Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,463
» Latest member: sofia10
» Forum threads: 5,680
» Forum posts: 48,546

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 337 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 332 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Twitter

Latest Threads
Writing .dat to .obj conv...
Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion
Last Post: sofia10
35 minutes ago
» Replies: 8
» Views: 10,578
LDView 4.5 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Eugen
4 hours ago
» Replies: 27
» Views: 8,322
Flag 2 x 2 with Blue and ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
5 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
Looking for a simple (fre...
Forum: Off-Topic
10 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 11,727
FreeStyle 1995-1998
Forum: Official Models
11 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 97
Datsville
Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations)
Today, 2:35
» Replies: 54
» Views: 94,003
Milky Way Magic Chest 199...
Yesterday, 23:52
» Replies: 2
» Views: 105
New moulds with hollow st...
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
Yesterday, 13:14
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6,845
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
Yesterday, 7:34
» Replies: 23
» Views: 6,319
Town and Trains 1993
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-10-04, 16:27
» Replies: 31
» Views: 19,050

Is this a LPub bug?
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-02-20, 12:15 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (6)

I am using LPub to create instructions as attachments, can you tell me why?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

Bricklink: 3D images based on LDraw library, powered by Brigl
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2014-02-19, 15:05 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (6)

See for ex. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=62531 and click on 3D viewer.
A exclamation mark (!) below a thumbnail image indicates that there are 3D viewer and image.

Print this item

New LDraw tools for parts authors: Unrectifier and Flipper
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2014-02-18, 13:05 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (9)

I started these programs a few months ago, but it took me some time to iron out some bugs... and ages to be motivated enough to write documentation! Neither of them will revolutionize the art of LDraw parts authoring, but they can be helpful nonetheless!

As usual, documentation, source code and Windows executables are available (links below).

Enjoy!

Philo

[Image: ur1.gif]
Rectifier is a useful tool to consolidate triangles into quads and to keep file size down, but doing so make further improvements to the file more difficult. Unrectifier does the opposite, it expands Rect primitives into quads + lines, and split quads into triangle pairs. By default Unrectifier operates on the whole file, but it can also limit itself to key-colored elements. With some limitations, it is also able to update condlines around modified areas.

[Image: fl1.gif]
Flipper allows to flip a pair of triangles (change abc + SPAM CONTENT into abd + dca). This helps in some areas of "organic" meshes (eg. hair pieces) to make them smoother (or on the contrary to create a crease to add an edge line). Flipper operates on colored pairs of triangles, thus allows the user to choose the triangle pairs to swap. With some limitations, it is also able to update condlines around modified areas.

Print this item

Rim 15038
Posted by: Max Martin Richter - 2014-02-17, 17:50 - Forum: Off-Topic - Replies (2)

Hej,
today I was visiting my local LEGO Dealer and got some time to look into his box for rims. I found some rims of set 41999. Okay, that's nothing special, but while doing second look, I found this:
[Image: 5649-1392658675.jpg]
[sub]Please note, that the rim on the right side is correct. The rim on the left side is a misprint - the other side of this rim is not printed.[/sub]

:-D

/Max

Print this item

98284.dat error
Posted by: Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen - 2014-02-14, 8:36 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (12)

Hi

I have just found out that the part 98284 has an error. The center is show way of to the side.
I have just downloaded the newest complete.zip file from this site and the file included has the same error.
I have manually corrected this on the .dat file.
But when i start both ldview and lpub the bot still show the part with the center at a wrong position.
Does anyone know how i get lpub and ldview to show the part correct?

Print this item

How to get parts list withour grouping by sub models?
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-02-11, 14:28 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (24)

I am usingMLCad to create my train and I created a parts list, but they are grouped by sub models, I think this is not easy to use, can I get a fll parts list without grouped?

Print this item

How to remove BOM in ldr file?
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-02-10, 10:53 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (3)

I export a LDD file to ldd file then open it in MLCad, but there is a BOM at last page, I didn't insert BOM, how can I remove this BOM?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

How to find angles from matrix
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2014-02-09, 13:08 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - No Replies

There has been several questions been made in the past for this theme.

The attached file is a pdf file zipped.

The file is taken from this link.

In my last project I used this quite well. The decision which of the two sets of values should be used I simply add the 3 abs values for each set and take the lower sum set.

I'll leave this here for future use of the community.

Attached Files
.zip   rotation_matrix_to_euler.zip (Size: 80.53 KB / Downloads: 2)
Print this item

How to convert orientation in PLI ?
Posted by: Zhengrong Zang - 2014-02-08, 14:29 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

I am a new to use LPub creating instructions, now I have a touch sensor in PLI, I want to in differt orientation, for example, if I want view the yellow button on fr of otouch sensor, how can I config it in PLI.mpd?

1 16 180 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 879.dat

Attached Files
.jpg   image.jpg (Size: 2.62 KB / Downloads: 1)
Print this item

Design your own Lego character contest on Sketchfab
Posted by: Sketchfab team - 2014-02-07, 16:58 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - No Replies

Hey everyone!

We wanted to let you know that we'll be hosting a "Design your own Lego character" contest this weekend! We call these three day, fast modeling contests "Sketchfasts."

If you're not familiar with us, Sketchfab is a web platform for publishing and sharing your interactive 3D models. Basically, we're trying to build a Youtube for 3D files.

Here is the link to the blog post about the contest - it should be really fun, and we want you guys to get as creative as possible with your characters. Props are more than welcome!

Cheers,

The Sketchfab Team

Print this item