Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,438
» Latest member: lego
» Forum threads: 5,673
» Forum posts: 48,474

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 315 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 310 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, 3CFigs

Latest Threads
Adding a file header.
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Chris Böhnke
1 hour ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 145
Rubber DBG missing from L...
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Willy Tschager
7 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 66
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Javier Orquera
11 hours ago
» Replies: 14
» Views: 5,916
Trying to find multiple p...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Jeff Jones
Yesterday, 11:09
» Replies: 3
» Views: 96
Part Request: BEAST'S HAI...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: 3CFigs
2024-09-27, 23:00
» Replies: 0
» Views: 209
[LDPE] 1.8.89 Released (b...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-09-27, 18:18
» Replies: 1
» Views: 60
5555 - Flag 3 1/2 x 2 Tri...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
2024-09-27, 16:42
» Replies: 2
» Views: 93
Town and Trains 1993
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-09-27, 16:03
» Replies: 29
» Views: 17,932
Using downloaded .dat fil...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Lawford
2024-09-26, 20:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 247
[LDPE] 1.8.88 Released (h...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
2024-09-26, 19:27
» Replies: 9
» Views: 241

Request - open links in new tab/window
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2013-09-20, 19:38 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (22)

I would like to have the links in the posts to be opened in a new tab/window, so I can close that tab/window and can still read the post to the end.

I know that i can use the back button of the browser, but I think if you use external links, they should never close the calling page.

cu
Mike

Print this item

Thumbs Up Electric wire brick
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2013-09-20, 0:17 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

I find the existing electric wire brick (5306.dat) somewhat weird.

I would like to have a second version in the official library without the wire stump. That way it is usable for curved wires without breaking coloring (the stump uses hardcoded poly and edge colors).

This could be fixed by moving the main body of this part to a subpart so the 5306 itself consists out of a single ref and the stump stuff (for backwards comp).

I could then use the subpart in my LDCad's deform generator without having weird color stuff going on (bricks 0, wire 16), it also makes sharper bends at the start of wires possible.

edit: Also the wire should be round and not square imho

Hope this makes sense, thanks.

Print this item

Primitive Reference errors
Posted by: Ronald Vallenduuk - 2013-09-17, 23:31 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (1)

I hope this is the right place to post this. I've found some errors in the Primitive Reference.
box3-7a.dat
As mentioned earlier (in a different thread) the description mentions "has a size of ... 1LDu in the {y} dimension". It actually measures 2LDU in the {y} dimension like its cousin box3-3.dat, as is clear from the image.

rect3.dat
The description here says "...excludes one edge {+x}". However the missing edge is {-z}.

Print this item

Train track part overhaul
Posted by: Ronald Vallenduuk - 2013-09-15, 8:56 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (4)

I've started work on 85976, Train Track Narrow Curved. Because the connector is the same size I wondered if I could reuse some of the 9V track parts. That got my studying 2865s04.dat, Train Track 9V - Interlocking Track End. There's a lot wrong with that part; overlapping surfaces, T-junctions. After I commented in PT Michael suggested I fix the issues.
That's when I noticed there many versions of this part:
Official 2865s04.dat, Unofficial 2865s04.dat, 2865s04a.dat, 2865s04l.dat, 2865s04r.dat
They have different histories although they're based on the same original design. There are differences from fixing BFC but also small size differences.
Finally this part is specific to 9V track.
If I'm reworking this part to get rid of the technical faults I'd like take the opportunity to make it suitable for both 9V and RC. That would mean transferring a small part of the rail to the main track part. That way it should be possible to have just one subfile for all 9V and RC track pieces rather than a straight, left and right variant.
Is it ok to change 74746, 74747, 32087, 2859 and 2861? How would I keep the changes in synch?

Print this item

Part 44136 Requst
Posted by: komin - 2013-09-15, 8:36 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (7)

hi

I'm looking for these part

http://www.brickset.com/parts/?part=4227282
http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=44136
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/44136

I hope that someone will create these parts

thanks

Print this item

DesignID, ItemID or partnumber ?
Posted by: Magnus Forsberg - 2013-09-14, 12:05 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (20)

I wrote this at the Part Tracker:

Isn't it time for some sort of definitive definition here?

7-digit number <=> ItemID <=> Part Physical_Colour <=> beginning with _ (underscore)
5-digit number <=> DesignID <=> Part Alias <=> beginning with = (equal to)
old design in a new mould, leading to a new partnumber, is a Part Alias <=> beginning with = (equal to)
partnumber only used for transparent parts <=> Part Alias <=> beginning with = (equal to)
partnumber only used for laquered parts <=> Part Alias <=> beginning with = (equal to)

Or am I totally wrong? I still find the difference between itemID, designID and our partnumbers very confusing.

and Philo answered:

Quote:Magnus, I'd suggest to put this on the forum for future reference...
Basically this is OK. A design number is _mainly_ a mold number, while item number is a shape in a specified color.
Unfortunately, LEGO also use 5 digits design numbers for patterned parts and sometimes (eg. hoses) for specific colors.

Print this item

Thumbs Up Request on 47904
Posted by: Tobias Staeudel - 2013-09-11, 15:57 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

Hi Guys,

i'm looking for the part 47904 and either i'm too stupid to find it in the database or it's just not available.

Would be nice if anybody could help me.

Cheers

Stinger

Print this item

Re: LEGO Color Overview / Comparison / Charts
Posted by: Arthur Sigg - 2013-09-10, 19:10 - Forum: Parts Authoring - No Replies

NCS - Natural Color System

With a "Color Wheel" - like decribed in the article from Niels Bugge - there is no chance to catch all the distinguishable colors. NCS defines a Color Space in the shape of a Double Cone with vertical axis
- Saturated Hues placed at the outermost circle of the double cone
- Achromatic Colors on the Rotation Axis of the Double Cone with White on the top cone tip and Black at the bottom cone tip
- Color Nuances inside the Double Cone space layered on triangle plane with the corners Hue - White - Black
Look at the incredible architecture of this Color System
Logic behind the System

Not only a theoretical system - in the Web-Shop you will find the NCS Album containing 1950 removable printed colors sheets, each unique color example three times in the format A6 ! Ok, unfortunately not payable for an AFOL who is using all his available money for Bricks ...

I know, this product does not solve any "plastic color problem" but it is a professional system with unique identification of a recognized color and it is worth keeping an eye on. I own a similar Album with 186 hand-colored removable samples. It was produced by Chromos Verlag (Dr. Aemilius Mueller) 1958 for Swiss schools, it's color identification code is less usable then the one of NCS but it is still amazing !

Hope you enjoy,
Arthur

NB: Sorry for the wrong placement, should be positioned as an answer to "LEGO Color Overview / Comparison / Charts"

Print this item

LSculpt used on LEGO Star Wars: Yoda Chronicles?
Posted by: Travis Cobbs - 2013-09-10, 4:44 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (1)

I almost posted this in off-topic, but LSculpt is an LDraw tool, so I decided to put it here.

A pink Stanford Bunny showed up in LEGO Star Wars: Yoda Chronicles, and it looks an awful lot like LSculpt was used to create it. See the following images:
[Image: MRnJpC4.jpg]
[Image: fRdbdfq.jpg]
[Image: t19WRc0.jpg]

(Sorry about the low quality; the pictures were taken of my TV using an iPod Touch. They get the point across, though.)

Does anyone know if this really was done with LSculpt?

Print this item

Thumbs Up New modified Jumper Plate 1 x 2 15573
Posted by: Arthur Sigg - 2013-09-09, 20:23 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

Hi,

Only a information

The Jumper that warms my heart

Arthur

Print this item