Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,438
» Latest member: lego
» Forum threads: 5,673
» Forum posts: 48,474

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 307 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 303 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Takeshi Takahashi

Latest Threads
Adding a file header.
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Chris Böhnke
5 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 152
Rubber DBG missing from L...
Forum: Official File Specifications/Standards
Last Post: Willy Tschager
11 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 71
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Forum: Parts Authoring
Last Post: Javier Orquera
Yesterday, 14:31
» Replies: 14
» Views: 5,920
Trying to find multiple p...
Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion
Last Post: Jeff Jones
Yesterday, 11:09
» Replies: 3
» Views: 104
Part Request: BEAST'S HAI...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: 3CFigs
2024-09-27, 23:00
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
[LDPE] 1.8.89 Released (b...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Philippe Hurbain
2024-09-27, 18:18
» Replies: 1
» Views: 60
5555 - Flag 3 1/2 x 2 Tri...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Orion Pobursky
2024-09-27, 16:42
» Replies: 2
» Views: 94
Town and Trains 1993
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-09-27, 16:03
» Replies: 29
» Views: 17,951
Using downloaded .dat fil...
Forum: Help
Last Post: Lawford
2024-09-26, 20:53
» Replies: 4
» Views: 249
[LDPE] 1.8.88 Released (h...
Forum: Parts Author Tools
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
2024-09-26, 19:27
» Replies: 9
» Views: 264

Trouble with adding new primitives.
Posted by: Jude Parrill - 2013-08-02, 23:38 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (14)

OK, so I've been working on some new primitives called stud4c, stud4c1, stud4c2a, stud4c2p, and stud4c3 (all .dats). Now, I have tried to insert these into a part, but keep coming back with the same error. Every time MLCad comes back with "File stu24c*.dat not found! Continue loading?" For some reason, MLCad keeps changing the "d" in "stud" to "2", for each of these files, and I have no idea why.

Here's what's interesting though, if I press "Yes" to continue loading, a bounding box that appears to be the correct size shows up, but with no geometry inside. I've tried changing it's color, but it still doesn't show up.

For the record, I have the primitives located both in the same directory as the file I'm editing as well as in the "p" directory.

I've checked the file name, the "Name" part of the header in the files, and name on line in the file a dozen times each. They are all correct. Why won't these load properly?

Print this item

DATHeader 3.0.11.0
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2013-07-31, 10:16 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (7)

I just released DATHeader version 3.0.11.0.

This version of DATHeader accept files send by the new LDFind (version 1.3.2.0).

http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=datheader

Print this item

LDFind 1.3.2.0
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2013-07-31, 10:14 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (1)

I just released version 1.3.2.0.

With the also updated DATHeader (now version 3.0.11.0) LDFind is now able to interact.
If you have a file in LDFind you can open that file by only one click in DATHeader.

I hope you like this tiny change.

http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=ldfind

Print this item

Why are there no "odd" torus primitives?
Posted by: Magnus Forsberg - 2013-07-30, 18:18 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (4)

Lately I've been making a lot of minifig heads and I'm missing a primitive I would like to use. A 3/16-sided torus primitive.

Then why don't you just make one, I hear? It seems to be impossible to give it a correct name!!
Why is it impossible to give name to a torus with odd number of faces?

It is not impossible to make one. I've attached an example here. Why??

Attached Files
.dat   tXXo6250.dat (Size: 3.9 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item

LDStructure 1.2.1.0
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2013-07-30, 8:20 - Forum: All Other Programs. - No Replies

I just release version 1.2.1.0.
There is only one little change in the behaviour of this app.
If you add or delete files in your %LDRAWBASEDIR% you where forced to do an update.
Now you are adviced to do an update, but it is your choice.
(It is the same as for LDFind)

Print this item

LDFind 1.3.1.0
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2013-07-30, 8:19 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (1)

I just release version 1.3.1.0.
There is only one little change in the behaviour of this app.
If you add or delete files in your %LDRAWBASEDIR% you where forced to do an update.
Now you are adviced to do an update, but it is your choice.

Print this item

LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2013-01 now available
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2013-07-28, 14:36 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (20)

The LDraw All-In-One-Installer 2013-01, in short AIOI, has been released.

The AIOI supports Windows XP (Home and Pro), Windows Vista (all versions) and Windows 7 (all versions). On 64-Bit Operating Systems it will install in the "Program files (x86)" folder. The Installer will NOT run on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT Ver 4, 2000, or XP below SP2.

Changes:

• Removed Non-CA Parts Library
  • Unified license pages
  • LDFind 1.3.0.0 added
  • LDMakeList 2.12 added and made it the primer Parts.lst generator
  • Parts.lst is sorted with LDMakeList's -p and -a option, which sorts by description with the patterns at the end of the list and excludes alias files
  • MKList moved to a subfolder as backup
  • Rewrote the search routine for Pov-Ray and added a browse dialog asking for the location of Pov-Ray in case it couldn't be found

There are currently some issues with the registration of a file needed by Sticker Generator when installing on Windows 8.

You can download the AIOI from:

Home > Help > Get Started > LDraw All-In-One-Installer

Many thanks to all the programers who contributed to this release.

Willy Tschager
(LDraw.org Content Manager)

Print this item

Ribbed hose 7mm D 19 ribs to 35 ribs extention
Posted by: Remco Canten - 2013-07-28, 12:35 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (24)

i noticed after the last update there are 2 types of tubes.
13 and 19 ribbed hoses. can someone extend the hose 19 ribbed one to an 35 ribbed one?
hope this isn't to much a deal.

Rempie

Print this item

Downloading individual official library parts?
Posted by: Mark Kennedy - 2013-07-27, 17:55 - Forum: Help - Replies (2)

Is there anywhere that individual parts can be downloaded from the official library? For example if you accidently overwrite your old one.

Print this item

Component file missing from latest part update.
Posted by: Ahmed Elhassan - 2013-07-27, 7:16 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (8)

I recently downloaded and added the new and updated parts in the latest part update. Later when I opened one of my active LDraw projects to continue working on it I got this error message:

File Stg3-1x3.dat not found!

It seems that part #4625, Hinge Tile 1 x 4 was modified and now calls for a file called stug3-1x3.dat, but that dat file is missing. Incase the file was lost somehow when I updated the parts library, I decided to temporarily move my existing LDraw installation to my desktop and install another copy of the pre-update version. I did so and searched for the file called for using the built-in search function of Windows 8. There is no file by that name anywhere in any of LDraw's folder/file structure.

Perhaps someone forgot to include the needed stug file...

Print this item