Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,057
» Latest member: Drago Lujić
» Forum threads: 5,510
» Forum posts: 47,403

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 753 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 745 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, sambal04

Latest Threads
Request for 102735
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
9 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 263
Creator 2023
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
Yesterday, 11:49
» Replies: 7
» Views: 790
Super Heroes sets
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
Yesterday, 11:44
» Replies: 7
» Views: 3,404
Set 10270 Bookshop
Last Post: Vincent Messenet
Yesterday, 6:25
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,097
Parts for Beekeeper Minif...
Last Post: Jason Osicki
2024-04-25, 20:56
» Replies: 2
» Views: 123
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
2024-04-25, 11:55
» Replies: 3
» Views: 405
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
2024-04-24, 21:03
» Replies: 6
» Views: 328
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-24, 15:49
» Replies: 14
» Views: 3,575
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-04-23, 18:40
» Replies: 0
» Views: 373
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
2024-04-23, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 163

Datsville bottom and top layers
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2016-09-24, 21:06 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - No Replies

Currently, Datsville is split into city blocks. Each block is then split into top and bottom layers. The bottom layer has grass, driveways and other stuff you walk on. The top layer has buildings, trees and other stuff that is above the ground.

I did this because when converting Datsville into 2D video game sprites, you need this separation of layers or else your player character will walk over walls and underneath driveways, for instance.

The problem is that editing the blocks becomes a chore, since you can't edit all the layers at the same time. They are stored in separate files.

Is there an alternate way of using the concept of "layers" that I'm missing? Something in the LDraw specs I'm not aware of?

Thanks!

Print this item

LPub3D - Insert Model usage
Posted by: Kevin - 2016-09-23, 8:10 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

Trevor,

Could you explain how the INSERT MODEL command works?  I'm not getting the results I expect when using it twice within a set of instructions that use part fading.  My model has two different attachments, and I'd to include a non-faded image of the entire model with the first attachment and with the second attachment.

It works the way I expect with the first attachment, but when I do the INSERT MODEL with the second attachment (after a BUFFER RETRIEVE), I get the model with the first attachment, not the second.  I've attached the page images to demonstrate the problem.

Here is the model with the first attachment, displaying correctly:

And here is the model with the second attachment, not displaying correctly:

The source .mpd file is attached.  It's the same .mpd as in my previous thread.

Thank you.

Kevin

Attached Files
.mpd   HobermanStand_2.mpd (Size: 165.27 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

LPub3D - Inconsistent PLI counts
Posted by: Kevin - 2016-09-23, 7:57 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

I'm in the final stages of completing instructions for a model, and I've noticed an inconsistency between part counts in submodels and part counts in call-outs where multiple instances are involved.

For submodels, the PLI part counts reflect only one instance of the submodel, even if multiple instances are used in the same step.  The instance count is correct, and it appears that the BOM has the correct total number of parts.

In contrast, the PLI part counts for call-outs include all instances of the call-out in that step.  Again, BOM part counts appear to be correct.

I have attached my .mpd file if you would like to see an example.  Page 10 shows the behavior of a 2-instance submodel with PLI part counts for a single instance.  Page 34 shows the behavior of two 2-instance call-outs where the PLI part counts are for all instances.

Is this the normal function of LPub3D, or do I have an error in my .mpd file?

Please note that this is not new behavior with version 2.0.12.  I see it in the PDFs I generated using previous releases of LPub3D.

Thank you.

Kevin

Attached Files
.mpd   HobermanStand_2.mpd (Size: 165.27 KB / Downloads: 3)
Print this item

Quick reply breaks threading in hybrid view
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2016-09-23, 3:21 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (2)

Quick reply breaks threading in the hybrid view.  How should it behave?  Thoughts?

Print this item

"View This Week's Posts" only goes back 24 hrs
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2016-09-23, 1:19 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (13)

The "View This Week's Posts" link only goes back as far as 24 hours. We are missing the other 6 days.

Print this item

Lg_Color #40 defs
Posted by: Tom Burger - 2016-09-23, 0:34 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - No Replies

i have been working for years, even back then when i was still rendering under the grapeape name on brickshelf

heres my latest work on one of the hardest colors to get right in my opinion.

// 40
#declare lg_clear_brown = texture {
 // pigment { rgbft <25/255, 24/255, 20/255, .9, .1>
 // /\ darker  10%
// pigment { rgbft <51/255, 49/255, 42/255, .9, .3>
 // /\ darker  20%  

//      pigment { rgbft <53/255, 50/255, 38/255, .9, .3>
 // /\ photo color match  
   pigment { rgbft <99/255, 95/255, 82/255, .9, .85>   
 // /\ original color 39% bright 9/2016
  #if (lg_quality > 1)
   filter 0.8
  #end
 }
 finish { lg_transparent_finish }
}

heres one of my latest renders with the smoke color.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/GrapeA...m3222a.png

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.25 Beta-Test for Windows XP
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2016-09-21, 22:12 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (2)

Hi :)

sadly, I was not able to launch my recent build of LDPE (0.8.25) on my Windows XP virtual machine.
It would be nice if someone tries to start the new version on an old machine (which has a dedicated graphics card).

You can find the archive here (32-bit only):

https://github.com/nilsschmidt1337/ldpar...32_x86.zip

Leg godt

Nils

Print this item

forum groups
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2016-09-20, 20:29 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (1)

I think there is something wrong with the forum group rights,.

I just noticed I can view (and probably post, but didn't try) the steering co group while I'm not a member of that group.

Print this item

Wiki missing features
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2016-09-17, 21:05 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (2)

I'm trying to create a table with footnotes.

http://wiki.ldraw.org/index.php?title=So...comparison

The footnotes don't work at all!

Can someone fix this?

Mike

Print this item

Search Delay
Posted by: Travis Cobbs - 2016-09-17, 4:11 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (5)

Does the forum need the 30-second delay between successive searches for registered users? Sometimes I'll search for something, and after getting too many results, I'll immediately try to be more specific in my search, but it forces me to wait 30 seconds in that case. It's not the end of the world, but it's inconvenient.

Print this item