Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,102
» Latest member: Tobias
» Forum threads: 5,543
» Forum posts: 47,620

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 284 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 279 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
Tiles 1 X 8 from latest A...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: N. W. Perry
8 hours ago
» Replies: 65
» Views: 27,724
New meta in LDConfig for ...
Forum: Standards Board
Last Post: Roland Melkert
Yesterday, 21:49
» Replies: 13
» Views: 566
Shadow file contributions
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Roland Melkert
Yesterday, 20:54
» Replies: 11
» Views: 258
Rabbit from WTP
Last Post: Ben Alder
Yesterday, 17:39
» Replies: 3
» Views: 117
Axle Length vs Axle Stopp...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Max Martin Richter
2024-05-16, 20:34
» Replies: 22
» Views: 3,513
new Aircraft parts: 5118,...
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
2024-05-16, 16:45
» Replies: 9
» Views: 1,360
LDraw meeting in Billund ...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-05-15, 21:08
» Replies: 7
» Views: 736
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2024-05-15, 20:38
» Replies: 35
» Views: 27,219
Town and Trains 1993
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: legolex76
2024-05-15, 19:45
» Replies: 28
» Views: 12,895
Patterned parts pictures ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Bertrand Lequy
2024-05-15, 15:36
» Replies: 3
» Views: 198

NXT parts
Posted by: Louis Fleming - 2012-10-08, 21:14 - Forum: Help - Replies (1)

I first worked with Ldraw several years ago and I am now in a new computer lab and trying to configure Ldraw for my students. In the past, I downloaded a parts packet for NXT parts and copied it into the Ldraw folder. Ldraw is now installed and I am trying to get teh NXT parts to show up for my students. I copied the nxt files into the parts folders and had Ldraw scan for the parts. I found the NXT sensors - but have not found anything else. Is there something I am missing or is it the NXT parts are just scattered and require some searching.

I would love to simplify the search for my students and remove the parts lists not needed but have no idea which lists my students will not need. We have the 9797 educational sets, the NXT supplement packs and the RCX educational set.

How can I remove the trains and other unwanted lists and is there a way to make finding the nxt parts simpler for my students in their first use of Ldraw?

Thanks
Louis

Print this item

Plants and Trees Database ?!
Posted by: Fetti2k - 2012-10-07, 19:59 - Forum: Help - No Replies

Hello, is there a plant and tree model database or a tree generator?
I'm just not talented enough.

Print this item

military themed models made of LEGO
Posted by: Rafael Skibicki - 2012-10-06, 4:26 - Forum: Off-Topic - No Replies

I used to built scale model kits and read a bit about military history, so no wonder these MOCs pop into my radar.

Here's my recent find:
US strategical bomber B-52H Stratofortress

I'd also like to remind about:
WW2 era Japanese battleship Yamato - superlarge!
modern Russian Kamov Ka-50 attack helicopter

Print this item

Help for Mac user
Posted by: Nazar - 2012-10-05, 19:41 - Forum: Help - Replies (3)

Hi there,

I'm using a Mac (OSX 10.5.8) and am having some troubles.

Here's what I have done and have working so far:

1) Downloaded BrickSmith - launched it and was able to use BrickSmith to create the model.
2) Downloaded LPub (v4) - launched it but it is saying that it cannot find the parts.lst file. When I load a model, it cannot render that model "LDView Failed" error.

I checked around and it seems like I need to run mklist.exe to generate the parts.lst file, but I can't do that on a Mac (since it's an .exe file). Any other options?

Also.. I can't find some Lego parts in BrickSmith. For example, I can find the NXT brick, but I can't find any of the NXT motors or sensors (but I can find the old RCX style motors / sensors).

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Print this item

Todo list
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-10-05, 8:18 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (1)

When I copied the LSC Summary to the new site I didn't care much about the content. Preparing the LSC summary for 2011/2012 I came across the list at the bottom:

* Updating category list
* Updating the policies for part votes
* Reference parser for LDraw 1.0 spec files
* An XML version of the specs
* Number that has to be used for Sticker
* Define rules for second Author

Would you agree that Reference parser for LDraw 1.0 spec files and Number that has to be used for Sticker can now be deleted?

w.

