LDCad 1.6 (win+linux)

LDCad 1.6 (win+linux)
Hello all,

I finally managed to finish the final 1.6 version of LDCad.

Mostly bug fixes and some scripting tweaks.

I've also added a new example/animation featuring the 8852 set.

As always the latest version can be downloaded here:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/download

This will be (99.5% certain) the last 1.x version excluding one or two maintenance (1.6a etc) versions.

This because I want to concentrate on setting up a new (HQ) LDraw rendering engine. This project might lead to a 2.0 version but I'm not sure of that jet.
RE: LDCad 1.6 (win+linux)
(2017-06-13, 20:28)Roland Melkert Wrote: Hello all,

I finally managed to finish the final 1.6 version of LDCad.

Hi Roland,

Thanks! I think I found a bug though.

When I click Conditional Edges Method in the Prefs > LDraw menu the Static Edge Color is toggled.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2017-06-14, 7:41)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: When I click Conditional Edges Method in the Prefs > LDraw menu the Static Edge Color is toggled.

Stupid c++ switch statements Smile

This has been in all 1.6 versions I think, I'll fix it in the next maintenance version as you can switch it back and its a non often used option anyway.

Thanks for reporting (although I wished you did so 2 days earlier Wink  )
Hi Roland,

Something else very strange:
On my "old" Windows XP machine when I select one or more parts and want to select none I press Ctrl-shift-A to deselect nothing happens. It does not work.
The stranger part is that when I use remote control program like TeamViewer it does work!?
Even on my Mac.

What could this be?
I can remember it did work on previous versions of LDCad?
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(2017-06-23, 19:57)Jaco van der Molen Wrote: Hi Roland,

Something else very strange:
On my "old" Windows XP machine when I select one or more parts and want to select none I press Ctrl-shift-A to deselect nothing happens. It does not work.
The stranger part is that when I use remote control program like TeamViewer it does work!?
Even on my Mac.

What could this be?
I can remember it did work on previous versions of LDCad?

The only thing I changed between those versions which could influence XP/hotkeys is the upgrade of the GCC compiler I used for windows builds

I'll have to check on my own ancient XP system to see if this is a universal problem.
Wish of the day:

* I'd like to see (at least) the transparent colors drawn differently in the quick color bar to better distinguish them from the solid ones:

.jpg   LDCad1.jpg (Size: 101.7 KB / Downloads: 106)

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2017-07-27, 7:41)Willy Tschager Wrote: Wish of the day:

* I'd like to see (at least) the transparent colors drawn differently in the quick color bar to better distinguish them from the solid ones:

+1! (wonder why I didn't ask for that before...)
(2017-07-27, 8:31)Philippe Hurbain Wrote:
(2017-07-27, 7:41)Willy Tschager Wrote: Wish of the day:

+1! (wonder why I didn't ask for that before...)

I could make them checkered.
(2017-07-27, 17:25)Roland Melkert Wrote: I could make them checkered.

You should Big Grin

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Wish of the day:

* I'm experimenting with chains for the first time and love the tool but one of them got totally twisted and I wish there was a button which resets everything back to default.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2017-07-28, 7:38)Willy Tschager Wrote: * I'm experimenting with chains for the first time and love the tool but one of them got totally twisted and I wish there was a button which resets everything back to default.
Resetting templates is something I have been thinking about in relation with switching quality levels, but I never figured out a clean way of doing it. I will try again in 2.0 though.

As for that chain it looks like you added a third skin segment. Chains normally use two alternating (link) skin sections so if you delete the third one (probably the red one?) it goes back to normal.
(2017-07-28, 17:19)Roland Melkert Wrote: As for that chain it looks like you added a third skin segment. Chains normally use two alternating (link) skin sections so if you delete the third one (probably the red one?) it goes back to normal.

Correct, but I have no idea who it got there.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Wish of the day:

* I'd like to have a color button or icon which either quick sets the color 47 - Trans clean or makes the selected part even more transparent. I need this for my finetuning technique.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(2017-07-30, 8:54)Willy Tschager Wrote: Wish of the day:

* I'd like to have a color button or icon which either quick sets the color 47 - Trans clean or makes the selected part even more transparent. I need this for my finetuning technique.

w.

Oh yeah, being able to temporarily make parts transparent (while not hiding them altogether) would be really useful in certain placement situations, even with part snapping - e.g. making sure that an axle-joiner is sitting precisely on the end of an axle.

Owen.
Stupid me. I cannot find the command to refresh the library after I have downloaded some unofficials from the PT and place them in my unofficial folder. Hints are welcome.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(Yesterday, 12:03)Willy Tschager Wrote: Stupid me. I cannot find the command to refresh the library after I have downloaded some unofficials from the PT and place them in my unofficial folder. Hints are welcome.

Library changes should be automatically detected when you start the program.
(Yesterday, 16:53)Roland Melkert Wrote:
(Yesterday, 12:03)Willy Tschager Wrote: Stupid me. I cannot find the command to refresh the library after I have downloaded some unofficials from the PT and place them in my unofficial folder. Hints are welcome.

Library changes should be automatically detected when you start the program.

I know this. But I want to add parts to my library during the build as I come them across, without shutting the prog down.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
(Yesterday, 17:15)Willy Tschager Wrote:
(Yesterday, 16:53)Roland Melkert Wrote: Library changes should be automatically detected when you start the program.

I know this. But I want to add parts to my library during the build as I come them across, without shutting the prog down.

I think this is not possible. However, changing any model outside LDCad (in say a texteditor, good ol MLCad, LPub3D), including parts, should trigger a prompt reload.
Adding a part does not do this. I could be wrong though.
Jaco van der Molen
lpub.binarybricks.nl
(7 hours ago)Jaco van der Molen Wrote:
(Yesterday, 17:15)Willy Tschager Wrote: I know this. But I want to add parts to my library during the build as I come them across, without shutting the prog down.

I think this is not possible. However, changing any model outside LDCad (in say a texteditor, good ol MLCad, LPub3D), including parts, should trigger a prompt reload.
Adding a part does not do this. I could be wrong though.

I'm sorry it is indeed not setup to detect/add parts to the library during runtime, it only reloads already known ones upon changes. Any addition to the library needs a restart of the program.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »