Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 4,033
» Latest member: Warter
» Forum threads: 5,503
» Forum posts: 47,354

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 727 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 720 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, Orion Pobursky, Paweł Turalski, Philippe Hurbain

Latest Threads
Technic 2019
Forum: Official Models
Last Post: Paweł Turalski
2 hours ago
» Replies: 36
» Views: 28,956
Part request: 50986pb003 ...
Forum: Part Requests
Last Post: Rene Rechthaler
4 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 21
2024/2025 LDraw.org Steer...
Forum: LDraw.org Announcements
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
4 hours ago
» Replies: 40
» Views: 2,349
Part request: 553pb032 - ...
Last Post: Franklin W. Cain
5 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 27
Studio Connectivity Data
Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers
Last Post: Cam's Bricks
Yesterday, 20:13
» Replies: 22
» Views: 7,624
Creator 2023
Last Post: Marc Giraudet
Yesterday, 19:29
» Replies: 2
» Views: 153
2024-03 update will be on...
Forum: Parts Tracker Discussion
Last Post: Steffen
Yesterday, 18:19
» Replies: 2
» Views: 115
Calculate the individual ...
Forum: Off-Topic
Last Post: Manfred Schaefer
Yesterday, 17:15
» Replies: 3
» Views: 298
Technic 1982
Last Post: Takeshi Takahashi
Yesterday, 14:50
» Replies: 11
» Views: 2,468
Part request: 18392pb04 -...
Last Post: Anthony
Yesterday, 8:06
» Replies: 0
» Views: 60

James Jessiman Memorial Award for 2015 awarded to Roland Melkert
Posted by: Willy Tschager - 2015-12-24, 11:56 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (5)

The LDraw.org Steering Committee is pleased to announce that the 2015 James Jessiman Memorial Award (JJMA) recipient is Roland Melkert.

Just as last year programmers prevailed over part-authors as recipient for the JJMA, but the fact that there was no discussion who to pick from the candidates once Roland's name was on the table, shows how much he deserves our recognition. Roland discovered - he used the word "stumbled on" - LDraw somewhere in 2000/2001. The oldtimers among us will remember his first program LDModeler where you could animate a minifig by pulling up and down some sliders long before someone tried to get some life into a minifig by complicated POVRay scripts or Blender animation. Roland's second "exercise" LD4DStudio an LDraw animator with fast real-time preview is still online. The term "exercise" is by no means meant to be diminishing. By Roland's own admission the LDraw programs we all benefit from are subject for some programming experiments. Roland, who is a self employed software engineer from the Netherlands, uses LDraw every time he needs to learn something new. In the case of LD4DStudio it was OpenGL; luckily around 2010 he decided to dive into multi platform development which lead to LDCad, the most powerful and complete LDraw editor so far. Let's hope there are many more things to learn - for our benefit ;-) - for the this year's James Jessiman Memorial Award recipient: Roland Melkert!

More information on the JJMA can be found at: http://www.ldraw.org/article/222.html

Willy Tschager
On behalf of the LDraw.org Steering Committee

Print this item

Mesh from Lego games
Posted by: Stan Isachenko - 2015-12-23, 20:48 - Forum: Parts Authoring - Replies (17)

Hi all. I found way how to extract mesh from Lego Star Wars. I have this *.obj file, but i have questions. Is there any way to convert it to dat format, and find right scale. If we find solution, we can extract a lot of meshes( mostly minifigs and creatures) and convert them to ldraw( than clean up ,add conditional lines and edges)

Attached Files
.zip   JABBA_PC.zip (Size: 25.83 KB / Downloads: 7)
Print this item

LeoCAD - Rendered file without saving
Posted by: Jake A. - 2015-12-23, 17:42 - Forum: Rendering Techniques - Replies (2)

I'm new to LeoCAD, and today I have rendered a few minifigures but never saved them. I wish to go back and edit them but I can't because LeoCAD can't open .3ds files. Is there a way I can convert them back to:

• .lcd
  • .ldr
  • .dat or
  • .mpd
so I can edit them again?

Thanks

Print this item

LDraw OMR website
Posted by: Merlijn Wissink - 2015-12-23, 10:50 - Forum: General LDraw.org Discussion - Replies (117)

Hello everyone,

First off, I wasn't exactly sure in which subforum to post this, so I just placed it in general. I hope that's no problem.

Anyway, as the title already says, I wanted to talk about a website for the LDraw OMR sets. I'm the 'indexer'/'maintainer' of the huge list of user-submitted LDraw models at EuroBricks. I also was the one that started submitting LDraw files from EuroBricks onto Brickset. Due to reasons (which I won't include here now) the Brickset uploading stopped a while ago (for now at least).

