Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,118
» Latest member: Raviol
» Forum threads: 5,548
» Forum posts: 47,668

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 426 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 422 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex

Latest Threads
missing battery sizes
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Model Team
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
2 hours ago
» Replies: 40
» Views: 27,989
Part Snapping missing/err...
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Fredrik Hareide
3 hours ago
» Replies: 216
» Views: 108,032
The .io file system thumb...
Forum: Help
Last Post: linghank
Today, 8:13
» Replies: 0
» Views: 34
Colors are gone (in MLCad...
Last Post: Steve
Today, 0:17
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,654
Request for Comments: New...
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Travis Cobbs
Yesterday, 4:18
» Replies: 4
» Views: 185
Search keyword in submode...
Last Post: Roland Melkert
2024-05-21, 20:41
» Replies: 1
» Views: 85
0 NAME and 0 FILE: to syn...
Last Post: Travis Cobbs
2024-05-21, 1:17
» Replies: 4
» Views: 269
LDCad 1.7 Beta 1 (win+lin...
Last Post: N. W. Perry
2024-05-20, 21:50
» Replies: 64
» Views: 12,821
Shadow file contributions
Last Post: Roland Melkert
2024-05-20, 6:14
» Replies: 14
» Views: 819

OMR files for the AIOI
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-10-19, 15:12 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (18)

Folks,

I would love to include more OMR files in the LDraw All-In-One-Installer and with MPDCenter published:

http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...49#pid6249

you have a fine tool at hand to test for OMR compliance. Making some Technic models posted here fit for the AIOI would be a great starting point. Have a look in the models folder in the AIOI for reference if there are any doubts.

w.

Print this item

LDCad 1.1b (win+linux)
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2012-10-17, 18:57 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (3)

Hello all,

I've released another maintenance update for the 1.1 version of LDCad.

This release is mainly to improve support on pre 2.0 OpenGL implementations in regards with shading related crashes during LDCad startup. See also the 'known issues' section on the website if the improvements don't work for your particular driver/VGA.

You'll find the new version at

www.melkert.net/LDCad

The 1.1 mascot screenshot for closure, enjoy:

[Image: 1-1-ForumScrShot.png]

Print this item

Thumbs Up part 62810 minifig hair
Posted by: eagleeyedan2 - 2012-10-16, 13:49 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (6)

This is a staple hair piece in recent sets and I really need it in leocad. It's used on Agent Chase and Fuse, Chase Mcain, several Harry Potter characters, at least one of the minifigures in the Minifigures series, and the list goes on.

-Eagleeyedan2

Print this item

2012/2013 LDraw Standards Committee Results
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-10-16, 9:18 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - No Replies

Since we had only 5 confirmed nominees, no election is necessary. Therefore, without further ado, the 2012/2013 LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) is (in alphabetical order):

Travis Cobbs
Chris Dee
Roland Melkert
Orion Pobursky
Allen Smith

Congratulation to the new LSC!

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

Print this item

2011/2012 LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Summary
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2012-10-16, 8:54 - Forum: Standards Board - No Replies

As per http://www.ldraw.org/article/382/#Procedures:

Quote:Annual Summary

The members of the LSC will be responsible for publishing an annual summary to the community several weeks prior elections for the next year’s term. This summary shall outline the progress of the previous term, note all versions of the spec ratified during the term, and summarize the future goals and ideas of the current LSC members.

the annual summary of the activities of the outgoing 2011/2012 LDraw.org Standards Committee can be found at:

http://www.ldraw.org/article/399.html

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw Standards Committee

Print this item

parts tracker: "BFC rationalisation"
Posted by: Steffen - 2012-10-16, 8:18 - Forum: Parts Authoring - No Replies

This post explains the small history line "BFC rationalisation" which appears
in the bunch of updated official files that Chris just has uploaded to the PT for me, thanks, Chris!

I had recently done a systematic syntax check of all currently official files.
Through this I discovered these files having some common glitches, which I ironed out.
They were:

(a) appearance of header elements throughout the file, mostly due to inlining relicts, e.g. "Name: xyz" or "BFC CERTIFY CCW"
(b) repeated BFC CERTIFY statements throughout the file (probably due to MLCad save operation)
© changing of winding from CW to CCW or vice versa inside the file (usually a result of inlining)
(d) other syntax errors

Print this item

UCS Millenium Falcon Animated Build Rendered With LDView
Posted by: Rob - 2012-10-15, 16:30 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (4)

Hi All,

I hope this is OK to post here...

