Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,056
» Latest member: de Jong
» Forum threads: 5,510
» Forum posts: 47,396

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 667 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 661 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Super Heroes sets
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Willy Tschager
2 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 3,308
Set 10270 Bookshop
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Vincent Messenet
3 hours ago
» Views: 3,071
Parts for Beekeeper Minif...
Last Post: Jason Osicki
Yesterday, 20:56
» Replies: 2
» Views: 109
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
Yesterday, 11:55
» Views: 392
LDraw vitual meeting (Liv...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Nils Schmidt
2024-04-24, 21:03
» Replies: 6
» Views: 304
Technic 1982
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-04-24, 15:49
» Replies: 14
» Views: 3,518
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-04-23, 18:40
» Replies: 0
» Views: 357
Request for 102735
Last Post: Stephan den Ridder
2024-04-23, 4:56
» Views: 208
Wedgy-Slopes from '24 Spe...
Last Post: Ryan Hicks
2024-04-23, 0:12
» Replies: 4
» Views: 158
WeDo 2.0 electronics
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-04-22, 18:39
» Replies: 22
» Views: 35,592

Train Hooks from the 1960's x507, x508 and their plates.
Posted by: Gerald Lasser - 2017-08-31, 6:49 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (15)

I started doing the hooks and plates for the early train connections and now it is time to start uploading them and here comes the trouble:

What is currently on the PT?

Hooks: x507 and x508
Plates: 737 and 509 for the hooks, 753 for magnets

x507
This is actually a part that consists of two parts, the bottom plate and the hook-element
Furthermore there are two versions of it, the earlier one where the hook is connected in the middle with a small round element and the latter part which has a rectangular interconnection with the botom plate.

For compatibility I would propose:
- add the two versions x507a and x507b
- make x507 a "move to" to x507a

so far so good, what number to assign to the bottom plate?

x508
This part is one mold, I  can simply use the existing file on the PT and amend it.

Print this item

[LDPartEditor] 0.8.37 Beta Released (Critical Bug Fix)
Posted by: Nils Schmidt - 2017-08-30, 19:09 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (45)

Hi,

here is a release which wipes out some critical bugs.

[Image: imgDuke2.png]
As always, you can download LDPE from this page:
http://nilsschmidt1337.github.io/ldparteditor/

Changelog:
(7 bug fixes)

The following critical issues were fixed:

1. Edger2 created duplicated TYPE 2 lines which were hard to spot.
  2. The primitive text search field was sometimes failing / sometimes primitives were not shown at all.
  3. Edger2 only created condlines if the adjacent surfaces vertices matched perfectly.
  4. Undo/Redo did not work with the CSG_EXTRUDE meta command.
  5. CSG inlining did not use all CPU cores.
  6. The new numeric input fields were blocking the common thread pool (no crash, only performance degradation).
  7. There was an endless loop regarding the new numeric input fields (no crash, only performance degradation).

What will the next release 0.8.38 deliver? A new CSG engine with great triangulation features...

The program was tested intensively with "real world" files.
However, it is still a beta version and something can go wrong in about 100.000 lines of code.

Make sure that you choose the right architecture for your OS and Java Virtual Machine (JVM) (64bit or 32bit).
A short guide how to check if a 64bit JVM is installed on your system is located at the bottom of this message.

1. Download the zip-Archive
  2. Extract the archive content to the location of your choice
  3. On windows, double-click "run.bat" to start LDPE.
  4. On linux/mac, you have to excecute the shell script "run.sh" to start LDPE.
Please note that this software is in the beta stage. Although, this version was tested, there are already known issues  for this release. There is a potential risk of data loss.

You can search for updates if you do the following steps:

1. On windows, double-click "update.bat" to search for updates.
  2. On linux, you have to excecute the shell script "update.sh".
I listen carefully to your requests and possible complaints. Please leave me a message, with your thoughts and wishes to further improve the software.

LDPE is a 3D CAD application: The overall system requirements are higher. While I recommend to use a powerful 64-bit multicore system, it could be possible, to run LDPE on older machines as well.

System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements:
  • 64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.8
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible Graphics Card
  • Operating System (64-bit): Windows [7 or newer], Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon II (>2.0Ghz)
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Video-Memory: 1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 100 MB
Recommended Requirements:
  • Operating System (64bit): Windows 7,8,10, Linux [e.g. Ubuntu Linux >=14.4], Mac OS X [>=10.6]
  • OpenGL 3.3 compatible Graphics Card
  • CPU: Multicore-Processor with 4 cores (or more)
  • RAM: >4 GB
  • Video-Memory: >1 GB
  • Free Disk Space: 512 MB
  • For a faster start, LDPartEditor and the LDraw™ library should be installed on an SSD.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to check your JVM version (32- or 64-bit):
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try on the command line:

Code:
java -d64 version

If it's not a 64-bit version, you'll get a message that looks like:
This Java instance does not support a 64-bit JVM. Please install the desired version.

