Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,056
» Latest member: de Jong
» Forum threads: 5,510
» Forum posts: 47,403

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 803 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 796 Guest(s)
Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, Nils Schmidt, Rene Rechthaler

Latest Threads
Request for 102735
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
3 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 230
Creator 2023
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
6 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 747
Super Heroes sets
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
6 hours ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 3,362
Set 10270 Bookshop
Last Post: Vincent Messenet
11 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,093
Parts for Beekeeper Minif...
Last Post: Jason Osicki
Yesterday, 20:56
» Replies: 2
» Views: 119
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 11:55
» Replies: 3
» Views: 399
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
2024-04-24, 21:03
» Replies: 6
» Views: 320
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-24, 15:49
» Replies: 14
» Views: 3,552
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-04-23, 18:40
» Replies: 0
» Views: 368
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
2024-04-23, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 160

Part 13608
Posted by: Merlijn Wissink - 2017-03-12, 13:42 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

Is there anyone who can make part 13608? I believe it is available in LDD.
http://rebrickable.com/parts/13608/minif...diffusers/

I would appreciate it very much  Smile

Print this item

submodels & callouts
Posted by: Kathleen Kampf - 2017-03-11, 8:53 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (2)

When LPUB talks about converting "assembled callouts", how do you make them in the first place in MLCAD? Could someone please explain this and how it relates to submodels. I have seen the code for this and seen how to convert it in LPUB. My questiion is how did that "dat" code become an "ldr" code in MLCAD?

Print this item

Elves
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2017-03-10, 13:43 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (7)

Elves sets

Print this item

Part orientation mismatch
Posted by: Jetro de Château - 2017-03-07, 14:39 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (6)

I can feel a facepalm coming, but I'm going to ask anyway....

I'm having lots of "issues" while building models (mainly using LDCad) with parts being in the wrong direction.
I understand that in LDCad the part I add from the library is oriented in the same way as the part that is currently active in the build, but still the orientation is often wrong between different part types. 

If I am working with a Technic Brick I would expect a pin or an axle to be placed in the same direction as the holes in that beam. 
If I am working with an axle, I'd expect a bush to be in the same direction as the axle.

For some strange reason that eludes me they normally are not. How can I change this behaviour?

Print this item

Flickr embeds not working
Posted by: Michael Horvath - 2017-03-02, 2:19 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (1)

The Flickr embeds on the front page are not working properly. You can't click on them to see a larger view. You can only view the thumbnails.

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.29 Beta Released
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2017-03-01, 9:22 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (29)

Hi,

a new month starts with a new version!

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(7 new features and 2 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...

• ...use a tool that creates a vertex on line intersection.
  • ...use a "Create Copy" button for the transformation tools (translate / rotate / scale selection / set X,Y,Z)
  • ...see the manipulator while using the transformation tools (translate / rotate / scale selection / set X,Y,Z)
  • ...set the translation to the manipulator position (translate selection)
  • ...use "Set x/y/z" to set the origin of subfiles and primitives to x/y/z
  • ...benefit from the fact that colour changes to the main colour are updated after leaving the options menu.
  • ...benefit from the fact that the dialog for local rotation and scale transformations now initialises the pivot point with the manipulator position.
The following critical issues were fixed:

1. "Moved to" reference resolve function for subfiles, 8- and 48-primitives was incorrect.
  2. "More Colours..." did not work after the colour palette was reloaded.
What will the next release 0.8.30 deliver? Bug fixes, more header validation features, usability improvements...

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 100.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.
Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, LDPE 0.8.29 was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".
I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • 64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on a SSD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

Print this item

2017/2018 LDraw.org Steering Committee announced
Posted by: Max Martin Richter - 2017-03-01, 9:03 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - No Replies

Since we had only 5 confirmed nominees, no election is necessary

Therefore, the 2017/2018 LDraw.org Steering Committee [1] is:

Philippe Hurbain
Roland Melkert
Orion Pobursky
Max Martin Richter
Willy Tschager

[1] Try not to confuse the LDraw.org Steering Committee (SteerCo) with the LDraw.org Standards Board (LSB). The Steering Committee sets the course for the LDraw Organization while the Standards Board deals with the LDraw File Format.

Congratulations to the reconfirmed and new members!

Max Martin Richter
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

Print this item

LDCad 1.6 Beta 2 (win+linux)
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2017-02-26, 21:58 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (41)

With the completion of the 8860 animation I think the latest build of LDCad is good enough to be the Beta 2 release.

It includes numerous bugfixes, some minor tweaks and extensions. Most of the extensions are the direct result of me working on the 8860 animation and thus mainly oriented on scripting and animation playback.

http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/download

It also includes the backbone framework aniTools.lua, as used in the 8860 animation. So maybe others want to give animation a try too Smile

This should be the last beta of 1.6 , so I don't plan to make any big changes anymore before releasing the final 1.6 version.

I'm going to concentrate on updating the documentation for now.

Any suggestions for the next major version (ether 1.7 or 2.0, not sure yet) are welcome though.

Print this item

Animated Technic 8860 set
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2017-02-26, 18:53 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (1)

I finally completed my most complicated LDCad animation to date Smile

It is a fully animated 8860 LEGO technic 'super car' set.

You can watch it here (2:15 long).

https://youtu.be/Ea1iHCSPbqo

It is an OpenGL export, I was originally planning to do a POV-Ray rendering (I've got the POV file) but it would take over 200 hours to render as it would need very high radiosity settings to prevent background flickering.

This would result in 3750 frames of this quality:

[Image: 8860.png]

If anyone know of a way to reduce that flickering without having to crank the radiosity settings to 11 please let me know.

Print this item

LEGO's arch part redesigns
Posted by: Steffen - 2017-02-26, 12:49 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (2)

I just found this very interesting article about
LEGO's arch part redesigns:

http://www.newelementary.com/2014/03/you...-arch.html

Print this item