Having previously created a number of animations using POV-Ray for rendering the frames I thought I would try using LDView to render the frames required instead. (Thanks to Travis (author LDView) for answering a number of my questions in this forum which helped me to get this working).

First online result of this can be seen at the folllowing link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Iq3wju3O0

Rendering this is POV-Ray would take about 100 times longer... (Such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TudW-8FjMzE)

The 'falling parts' code (my software) is new and rather than one part falling at time (which is how I have done these animations previously) now multiple parts are in motion in any one frame. The 'algorithm' is not perfect yet, some parts still 'fly through' other parts - work in progress ...

Rob

(TCBUK)

Print this item

Complement Primitive
Posted by: Kevin Roach - 2012-10-14, 6:23 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

I was wondering if there is a complement primitive for this file? I tried flipping and turning the 1-8cyls2.dat file. But that does not work. Could somebody please help? Thank you in advance.

Attached Files
.dat   test-prim.dat (Size: 67 bytes / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

separating metal portions of 9V train track
Posted by: Steffen - 2012-10-13, 12:16 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (5)

I was wanting to separate the metal portions of
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cg...859c00.dat
into 1 or more separate files.

Reason for this was that in the current implementation,
when you use that part in a model,
and you assign some color to it,
all edges on metal appear in that color,
this makes that part look weird.

Reason for that is that all edges and optional edges in that file
are coded in color 24, regardless whether they bound plastic or metal parts.

My problem is now this:

I can easily identify quads and triangles of color 494 (metal) and move them to a separate file.
Second step should have been to also move their bounding edges and optional edges there.

Would I have finished that, then the color problem would be gone, because in that new file X.dat,
I would use color 16 for quads and triangles, and 24 for edges and optional edges,
and then reference that file from 2859c00.dat, using color 494. This way, both the surfaces and
the edges would appear in correct color.

However, identifying which edges to move to X.dat is terribly difficult.
There are tons of such edges, and manual selection will introduce lots and lots of errors.

To accomplish this task, I would need help of a tool which doesn't exist yet.

It would let me specify some color, by which I would like to identify affected quads and triangles
(here: 494).
The tool should then run through the file and identify all edges and optional edges which bound
these, i.e., which share coordinates with them.

Using such a tool, it would be easy to find all edges in 2859c00.dat which need to be moved to a separate file.

(Of course, from a logic point of view, each own metal portion should probably go into its own,
separate ~part file, but to me that's second priority. Solving the miscolored edges problem has first.)

Unfortunately, without this tool, I sadly have to give up on this task for now :-(

Print this item

How to get the unofficial parts library to work in Mac OS
Posted by: SNIPE - 2012-10-12, 22:32 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (3)

Hi,

This afternoon I've been looking at the cool 'unofficial parts library', they looked good on the website but when I opened them in Bricksmith I cept getting 'Bricksmith couldn't find all of the pieces in this file. The following are missing: s\xxxx.dat, s\xxx.dat', (those filenames are just an example) and realized why this was, it's because all of the file 'scripts' / contents when opened in a text editor have an '\' in them when it should be an '/', replacing all of them allows Bricksmith to find the subparts (located in the 's' directory).

Now, the problem was editing these thousands of files so I found a program called textmate ,when I went back the parts opened fine with no errors and had no changes to the file extention.

Here's how to fix this:

Download the unofficial parts library and extract the 'LDRAWUNF' directory to the bricksmith folder so you have the folders 'LDRAW' and 'LDRAWUNF' (LDRAW should already be there as it comes with bricksmith).

Find the 's' subfolder in 'LDRAWUNF'>'parts' and move it onto the desktop (make sure it is moved not just duplicated).
Download 'Textmate' then after installing. goto 'file', 'open'.
Locate the 'parts' folder in 'LDRAWUNF' and in the parts folder select all of the dat files and hit 'open'. (there should be nothing but .dat files in that folder since we moved the 's' folder).

Goto 'edit' and click 'find', then 'find in project'.

Type in the 'find' bar '\' (with no quotes) and hit 'find'.

In the 'replace' box, type in '/' (no quotes) and hit 'replace all'

Close the box and go to 'file', 'save all'.

Now go ahead and move the 's' folder back into the 'parts' folder in 'LDRAWUNF'

All or most parts should now return no errors when being opened.

***NOTE*** the 'parts' or 'p' folder containing official parts that comes with bricksmith should not be touched for this fix.

Note to mods, Im not sure what category of the Ldraw forum this should be located in.

Print this item