the most 4 years ago. Don't know what's better today.
*I draw first in "normal" vector graphics editor, then copy&paste vertex coordinates.
*That sticker has transparent background, which I think shouldn't be modeled in ldraw (just the drawing).

Questions:
*I assume overlapping is forbidden? (say, for outlined square: small square on big square would be so much easier than constructing an outline from four rectangles)
*Do I have to split it in half and mirror it? (because it's symmetric: 1 arrow and half a box)

Print this item

Suggestion: change library archive file names
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2012-07-28, 22:38 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (7)

One thing I would really like to see is a better name for the main library archives.

For example:

LDraw-2012_2-Official-Full.zip
LDraw-2012_2-Official-Inc.zip
LDraw-2012_2-Unofficia-Fulll.zip
etc

or
LDraw-20120729-Official-Full.zip
LDraw-20120729-Unofficial-Full.zip
etc

Print this item

Main LDraw.org Website bugs/feature requests/todo list - Please read before posting.
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2012-07-28, 19:25 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (17)

A summation of bug reports and feature requests.
Please do not reply to this topic with suggestions. Instead post them as a separate topic.

Requests:

• Reinstitute the Model of the Month, Scene of the Month, and other contests
  • Have an Official Model Repository module

Known Bugs:
  • None, yet

Print this item

Technic Part Request (Anchor)
Posted by: Oh-Seong KWON - 2012-07-28, 11:10 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (44)

This is an anchor for technic part request for me or anyone who loves technic.

Print this item

LEGO Classic Castle
Posted by: Rafael Skibicki - 2012-07-28, 1:11 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (7)

How about grouping Castle sets in this thread? I suggest we limit themes to 1980s, maybe up to ~1992:

(plain Legoland)
Crusaders
Black Falcons
Black Knights
Forestmen
Wolfpack

I'd say if they have kite shields (instead of regular "heater-shaped"), they're new themes (with large catalog) which should get separate threads.

Print this item

wrong image size?
Posted by: Steffen - 2012-07-28, 0:24 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (1)

is it just me, or is there something wrong with the image inclusion of ldraw images from peeron?

to me, the big image looks distorted here:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/973p1d

is that a peeron problem or an ldraw server problem?

just curious

Print this item

Pattern for 30483.dat - Minifig Head Wookiee
Posted by: Reuben Pearse - 2012-07-27, 19:20 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (2)

Hi there,

I was wondering if there was a corresponding pattern part to go with 30483.dat "Minifig Head Wookiee with Bandolier"?

The Lego model shown here has silver bits on his bandolier and he has a black nose.

Bye for now

Reuben

=====================================
Download 3D Lego models and other resources from:
http://www.pearse.co.uk/lego
=====================================

Print this item

I made a new convert
Posted by: Rafael Skibicki - 2012-07-27, 0:53 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (1)

I couldn't help but to post about LDraw at a certain forum I frequent. It's more related to computer games or history of warfare, yet it has a small modeling section (scale models, RC), where people occasionally post things like this Kamov Ka-50.

I went to describe the "virtual blocks experience" briefly, as for someone who hadn't tried anything similar before, pointing how to start.

Most people usually react "oh, that's cool" - best case. But at least one of them surprised me by... posting within one day POV-ray renders of a properly assembled set. So I managed to hook at least one person to LDraw!

By the way: could anyone give a fair comparison of LDraw to LDD? e.g: part library size? Last time I checked it was 4 years ago, I'm sure it evolved by now.

Print this item

Offline Parts Catalogue
Posted by: eeyore - 2012-07-26, 19:47 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (64)

Hi all
I'm new to the program and have to say I'm loving every second I use of it.
The only issue I have really is that as a new person I'm having a bit of a mission finding the parts I want. I know there are websites with parts and bigger pictures of them but is there a Catalogue for off line use?

I mainly use the Lego cad on my laptop (big screen and lots of ram!) and normally out of 3G signal so i would find a sort of PDF parts catalogue really usefull if there is one.

Print this item

Where to link for an overview of specifications
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2012-07-26, 10:07 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (6)

The Parts Tracker has a main navigation link to LDraw Specifcations (which is currently a dead link to http://www.ldraw.org/modules.php?op=modl...le&sid=292). On the new site I can only see leaf pages for each specification item (e.g. http://www.ldraw.org/article/218.html) even though the breadcrumb trail (Home > Documentation > File Format Standards > File Format 1.0.2) implies the existance of intermediate nodes.

Is there (or can there be) a direct link to Documentation or Official Library Standards?

Print this item