Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,076
» Latest member: Csoka Natan
» Forum threads: 5,525
» Forum posts: 47,474

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 530 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 522 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Gerald Lasser, Orion Pobursky

Latest Threads
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2 hours ago
» Replies: 20
» Views: 25,049
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
4 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 24
[split] New Sticker Sheet...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
2024-05-03, 21:14
» Replies: 7
» Views: 138
03 May 2024 "500 Server E...
2024-05-03, 12:38
» Replies: 1
» Views: 62
Starting into Parts Autho...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
2024-05-03, 1:20
» Views: 97
Suffix codes
2024-05-03, 1:01
» Views: 46
Eyesight on Linux
Forum: Rendering Techniques
Last Post: Sylvain Sauvage
2024-05-02, 14:52
» Views: 70
Custom parts/stickers for...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2024-05-02, 10:19
» Replies: 1
» Views: 132
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Dmitry
2024-05-02, 5:14
» Replies: 23
» Views: 36,055
Rendering error/scratchy ...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Thomas Turgyt
2024-05-01, 20:39
» Views: 72

How to render black pins?
Posted by: Waclav Fort - 2017-04-29, 20:09 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (3)

Hi, friends.

How can i render black pins and havy wight edges, like lego-style?

[Image: clip2.png]

Print this item

LEGO Cable Car in LDCad
Posted by: Mark Verbeek - 2017-04-29, 19:33 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (4)

Hey All,

recently I started browsing trough this forum and concluded that here would an excellent place to tell (and get some feedback) about my project I've been working on. 

So what I try to do is to build a cable car of the model funitel, this is a cable car with one cable looped twice, so each gondola has two cables where it 

I started this project digitally in LDD but soon became I limited by the grouping of parts and making of modules. Since this project has a lot of repetition, modularity is a must. I started with setting modules in separate LDD files be this became cumbersome and created merge issues and so forth. Therefore I converted all files into LDR files with one file for each module, allowing for easy reuse. 

The current status of this project is that it for 80% complete (I guess). There are 18000+ parts used, grouped into 89 unique modules. The use of LDCad allows me to easily swap between files and work quickly between the modules. Also, I (mis-)use the pneumatic hoses as cable to complete the picture. 

my to do list:
- I'm working on getting some animation done, I hope to get everything animated but that will take a while. 
- Finishing the valley station as only a skeleton build now
- Adding an environment, (forest and ski slopes) and some architectural designs.

Finally a render of all described above: 

[Image: CableCarAtNight.jpg]
POV-ray export from LDCad 1.6, I removed the default lighting and added lights as part of an one-stud part I placed on places in the model where I wanted a light.

Print this item

15496 LegoMinifig, Utensil Cup, Take Out Cup
Posted by: Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen - 2017-04-27, 5:06 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Hi

Could you please make this cup?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...96#T=C&C=1

Kind Regards
Knud

Print this item

30298 Windscreen 10 x 14 x 2 2/3 Roll Cage (missing?)
Posted by: Stephen Wilkins - 2017-04-24, 0:18 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (16)

I was looking at some Rock Raiders sets for 3D modeling and was a bit surprised to find out that this part doesn't exist.

[Image: 30298.1082915871.jpg]

However, on BrickLink, this image is posted:

[Image: 30298.png]

Which appears to be a digital render of the part. I have contacted the uploader of the image, but he said that he got that image from the LDraw parts library......but the part's not there. At least not now. That image was posted ~16 years ago (shortly after Rock Raiders was actually around).

I've searched high and low, but I can't find the part. The other Rock Raiders parts are there, including 30299, the cockpit that fits this roll cage. But for some reason, this one part isn't.

If anyone could find this part (if it exists), or would be able to make it, that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Stephen

Print this item

Looking for iPad testers
Posted by: Paul Griffin - 2017-04-22, 13:08 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (12)

I'm quite excited to be nearing completion of a LEGO model (Ldraw-compatible) editor for iPad and I am looking for anyone who would be willing to do a little bit of beta testing of my app.

If this sounds like something up your alley, please shoot me a PM with your e-mail and I can set you up with TestFlight once it makes it through Apple.

Note that iPhones would also work, but I would only recommend testing for a larger-screeen iPhone (generally, iPhone 6 and newer).

[Image: NMyWUgY.jpg]
[Image: 77cbxUP.jpg]

Print this item

Thumbs Up 95330pb01 LegoMinifig, Utensil Axe with Red Head and Silver Blade Pattern
Posted by: Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen - 2017-04-20, 6:12 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (8)

I cant find this part anywhere.
Could you please make it ??

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...30pb01#T=C

Print this item

14520 Brick, Modified 2 x 4 - 1 x 4 with 2 Recessed Studs and Thin Side Arches
Posted by: Nathan S - 2017-04-19, 3:50 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (5)

Greetings, I was a little surprised not to find this part in the database at all.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...5#T=P&C=85

Print this item

Request for a Bionicle part: 87846
Posted by: RickyKckao - 2017-04-18, 14:12 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Hi everyone,

I've searched the list in Part Tracker, and I can't find this "87846 Large Figure Tail". So, I come here to ask for help.

[Image: 9280ff2239b4529d35edd30ff5f03140.jpg]

Part Detail
Item Number: 87846
Item Name: Large Figure Tail
Link to BrickLink: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...=87846#T=C
Link to Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/parts/87846/larg...ben-10/15/

I am grateful for your help. Thank you.

Print this item

43722 & 43723
Posted by: James Hayward - 2017-04-17, 10:07 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Hi

I am relatively new to this, so I may have just failed to find these parts, but I don't seem to be able to find 43722 (Right Plate 2x3 with Angle) or 43723 (Left Plate 2x3 with Angle).  I've tried looking under "without corner" as that seems to be the convention in the library, but no joy.

If anyone has the time, could they either point out my mistake or create these parts for me?

Thanks

James

Print this item

I am unable to access my private messages
Posted by: End Unsure - 2017-04-14, 20:04 - Forum: Help - Replies (13)

Hey guys, I've been a member here for about a week now and still can't access my private messages. It says:

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

any ideas as to why?

Just to rule out the obvious, while it is that I had some trouble with it I am pretty sure I have activated my account, I mean I can post after all.

Print this item