Print this item

27262 Windscreen 6 x 4 x 1 Pentagonal with Handle
Posted by: Giorgos Solomonidis - 2017-08-30, 14:22 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Hey there guys Smile

I would appreciate if you could create this piece

Thanks a lot
Giorgos S.

Print this item

75144 Snowspeeder [Star Wars]
Posted by: Roland Dahl - 2017-08-28, 11:28 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (7)

75144 Snowspeeder [Star Wars]

[Image: 75144%20-%20Snowspeeder.jpg]

Download MPD-File  (OMR compliant)

Errors.
- no stickers
- minifigs have wrong patterns

Print this item

Submitting flexible part for Lsynth
Posted by: Mikkel Bech Jensen - 2017-08-24, 15:18 - Forum: Parts Authoring - No Replies

So I've just submitted this part to the parts tracker:

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...s/u153.dat

Since it is supposed to be a flexible part I would like to know how to make it a part of LSynth so it could be used as intended. It already consists of segments so I assume it would be possible to use it in a similar way as to '73590' and '758' (hose flexible)? I don't know the requirements for LSynth and if these pieces truly would work - I couldn't find a lot of the subject. I know that LDcad also have a function for making flexible parts but I don't know how that works or if it has special requirements for segments of flexible parts?

I would also like to know how to upload and number them as a coloured shortcut? I haven't been able to find any information of this in the FAQ. I see that the LDraw library has a lot of these shortcuts where certain parts coloured in their most common colours (or only colour in some instances). I think it would make sense for this part as it was only released in two colours and those colours can be difficult to determine by looking at pictures and illustrations of them. Maybe it sounds weird since I want them to be used via LSynth but as a reference I think it make sense.

As a last note: I initially made a much higher resolution version of the part but just two of them was in the same model (and were made transparent as they are in the sets they come from) LDview would begin to lag a lot. I therefore made it much lower resolution so there would a lot fewer polygons in the file. The performance of LDview though was increased significantly, though I'm not shure if they are too low resolution now? They do look a lot better in context (when they are attached to the hose joiners and made transparent) and they can still make LDview lag if there is too many of them in the same model.

Print this item

LDCad 2.0 GUI Thoughts
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2017-08-23, 20:41 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (43)

Hi all,

I'm working on the foundation of what is highly likely to become LDCad 2.0, although currently it has little to nothing to do with LDraw specifics.

While doing this a lot of (boring) fundamental classes and tools need to be (re)written. I've done so for strings, list, etc and the OpenGL gui  engine is next.

Problem is I'm not yet sure on what kind of GUI to give LDCad 2.0. I know many people dislike the 1.x one, but I rather like it myself so I want to improve upon it but keep the basis the same maybe making it very dynamic so it can support different looks.

Anyway in order to write the support classes (window handling etc) I need to know what it should be able to do rendering wise etc.

For this I would like to gather some feedback about the current 1.x gui, in other words what is it people really hate about it or what kind of behavior are they missing.

I'm not talking colors though, as you can already change those in 1.x. One thing I'm thinking about myself is something like the blender gui which should be able to (nearly) mimic the 1.6 look as a default template or something.

Any thoughts/ideas/feedback is welcome.

LDCad 2.0 teaser Big Grin

.png   out.png (Size: 12.98 KB / Downloads: 602)

Print this item

24248 Windscreen
Posted by: Roland Dahl - 2017-08-22, 8:19 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

Actually I'm working on the 75144 Snowspeeder.
So I would highly appreciate if somebody could generate windscreen 24248
thanks
roland

Print this item

My first (non-patterned) parts!
Posted by: Mikkel Bech Jensen - 2017-08-20, 22:22 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (11)

Hello everyone! I have been using LDraw many years now and I have managed to contribute to the library with some patterned parts in the past. Now I'm back and I have made my first 'real' parts (which isn't just a pattern on an existing part) using the LD Part Editor. However I'm shure that there are a few problems with parts so I am making this thread in the hope that it can provide additional help for these parts to be accepted and for my future improvement as a parts author Smile

Here is the parts:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...30585a.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...30585b.dat

Print this item

Parts Tracker - Division between ne parts and fixes
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2017-08-20, 16:05 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (1)

Hi,

currently the PT distinguishes new parts from fixes only by the (X) or (F) column. I'd like to see the PT grouping all new parts at the top of the http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptlist.cgi list and the fixes with their subparts at the bottom, which would make it easier prioritizing certifying new parts.

Thanks, w.

Print this item

I'm finding parts author to make parts and give me
Posted by: Yongjin Park - 2017-08-18, 10:32 - Forum: Part Requests - No Replies

Hi

I want to make some parts for Ldraw.

But it's very difficult for me

So, I'm finding anyone to make this.

Surely, I will pay for this

Can you email me?

[email protected]

Thank you