Print this item

2012/2013 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) - Call for Nominations
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-10-05, 8:12 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (20)

Hi folks,

Once more we are rather late with the nominations/election process...

The LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) is responsible for maintaining semi-regular internal discussions on pending file format issues, the overall progress of the LDraw file format and new or proposed developments made by different LDraw-based software authors. They adopt new official standards by voting on them, and publish documentation on LDraw.org following such a decision. The LSC has documented and will document past, current and future LDraw File Formats.

With revision 1.5 of the LSC Charter the number of seats is restricted to 4 since one seat is reserved for a current LDraw Library Administrator.

To be eligible for LSC membership, per the LSC Charter you must fulfil at least one of the following:

* Authored at least two LDraw parts subsequently released in an Official LDraw.org Parts Update
* Served as a reviewer on the Parts Tracker through at least 2 official parts updates, and posted at least 5 reviews in at least two updates since their initial participation
* Authored a software program that is compliant with either the LDraw 1.0.2 specs or another spec published by the LSC
* Petition for nomination as an LSC candidate approved by 2 current LSC members
* Petition for nomination as an LSC candidate made to the LSC by at least 5 others eligible to be LSC candidates

People can either self-nominate or nominate someone else. When nominating, please reference the person’s eligibility from the list above. For the LSC there is non need that another member of the community seconds the nomination.

Nominations MUST be posted in direct reply to this post to be counted, and must be online by 12:00 PM GMT October 14.

Voting for the elections will begin October 17, and end October 31. The LSC will officially change over on November 15th, giving time to transition newly elected members into the committee.

Only LDraw organization members are permitted to vote in this poll. Since the list of the LDraw organization members vanished into thin air when the old Postnuke CMS went down we will figure out how to handle the election.

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

Print this item

great LEGO wallpapers
Posted by: Steffen - 2012-10-05, 0:13 - Forum: Off-Topic - No Replies

I just wanted to drop a quick note here about my favorite HD wallpapers site:
http://wallbase.cc
, which hosts a great bunch of just awesome LEGO wallpapers.

Just enter "lego" as search term, and sort the results descending by "favorites".
This way you'll get the most loved pictures first.

Some examples:

[Image: wallpaper-280979.jpg]
[Image: wallpaper-459806.jpg]
[Image: wallpaper-526384.jpg]
[Image: wallpaper-701986.jpg]
[Image: wallpaper-1704508.jpg]
[Image: wallpaper-1620701.jpg]
[Image: wallpaper-2223083.jpg]

Print this item

Language Extension for Texture Mapping copied to website
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-10-04, 21:02 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (4)

The specs for the "Language Extension for Texture Mapping" have been copied to there new home at the website.

Willy Tschager
(LDraw.org Content Manager)

Print this item

Command line export to pov from LDView ?
Posted by: Rob - 2012-10-04, 20:26 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (10)

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a way to export to POV format from LDView using the command line ?

e.g. LDView.exe sample.ldr -exporttopov sample.pov
(or something...)

I've look at the helpfile command reference but don't see it...

Up to now I've always used L3P but I came across a couple of models recently which didn't include all the necessary parts when creating the POV file with L3P whereas LDView created the POV file fine. (Example of part which L3P didn't export was 30552.dat, LDView was fine - which I found a bit odd as I thought both would be using the same parts folders in my LDraw folder ?).

I'm also thinking that LDView is currently supported and being actively developed whereas L3P hasn't been updated for some time, and LDView also tries to download missing parts automatically from LDraw which is a bonus - so would really like to start using LDView instead of L3P I think - but I need the ability to run the export from the command line if at all possible.

Thanks.

TCBUK

Print this item

Overview of adjustable parts
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2012-10-03, 21:39 - Forum: Parts Authoring - No Replies

Hi all, does anyone have or know of an easy way to get an overview of all adjustable (dynamic) parts in the official library?

I mean parts like shock absorbers, pneumatic cylinders, switches, etc. Technically this even includes minifigs and other figures but for the time being I'm concentrating on parts with only a few number of configurations.

I'm assuming most of these parts exist out of subparts that make up the static parts. The information I'm especially looking for is those parts' 'in rest' type 1 lines, and (of lesser importance) the associated range of motion.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Print this item