Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,462
» Latest member: I am Fork
» Forum threads: 5,680
» Forum posts: 48,545

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 307 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 302 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google

Latest Threads
LDView 4.5 Released
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Eugen
2 hours ago
» Replies: 27
» Views: 8,231
Flag 2 x 2 with Blue and ...
Forum: Parts Authoring
3 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
Looking for a simple (fre...
Forum: Off-Topic
8 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 11,720
FreeStyle 1995-1998
Forum: Official Models
9 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 71
Datsville
Forum: MOCs (My Own Creations)
11 hours ago
» Replies: 54
» Views: 93,997
Milky Way Magic Chest 199...
Yesterday, 23:52
» Replies: 2
» Views: 92
New moulds with hollow st...
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
Yesterday, 13:14
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6,842
Plug34.dat and related pa...
Last Post: Magnus Forsberg
Yesterday, 7:34
» Replies: 23
» Views: 6,316
Town and Trains 1993
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
2024-10-04, 16:27
» Replies: 31
» Views: 19,049
Technic 2024
Last Post: Nico71
2024-10-04, 16:20
» Replies: 21
» Views: 16,170

slight idea for PT review page
Posted by: Santeri Piippo - 2014-01-19, 17:20 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (6)

When posting a review for a part, could the user's existing cert status be enabled by default in the radio buttons? This would make it easier to post comments without changing cert status.

e.g. suppose I vote cert on 13665.dat (which I actually did) and went to post a comment on it afterwards (which I also did), the "Certify" radio button would already be selected by default since I have an existing cert vote on the part, instead of leaving it blank and have me push novote by default and almost having me clear my cert by accident.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with these blunders and having the PT automatically select the existing cert radio button would make things that much easier.

Print this item

Sorting parts by upload date and/or last update
Posted by: Jude Parrill - 2014-01-19, 8:51 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (2)

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this request, as it is pertains to the PT part of the website and not the forums/main page, but I'm unsure where else to put it. So feel free to move it if there is a better place.

So, I, like I'm sure most of you are, am a big fan of the Master Parts List Page. It contains a lot of useful information in a nicely organized fashion, with the ability to sort it however you wish, save a few options that I would like to see added.

It would be nice if we could sort this list by the date the part was added to the PT. This way, it would be easy to see which parts have been on the PT for a long time and which ones were recently added, so that those of us looking for parts to edit can easily find the older ones.

In addition (or perhaps as an alternative), it might also be useful to be able to sort these parts based on their last update. For simplicity sake, this would be the date of the last submit. I think this information would be useful as well for part authors, editors, and reviewers for finding the parts most in need of attention.

Print this item

Thumbs Up 32225 Znap Grid Motor Holder
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2014-01-19, 8:35 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (2)

This is the only part from Znap series that is still missing in our library. I tried this myself some time ago, but could not finish.
It would be great if we can close that gap in the library this year Smile

[Image: 32225.jpg]

Bricklink

Print this item

LDStructure 1.3.0.1
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2014-01-18, 23:11 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (3)

I just release the next version of LDStructure (version 1.3.0.1).

New in this version:
The position and size of the window is now stored between session.

Bugfix:
The pictures of the parts are not shown. - Occurs if the LDRAWDIR enviroment variable is not set. - Now fixed.

You can download LDStructure at : http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=ldstructure

Print this item

LDFind 1.3.5.2
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2014-01-18, 23:08 - Forum: All Other Programs. - Replies (4)

I just released the version 1.3.5.2 of LDFind.

From this version on the window size and position will be stored between session. Also there is now a splitter between the viewer and the file listbox, so you can adjust the window more to your wishes.
Additionally in the Option dialog box there are now some setting that has influence on the visual appearance of the part shown.
Thanks to Philo for this ideas.

One user claimed that the picture do not show anything. Finally I found the problem and this is now fixed.

LDFind can be downloaded from http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=ldfind

Please send all questions, suggestion for this version as answer to this thread.
Thanks.

