Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,056
» Latest member: de Jong
» Forum threads: 5,510
» Forum posts: 47,396

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 668 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 663 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Super Heroes sets
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Willy Tschager
1 hour ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,296
Set 10270 Bookshop
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Vincent Messenet
2 hours ago
» Views: 3,067
Parts for Beekeeper Minif...
Last Post: Jason Osicki
11 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 103
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 11:55
» Views: 288
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
2024-04-24, 21:03
» Replies: 6
» Views: 300
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-24, 15:49
» Replies: 14
» Views: 3,507
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-04-23, 18:40
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
Request for 102735
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
2024-04-23, 4:56
» Views: 208
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
2024-04-23, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 158
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-04-22, 18:39
» Replies: 22
» Views: 35,590

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.36b Beta Released
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2017-08-18, 5:39 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (6)

Hey,

here is a new release. It was intended to be released earlier, but now it has more value for you Smile

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(11 new features and 5 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...

• ...select (and see in 3D view) elements producing an error or warning (when meaningful).
  • ...benefit from improved usability for the "hover over right click menu-icon" in the 3D view.
  • ...benefit from the fact that vertices which are close together are considered "as one" (when you add something; dist < threshold in LDU).
  • ...customise the 3D distance below which vertices are considered the same when you add new elements.
  • ...customise the 2D distance in pixels below which vertices are considered the same when you add new elements.
  • ...see a warning if the value of a DecimalSpinner differs from the displayed value.
  • ...drag&drop primitives on the text editor.
  • ..."Select Connected..." / "Touching..." "...with same type."
  • ...notice that closing a tab in the text editor close it also in the 3D editor, when the 3D and text editors share one window.
  • ...select objects, regardless of the selection filter (but there are some special exceptions).
  • ...benefit from more eye-catching buttons.
The following critical issues were fixed:

1. Rectifier: There was no difference in the result on the fourth filter. "Convert if possible/Do not convert if adjacent cond-line."
  2. Text-Editor: The cursor jumped to the first line when the file was saved / the Save-button "stayed" in 'down'-position (actually, it was focused).
  3. The 3D editor placed the tab of a newly opened part on the left of an already opened part, while in the text editor it was placed as expected on the right.
  4. Selection issues with vertices which were close together on the screen.
  5. The coplanarity calculation was incomplete.

What will the next release 0.8.37 deliver? Bug fixes...

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 100.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.
Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, this version was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".
I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • 64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

Print this item

LGEO and part 32293
Posted by: Kevin - 2017-08-17, 3:31 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (1)

I'm having a problem when rendering part 32293 (Technic Steering Link 1x9) from LPub3D in POV-Ray with LGEO enabled.  When using LGEO, the part is shifted downward 2 LDUs, causing an overlap with the towball pins at either end.  

.png   32293_with_lgeo.png (Size: 30.58 KB / Downloads: 43)

When I disable LGEO, the part is rendered correctly:

.png   32293_without_lgeo.png (Size: 27.08 KB / Downloads: 42)

It is also rendered correctly when using LDGLite:

.png   32293_with_LDGLite.png (Size: 22.65 KB / Downloads: 42)

I see the same problem with I use LDView to export the model to a .pov file and render it directly.

As far as I can tell, I don't have an LGEO substitute for part 32293.

Any ideas what is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thank you.

Kevin

Print this item

Baseplate 48x48 not rendered by LDGLite in LPub3D, LDView crash
Posted by: Jaco van der Molen - 2017-08-14, 19:46 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (14)

Hi all,

Back from vacation I started a big project of 32000+ bricks.
The model is on 10 baseplates 48x48, so yes, it is bing.
I was able to model it though in LDCad (and turing to good old MLCad sometimes ;-)

Alas, LDView crashes very often when used as a renderer in LPub3D, so I turned to LDGLite for a change.
Works flawless, however the 4186 baseplate 48x48 does not render in the PLI.

What could this be?

LDView is able to render the whole model in LDView itself (although it takes a looooong time).
Getting to page 40 or so in the instructions in LPub3D, it starts to crash.
Anything to do about that? Or is it just a to big a model?

Print this item

Brickheadz
Posted by: Damien Roux - 2017-08-08, 16:48 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (106)

Topic for the Brickheadz theme.

Print this item

Proposed new LDRAW_ORG qualifier for Lsynth subparts
Posted by: Chris Dee - 2017-08-07, 20:23 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (24)

We frequently discuss the anomaly of placing files representing subsections of flexible parts in the LDraw Parts folder to facilitate manual and LSynth construction of flexed renders.

The current header standards do not permit a '0 LDRAW_ORG Subpart' line in the header of a file in the parts folder.

I am proposing extending the header spec to allow a new quaifier to allow these files to be identified with a line like

Code:
0 !LDRAW_ORG Part Flexible_section UPDATE YYYY-NN

Any concerns?

