LDraw.org Discussion Forums

Full Version: Creating stickers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2020-09-04, 18:31)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]This tool will give it the wanted shape:  https://brickhub.org/i/apps/pf.htm

Thanks Magnus. Now 93606 is ok.

Now I'm trying to do the same thing with 3040b Slope 45 ° 2 x 1 but although I thought it was easier I have some problems.
I'm trying to put a sticker on the sloped surface of the piece. As you can see from the attachments, I managed to fix it but it's the image in flipped.
It is true that I could flip the original PNG, but I would like to understand my mistake

Where am I doing wrong?

thank you
(2020-09-05, 13:25)Simone Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Magnus. Now 93606 is ok.

Now I'm trying to do the same thing with 3040b Slope 45 ° 2 x 1 but although I thought it was easier I have some problems.
I'm trying to put a sticker on the sloped surface of the piece. As you can see from the attachments, I managed to fix it but it's the image in flipped.
It is true that I could flip the original PNG, but I would like to understand my mistake

Where am I doing wrong?

thank you

This fixes it:

0 !TEXMAP START PLANAR  -10 0 -10  10 0 -10  -10 20 -30    slope_1_sx.png

(I swapped the X coordinates.)
(2020-09-04, 18:31)Magnus Forsberg Wrote: [ -> ]This tool will give it the wanted shape:  https://brickhub.org/i/apps/pf.htm

Why isn't that tool on the PT or at least a link to it? Wasn't aware of!

w.
(2020-09-06, 11:18)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Why isn't that tool on the PT or at least a link to it? Wasn't aware of!

w.

Please note that it will only create a correctly folded top surface. The backside "box" is not correct (but it makes a good attempt).
It looks like the top surface is folded, but then the box is projected down, to the brick top surface...
You will also need to clean away many "new" vertices created at the folding lines.
(2020-09-06, 11:18)Willy Tschager Wrote: [ -> ]Why isn't that tool on the PT or at least a link to it? Wasn't aware of!

w.
I'm not sure if I created a topic for it in our forum. I have been maintaining a host of tiny tools like this and have made an overview here: c-mt.dk

Right now I'm working on making LDCad generated content show in the Web viewer, but once done, I should have a look on the documentation and references to the tools here - unless someone else would like to link them.
(2020-09-05, 23:48)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]This fixes it:

thanks man!

now it's all clear!
regards
(2020-09-05, 23:48)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]This fixes it:

ps: on LDcad or LDView works perfectly but when i open with LPub3D i got this (attached) strange transparent behavior.
(2020-09-07, 17:52)Simone Wrote: [ -> ]ps: on LDcad or LDView works perfectly but when i open with LPub3D i got this (attached) strange transparent behavior.

What renderer are you using for LPub3D? If it is LDView, LPub3D has a privately built LDView executable included with it. That executable isn't based on any official (or even Beta) LDView release. That could be causing the problem. If you're not using the LDView renderer, switching to it might fix the problem (although it will slow things down by a lot, AFAIK).
(2020-09-07, 18:35)Travis Cobbs Wrote: [ -> ]What renderer are you using for LPub3D? If it is LDView, LPub3D has a privately built LDView executable included with it. That executable isn't based on any official (or even Beta) LDView release. That could be causing the problem. If you're not using the LDView renderer, switching to it might fix the problem (although it will slow things down by a lot, AFAIK).
Yes sorry, i forgot to mention. I'm using internal LDView render. Could it be a setting inside it?
(2020-09-07, 19:19)Simone Wrote: [ -> ]Yes sorry, i forgot to mention. I'm using internal LDView render. Could it be a setting inside it?

I'm not sure how it would produce such an image. You might try tweaking the "Offset" setting in the Textures section of the Primitives tab.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5