Print this item

LDCad 1.3 Beta 1 (win+linux)
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2014-01-18, 20:09 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (56)

Time flies, just three months after 1.2 I'm proud to release version 1.3

It's major new features are:

• Basic part snapping on (growing) subset of parts
  • Spring generation
  • Closed loop paths (e.g. rubber band)
  • Part ghosting

I'm very proud on the part snapping but I feel it isn't just good enough so I kept it disabled by default for now. You can enable it at anytime using the compass or shift+p

Please note snapping works only on a selected group of parts. This because extra information is needed for it to work. I've input this information for over 700 .dat files. this results in full information for all parts in the following bin groups:
  • The 'Plain bricks', 'Pat. bricks' and 'normal plates' under sorted/bricks
  • The 'Axles', 'Beams and liftarms', 'Bricks', 'Connectors and pins', 'Gears', 'Plates', 'Pneumatic', 'Shocks' groups under sorted/technic
  • It also includes the power function template related parts.

You can download the latest version as per usual from the main site

I've also created a youtube clip which demonstrates most new features.

And finally some screenshots featuring the new example models:

[Image: 1-3-B1-ForumScrShot1.png]

[Image: 1-3-B1-ForumScrShot2.png]

Hope you all like the new version, if you have any comments / questions let me know.

Print this item

Thumbs Up Panel 2 x 5 x 6 Wall with Window Stones and 2 Columns Pattern
Posted by: Christoph Mierowski - 2014-01-18, 17:54 - Forum: Part Requests - Replies (1)

Panel 2 x 5 x 6 Wall with Window Stones and 2 Columns Pattern

pic from peeron

Print this item

3626a/b/c
Posted by: Stephan Meisinger - 2014-01-18, 12:16 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (10)

Hi,

i would like to adress the issue preventing 3626cpm0.dat (and maybe others) to go offical. (since Oct 2013)
Since printings with the same print on different stud types will increase. b and c types are both still in productions (and there also some a / b matches)

What are the options?
Where is the problem in general?

Thanks

Print this item

Speed racer series
Posted by: Massimo Maso - 2014-01-18, 10:03 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (10)

Hello to all,
I will upload the Speed racers models that I made.
You can use it freely, I give it 'Free ONLY for NON-Commercial Use'.
At the time are referred as "Unofficial model" but only because they were not verified by other people.
In case of errors or problems reported me. Thanks.

Here are some notes for possible improvements

They collected all the models of the Speed racers series.

There are 4 box-sets that I organized in the following way :
1 ldr file for every vehicle;
1 mpd file for the vehicle with mobile part and/or with independent structure (building).

If there are moving parts (hooks, trailers , tippers, ...) I created more ldr files for a single vehicle in order to simplify a possible next animation .
In order not to complicate the archive, however, the wheels have been incorporated into the one file ldr of the vehicle.

The basic idea is to assign names to the following :
xxxx [x] - [z] - [u]
xxxx [x] is the code box ( four or five digits)
z is the progressive optional for different independent models inside the box
u is a letter optional for the parts that make up the model, and that can move between them.

As for the choice of colors, I tried to respect those provided by Lego, but it is possible that some have escaped me.

I did not use stickers: I do not like in real life and I prefer not to use them even in the virtual world.

I did not create the minifigures.

Ldr files were introduced in the steps for building: do not reflect the official ones of the instruction manual.
The models are built bottom-up , the last pieces of the vehicles are always wheels and tires.

The vehicles are all oriented with the longitudinal axis x and muzzle in a positive direction.

Some parts, used to build the models, are not yet available in the official version LDraw.
If there is at least the unofficial version, I've used it.
There are still some parts are not available.
What follows is the list of the missing parts in each model.

In 8158 it miss the hub cap 62359 and it use the unofficial mudguard 62361
In 8159 it miss the hub cap 62359 and it use the unofficial mudguard 62361
In 8160 it miss the hub cap 62359 and it use the unofficial mudguard 62361
In 8161 it use the unofficial mudguard 62361

Because the vehicles of Racer-X in 8159 and 8160 box-set are the same, I don't duplicate the file.

Now stop write, it's time to load the models!
I hope you enjoy them as I liked building them!

Print this item

Need help with 13793
Posted by: Stan Isachenko - 2014-01-17, 13:31 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (9)

I can't connect tube to handle, and have priblem with button. Help me please.

Attached Files
.dat   13793.dat (Size: 16.95 KB / Downloads: 0)
.dat   t04q3030.dat (Size: 16.4 KB / Downloads: 0)
.dat   2.dat (Size: 5.34 KB / Downloads: 0)
Print this item