Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,465
» Latest member: Brendan Manke
» Forum threads: 5,680
» Forum posts: 48,565

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 271 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 266 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google

Latest Threads
LeoCad M1 Support
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Eugen
19 minutes ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1,791
LDView 4.5 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
1 hour ago
» Replies: 32
» Views: 8,399
Technic 2024
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: MING YING CAI
1 hour ago
» Replies: 26
» Views: 16,311
Flag 2 x 2 with Blue and ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
4 hours ago
» Replies: 9
» Views: 110
Looking for a simple (fre...
Forum: Off-Topic
Yesterday, 6:04
» Replies: 5
» Views: 11,734
FreeStyle 1995-1998
Yesterday, 4:51
» Replies: 5
» Views: 171
Datsville
Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations)
Yesterday, 2:35
» Replies: 54
» Views: 94,022
Milky Way Magic Chest 199...
2024-10-05, 23:52
» Replies: 2
» Views: 157
New moulds with hollow st...
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
2024-10-05, 13:14
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6,861
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
2024-10-05, 7:34
» Replies: 23
» Views: 6,328

2012/2013 LDraw.org Steering Committee announced
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2012-03-01, 0:06 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - No Replies

Since we had only 5 confirmed nominees, no election is necessary.

Therefore, without further ado, the 2012/2013 LDraw.org Steering Committee [1] is:

Chris Dee
Tim Gould
Orion Pobursky
Willy Tschager
Scott Wardlaw

[1] Try not to confuse the LDraw.org Steering Committee (SteerCo) with the LDraw Standards Committee (LSC). The Steering Committee sets the course for the LDraw Organization while the Standards Committee deals with the LDraw File Format.

Print this item

Help to "Scan Parts"
Posted by: Christian Maglekær - 2012-02-28, 16:27 - Forum: Help - Replies (3)

Hi.
I have problems with that program will not update the "Part List" when I click "Scan Parts". Although I have downloaded everything that is available on the site.

Someone who can solve my problem?

Greetings Christian Maglekær

Print this item

Flying above my city
Posted by: Milas Milasevic - 2012-02-28, 11:01 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (2)

Hello,

Usually in 3d programs, you can rotate and zoom your models.
But if i build a lego city, i'd prefer to have a fixed model and fly above the model.
Is it possible? What is the best way to render a lego diorama?

Thanx

Print this item

2446p60 Minifig Helmet Modern with Spyrius Pattern
Posted by: Philip Peickert - 2012-02-25, 4:34 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (4)

Let me know what you all think about this design. I'm not too keen about the warping on some of the quads along the sides. Any pointers in how to easily fix them would be appreciated. Also is 2446p60 ok for the part number? Thanks.

Phil

Attached Files
.dat   2446px14.dat (Size: 80.54 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

3626bp66 aka Trouble with Minifig Faces
Posted by: Philip Peickert - 2012-02-22, 6:24 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

As I continue to finish making the parts for the Spyrius theme, I have come upon an unexpected difficulty. I am working on 3626bp66, Minifig Head with Headband and Eyebrows. I made an initial drawing in LPC which I didn't like. After reviewing the minifig heads already in the library, I redid the hair and headband in LPC and used LDDesignPad to cut and paste the parts from various minifig heads into a working part which has the standard grin and eyebrows and the blue headband at the appropriate height. I've read in the forums that SlicerPro is the program to use to convert 2D patterns onto 3D quads however I can't seem to make it work right. I have read the online documentation and reviewed the forums but I'm still confused on how to make SlicerPro do what I want it to do. What file should I select for the InFormer, and what options should I select for SlicerPro itself? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Phil

Attached Files
.dat   3626bp65 Minifig Head with Headband and Eyebrows (Second Drawing).dat (Size: 6.47 KB / Downloads: 2)
.dat   3626bp65.dat (Size: 8.17 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

Long threads with inline images
Posted by: Travis Cobbs - 2012-02-21, 20:32 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (1)

When threads start getting long and contain a lot of inline images (like this thread), they become really difficult to deal with, particularly when a link from "Recent Messages" is clicked to view a message late in the thread (like this link).

The problem seems to be that the image shrinker is swapping out a placeholder on the fly. So the text that you are looking at is continually being scrolled down off the screen as the images load. Is it possible for the spot where the image is going to end up to have its initial size match its final size after the image is loaded? Note that once you've viewed the thread with images loaded, looking at it again doesn't show the placeholders. I'm not sure if that's because they're cached after generation by the server or what, but it's possible that the behavior I'm describing here won't be visible to others simply because anyone who looks at this thread and clicks the links will make the problem go away for other users.

Print this item

Thumbs Up monorail trail ramp
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2012-02-21, 12:55 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (12)

I've planned to do in some time the airport shuttle set with has monorails in it. Right now many of these monorail parts are in the library. that is great! But still some important parts are missing :

2677 Monorail Track Ramp Lower Part
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2677

2678 Monorail Track Ramp Upper Part
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2678

Since these parts don't seem as they could done easily and fast, I request them right now to get a chance that they are done in probably the next quarter of this year.....

Print this item

4346px15 Container Box 2x 2x 2 Door with Slot and Spyrius Pattern
Posted by: Philip Peickert - 2012-02-21, 0:45 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (2)

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Phil.

Attached Files
.dat   4346px15.dat (Size: 34.19 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

Question Concerning Stickers
Posted by: Philip Peickert - 2012-02-21, 0:44 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (2)

I have a questions concerning stickers. I used LPC to create 168275 Sticker with Holographic Spyrius Pattern. This sticker is only attached to 4215a Panel 1x 4x 3. I have created both the individual sticker (168275) and the Panel with holographic sticker already attached (4215pb003). I know that the sticker should be added to PT, but should I submit the panel with sticker attached as well, or since that is technically two different parts should I not submit it to PT? Any advice is helpful. Thanks.

Phil

Attached Files
.dat   168275.dat (Size: 30.42 KB / Downloads: 0)
.dat   4215pb003.dat (Size: 32.04 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

Update of LDraw.xml
Posted by: Philippe Hurbain - 2012-02-20, 9:32 - Forum: LDraw File Processing and Conversion - Replies (4)

LDraw.xml that defines conversion map between LDD and LDraw has been updated. Quoting Mike Gallagher on Eurobricks:

Mike Gallagher Wrote:Just posted a new version of the LDraw.xml file that’s used to import and export LDR files out of LDD. Now at version 4.23

Please visit the current LDraw.xml download page to get the most current version.

All sorts of parts and a bunch from tires, minifigs hair and hats, NXT, and mroe. over 1,269 working parts.

You can also view images of each group of parts and see what parts work and do not.

Enjoy, Gallagher

Print this item