Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,054
» Latest member: Sandro
» Forum threads: 5,510
» Forum posts: 47,391

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 659 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 653 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Parts for Beekeeper Minif...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Matthew
8 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 27
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
11 hours ago
» Replies: 6
» Views: 150
Super Heroes sets
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
Yesterday, 18:29
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,217
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 15:49
» Replies: 14
» Views: 3,398
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-04-23, 18:40
» Views: 281
Request for 102735
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
2024-04-23, 4:56
» Replies: 3
» Views: 185
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
2024-04-23, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 146
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-04-22, 18:39
» Replies: 22
» Views: 35,546
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Last Post: Gerald Lasser
2024-04-21, 16:16
» Replies: 4
» Views: 852
LPub3D and highlight step
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Leszek
2024-04-21, 10:01
» Views: 102

Lpub3D - display brick ID in BOM?
Posted by: davidvc - 2017-05-01, 22:55 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (1)

Hi. Is there any way to have ID/part number of each brick display in BOM in Lpub3D?

Currently the BOM in Lpub3D only shows picture and quantity of each brick.

Prefer not to type in the ID/part number manually, as it is too time consuming

ThanksSmile

Print this item

UFO DBL-X Wing Battle Cruiser
Posted by: End Unsure - 2017-05-01, 17:46 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (1)

This is an original ship I designed for the UFO sub-theme. It features:

Two minifigure seats (one for pilot, one for gunner) with two opening hatches two cockpits.

A large under cannon that can shoot in a full hemisphere under the vessel. The only place safe is above it. It also has 4 smaller cannons on the front.

Areas I'm particularly proud of include:
Well the damn cannon obviously bc that's just cool.
The 8 Wing design (see rear image)
The hose work and engine design
How genuinely close it looks to being an actual part of the UFO sub-theme.

Only the cannon really separates it from the UFO sub-theme, as no UFO had such a weapon, but it would have fit in pretty well. I think it would have looked a little different but I'm not quite sure how, more grey probably.

Anyways I like the black. It also lacks the typical UFO landing gear, it would not fit due to the cannon. Instead the ship will eventually receive a different docking system which I will unveil when its done.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Print this item

LegoWindow 2 x 6 x 2 Train Front
Posted by: Martin - 2017-05-01, 11:05 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (4)

Hi

I can't believe it, the parts I need are from 2014 but not in the database
I need the following parts for a new Train:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...=17454#T=C

Part: 17454 (Window 2 x 6 x 2 Train Front / Boat)
Part: 17457 (Glass for Train Front 2 x 6 x 2)

Print this item

Post Attachement Issue
Posted by: End Unsure - 2017-04-30, 13:46 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (5)

Wasn't sure if this should go in help or here.

I'm trying to post a few images of MOCs but either I don't understand how to do it properly or it could use a little updating, possibly some glitch work but since I'm generally lost on forums its probably me.

I have apx. 15 images of my MOCs to upload. It seems I have to upload them one at a time in a 3 step process of "Browse" "Select" "Add Attachment". It's pretty time consuming for 15 images, and on my 5th image when there was an issue uploading the image (file size over 500 kb) and I had told the previous 4 to "add to post" it removed all attachments, at which point I gave up.

Is there a way to upload batch images?

Print this item

Is there somewhere I can download the LDraw image library?
Posted by: Carsten - 2017-04-30, 5:13 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (11)

I want to use SR3D Builder which still works fine. 
I imported all new and experimental parts and they are all missing an image file so it's really hard to use them (See figure 1)
If you don't know what I'm talking about, see figure 2.
Alternatively, could someone just upload their own library for me?

Figure 1
[Image: 65ae613023.png]

Figure 2
[Image: 32ab0ee312.jpg]

Print this item

How to render black pins?
Posted by: Waclav Fort - 2017-04-29, 20:09 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (3)

Hi, friends.

How can i render black pins and havy wight edges, like lego-style?

[Image: clip2.png]

Print this item

LEGO Cable Car in LDCad
Posted by: Mark Verbeek - 2017-04-29, 19:33 - Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations) - Replies (4)

Hey All,

recently I started browsing trough this forum and concluded that here would an excellent place to tell (and get some feedback) about my project I've been working on. 

So what I try to do is to build a cable car of the model funitel, this is a cable car with one cable looped twice, so each gondola has two cables where it 

I started this project digitally in LDD but soon became I limited by the grouping of parts and making of modules. Since this project has a lot of repetition, modularity is a must. I started with setting modules in separate LDD files be this became cumbersome and created merge issues and so forth. Therefore I converted all files into LDR files with one file for each module, allowing for easy reuse. 

The current status of this project is that it for 80% complete (I guess). There are 18000+ parts used, grouped into 89 unique modules. The use of LDCad allows me to easily swap between files and work quickly between the modules. Also, I (mis-)use the pneumatic hoses as cable to complete the picture. 

my to do list:
- I'm working on getting some animation done, I hope to get everything animated but that will take a while. 
- Finishing the valley station as only a skeleton build now
- Adding an environment, (forest and ski slopes) and some architectural designs.

Finally a render of all described above: 

[Image: CableCarAtNight.jpg]
POV-ray export from LDCad 1.6, I removed the default lighting and added lights as part of an one-stud part I placed on places in the model where I wanted a light.

Print this item

15496 LegoMinifig, Utensil Cup, Take Out Cup
Posted by: Knud Ahrnell Albrechtsen - 2017-04-27, 5:06 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Hi

Could you please make this cup?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...96#T=C&C=1

Kind Regards
Knud

Print this item

30298 Windscreen 10 x 14 x 2 2/3 Roll Cage (missing?)
Posted by: Stephen Wilkins - 2017-04-24, 0:18 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (16)

I was looking at some Rock Raiders sets for 3D modeling and was a bit surprised to find out that this part doesn't exist.

[Image: 30298.1082915871.jpg]

However, on BrickLink, this image is posted:

[Image: 30298.png]

Which appears to be a digital render of the part. I have contacted the uploader of the image, but he said that he got that image from the LDraw parts library......but the part's not there. At least not now. That image was posted ~16 years ago (shortly after Rock Raiders was actually around).

I've searched high and low, but I can't find the part. The other Rock Raiders parts are there, including 30299, the cockpit that fits this roll cage. But for some reason, this one part isn't.

If anyone could find this part (if it exists), or would be able to make it, that would be awesome.

Thanks!
Stephen

Print this item

Looking for iPad testers
Posted by: Paul Griffin - 2017-04-22, 13:08 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (12)

I'm quite excited to be nearing completion of a LEGO model (Ldraw-compatible) editor for iPad and I am looking for anyone who would be willing to do a little bit of beta testing of my app.

If this sounds like something up your alley, please shoot me a PM with your e-mail and I can set you up with TestFlight once it makes it through Apple.

Note that iPhones would also work, but I would only recommend testing for a larger-screeen iPhone (generally, iPhone 6 and newer).

[Image: NMyWUgY.jpg]
[Image: 77cbxUP.jpg]

Print this item