And in between all of that and more, is the 'LDraw OMR'. A specification that a lot of people like, but the repository itself doesn't really exist. That's been bothering me since I started using LDraw years ago: everyone keeps talking about this 'Offical Model Repository', but it's nowhere to be found (easily at least). I'd like to change that. I was thinking about a little website which collects all those OMR files and makes it easy for the user to search for the file they'd like to download.

In fact, this morning I already made a prototype website. A little while ago I started experimenting with Python and a web-framework called Django (in my little experience, it's an amazing framework btw) and I saw this as a great oppurtunity to experiment and learn some more.

Well, prototype, it's actually already a fully working website which is just missing a bunch of features and content (and isn't hosted anywhere). As I said before, it's made in python using a framework called Django and it uses a sqllite database. It's fully functional; it has an admin-interface to add files and sets to the database. The only major feature that's missing is a search and listing of all available files. But those things are very easy to add. I just haven't done it yet.

You can view some images of what I have so far, here.

So, I was wondering what you guys think about this? Is this a good idea? Would it be better to be a standalone website or a subdomain at ldraw.org? Also, I have completely 0 experience with hosting anything, let alone a python application... Anyone who has more experience with that?

And, lastly: if this text is kind of vague or has no structure at all: I'm sorry, my writing skills were always very bad :|

Have a nice day! Smile

Print this item

DATHeader 3.0.19.0
Posted by: Michael Heidemann - 2015-12-21, 8:28 - Forum: Parts Author Tools - Replies (31)

There are some new features build in now and also (as always) bugfixes and changes.

New
1) Command line option /r changed to ui less version for scanning of files only and write the report to a file in "<userdocuments>\MPDCenter""
2) Command line option /c (correct) in conjunction with /r will correct the file and write it to "<userdocuments>\MPDCenter\corrected".
3) Command line option /l (library) works with both options on the library with report and correction (library will not be touched). (auf Recifier postprocessor achten-erl.)
3) If a conditional line and a line have the same values, the conditional line will be deleted.
Changes
1) Message for wrong comment lines changed.
2) Message for not corrected triangle because of colinear vertices changed.
3) If you "Save as" then the new name is written to the "Name:"-tag of the new file.
4) the application has now a new icon
5) There is no test for flat files scaled in the flat direction.
Bugfix
1) Correct colinear quad sometimes bring wrong lines.
2) Check on file name ending ...s01 or ..p01 could generate an error.
3) using of rectifier postprocessing gave wrong messages.
4) parsing of the author line improved.
5) If a subfile could not be found the boundingbox is set to all zero.
6) If the entire file will be flushed, also the picture will be flushed and the new header

You can download the tool as always from http://ldraw.heidemann.org/index.php?page=datheader

Print this item

LDCad 1.5 Beta 2 (win+linux)
Posted by: Roland Melkert - 2015-12-20, 22:39 - Forum: LDraw Editors and Viewers - Replies (8)

Hello all,

I've finally managed to finish beta 2.

It mainly fixes some minor and some potential very annoying things.

It also introduces some minor new features, namely:

(sub)model duplication.
New path part skin options (to better emulate LSynth behavior if wanted).
Part bin search tweaks (you can now search for e.g. 2x4 and it will find "2 x 4", "2 x 4", "3 x 2 x 4" etc).
New/updated snap info (mostly done by Philo, thanks to him for that).

If no major problems are found / reported based on this version I'm hoping to do a final 1.5 version in a couple of weeks.

As always the latest version can be found here:
http://www.melkert.net/LDCad/download

Print this item

error message on ldraw.org download page
Posted by: Steffen - 2015-12-19, 19:39 - Forum: Website Suggestions/Requests/Discussion - Replies (2)

the page
http://www.ldraw.org/parts/latest-parts.html
shows the error message

Code:
WARNING:
The {breadcrumbs} tag is removed from CMSMS Core
Instead, now use in your HTML template: {nav_breadcrumbs} !
who can fix this?

Print this item

Call for votes: Allow flat primitives to use any non-zero scale
Posted by: Travis Cobbs - 2015-12-18, 21:47 - Forum: Standards Board - Replies (5)

Please vote on the following change to the LDraw Primitives Reference.

Update the following text from

Quote:must be given a scaling factor of 1.
to
Quote:must be given a non-zero scaling factor.
in both places that it occurs in the document (change is in bold). (Both places the original text occurs refer to flat primitives.)

Print this item

10018 - Darth Maul
Posted by: Florent Faramond - 2015-12-14, 11:31 - Forum: Official Models - Replies (8)

Hi,

You can find in attached the official model 10018 Darth Maul.

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.mpd   10018.mpd (Size: 84.25 KB / Downloads: 8)
Print this item

[Mostly Fixed] Main site problems due to upgrade
Posted by: Orion Pobursky - 2015-12-14, 4:09 - Forum: LDraw.org Announcements - Replies (11)

We are aware of the problems with the Main Site. It is due to a software upgrade and will be fixed shortly.

Print this item