Print this item

What part number should I use?
Posted by: Magnus Forsberg - 2017-08-05, 22:17 - Forum: Parts Authoring - No Replies

I want to create a new assembly for a complete micro-motor. LEGO Service pack 5119

Code:
1 16 0 46 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2985.dat
1 16 0 26 -20 1 0 0 0 0 -1 0 1 0 2986c01.dat
1 16 0 10 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2984.dat
1 7 0 26 -20 1 0 0 0 0 -1 0 1 0 2983.dat
What part number should I use, and how do I colour it?
There's already an existing shortcut 70823 in the library, hardcoded in red , so I think it would be wrong to create 70823c01 as an uncoloured shortcut.

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.35 Beta Released (Selection Filter / Usability)
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2017-08-05, 19:53 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (48)

Hey,

a new release with dozens of fresh features and three bug fixes for Windows, Linux and Mac Smile

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(11 new features and 3 bug fixes)

With this release you will be able to...

• ...benefit from better decimal spinner widgets.
  • ...make use of a "Select All Types" and a "Select Nothing" menu item along with Vertices, Lines, Triangles, etc.
  • ...use "Show All" in the context menu from the text editor
  • ...use a shortkey to swap the BFC winding of a selection ("J" key).
  • ...see where the distance meter starts.
  • ...see where the protractor is fixed.
  • ...use the selection filter to control the element types which are inserted by copy & paste
  • ...use the selection filter to control which element types are selectable.
  • ...see tooltips which explain that ALT+Click removes the corresponding object type from selection when you activate Vertex/Surface/Line/Subfile Mode
  • ...benefit from better performance if you have a large number of hidden objects.
  • ...benefit from the fact that the primitive area is reset to the top left corner on load.
The following critical issues were fixed:

1. Selection got cleared while using the subfile mode.
  2. Wrong number format for the "Stud" in the unit converter.
  3. Snap on edges: The projection was incorrect.
What will the next release 0.8.36 deliver? Select elements which producing an error in 3D editor...

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 100.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.
Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, this version was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".
I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • 64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

Print this item

unknow technic/bionicle part
Posted by: Nathan S - 2017-08-03, 5:00 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Has anyone ever run across this part before??
https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/cat...192px3#T=C

I haven't seen it before, but it could be the solution to a puzzle of mine.  I am not sure the length of the axle socket section as compared to the similar piece 93571.

Thoughts?

Print this item

Missing parts from Set 40174: LEGO® Iconic Chess Set
Posted by: Matt Clark - 2017-08-02, 12:36 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

For reference, here's a link to the set on the LEGO Shop:
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Chess-Set-2017-40174

I had built one of the pieces (the Black King), exported the model to LDraw format, and I used this Import Plugin to bring it into Blender:
LDraw Importer for Blender

There were pieces missing from the model after import so I am guessing they were not in the LDraw Library.  So I went through the Build instructions, and created a model containing 1 of every type of brick in the set. Did the same process, exported it to LDraw, and then imported it into Blender.  There were 9 bricks missing:

Part #
(Design ID)                     Description

15470                              1X1 DECORATION TOP NO. 1
98100                              2X2 ROUND,SLOPE BRICK W. KNOB
14719                              FLAT TILE CORNER 1X2X2
14769                              FLAT TILE 2x2, ROUND
11211                              BRICK 1X2 W. 2 KNOBS
26604                              BRICK 1X1, W/ 2 KNOBS, CORNER
17715(LDD ID: 87994)      SHAFT 3M Ø3.2
15068                              PLATE W. BOW 2X2X2/3
11477                              PLATE W. BOW 1X2X2/3

The Shaft has 2 IDs, the first one(17715) is the one they have for it on their Parts website now, and the LDD ID(87994) is the one that the LEGO Digital Designer has for it. 

EDIT: OK, now I am confused, because I was using LDCAD, and I found ALL of the above parts in the library. However I'm not sure why they aren't appearing in my LDraw model if they are in the library. They don't even appear if I open the model in LDView... something is not working somewhere...

EDIT 2: OK, upon further digging about the LDraw stuff - I found that the LDraw exporter in the Digital Designer isn't the greatest - because it was the fault of my missing pieces that I listed. It just didn't include them in the model when it was exported.  I know this because I tried re-importing the resulting Export right back into Digital Designer - and you'd think they'd be there, in the software it came from - but they were missing in there, too. I think I know why though.  I was able to use the blender importer, and import the missing pieces directly with their .dat files. I found that all the missing pieces were made of multiple meshes. And I don't think that the exporter supports those.  So I'd be willing to bet, that if they were re-created, as a single mesh, then they would work.

Print this item

18835: MINI WIG NO. 90
Posted by: Matt Clark - 2017-08-01, 18:50 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (3)

Could someone make this one? It wasn't in the complete parts library, and even though I'm not sure if it's in the unofficial one, I don't want to use an unsupported part. 

[Image: 7sc63WN.png]

Print this item