10179 UCS Millennium Falcon [Star Wars]

10179 UCS Millennium Falcon [Star Wars]
10179 UCS Millenium Falcon [Star Wars]

[Image: 10179_UCS_Millenium_Falcon.jpg]

Download MPD-file (not OMR compliant)

OMR compliant mpd-file created by Philippe Hurbain

[Image: 10179_Minifigs_Stand.jpg]

OMR compliant mpd-file containing display and minifigs

Done with LDCad 1.4b (Win XP) and 1.5 Beta 1 (Win 10)

Hopefully there are only the following errors:
- LEGO Dish Inverted Ø80 (10 x 10) with Decoration #59240 replaced by #50990
- No display
- No minfigs Minifigs included as good as possible. Patterned parts are not fully correct.
- No stickers
- A few connections are not tight. They do not snap accurately. Due to the tolerance you can make these connections snap easily in real life. But unfortunately the virtual model is extremely rigid. So I had to optimise these connections as good as possible.

According to the instructions there are 96 main steps and around 800 sub steps. The mpd-file contains 191 submodels.

Bendend version of 47996 Lattice 3X28M: I modified the official LDraw file 47990 to create the bended version. The mpd-file directly contains all required files.
Re: 10179 UCS Millenium Falcon [Star Wars]
Excellent! Two issues:
- submodel 174 uses subModel-175.ld instead of subModel-175.ldr
- why not include unofficial parts (especially 47996 bent) in mpd, using eg. MPDCenter?
Many thanks!

I correted the "ldr-issue". The updated mpd-file is already online.

Unfortunately I do not understand your second point. May you give me some more details please?
I jump in here...
Philo's second point means, that unofficial parts, which are used can be changed due to our certification process. That means the origin, rotation and shape or even the overall measurement can be changed in this time. Not including these files in the mpd-file can cause some problems, because these parts can be totally misplaced, if the model is opened later (when the part is official).
To suppress this behaviour you can simply add these unofficial files to the mpd-file and it will look the same even if an unoffical part had become official in the meantime.
I hope this helps to understand Philo's thoughts.

/Max
Yes, that's exactly what I meant. As an exemple of problems that arrise if you don't include unofficial parts, see http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?t...2#pid17872
Yes, thanks! So I will add the unofficial files directly to the mpd-file.

But now I wonder how to technically realise it? What exactly means "simply add these unofficial files to the mpd-file"?
Do I have to add all unofficial files as submodels?

Thanks again for help.

For editing ldr-files I usually use LDD Pad.
You should try MPDCenter. This will perform most of the things automatically. :-)

/Max
And if you need help - I am also here - author of MPDCenter ;-)

cu
Mike
Got it!

I used MPD-Center to import the unofficial files. The updated mpd-file now directly contains all „extremely unofficial parts“. So the new file is a stand-alone-version and no further action is required. Not bad! Until now I was not aware of this feature.

Thanks a lot to all for your support.
Just as a note, this shows off an LDView bug rather dramatically (seam width shrinkage getting applied repeatedly to the same part to make it get squished too small). If you have seams turned on in LDView, the transparent blue parts in the back won't look right. I think I fixed this in my development code, but I'm not 100% sure; I'll have to check.
What a pity - not OMR compliant!!! If you get to fix it by Friday it'll make it to the 2015-01 AIOI I'm currently testing for release.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Someone may also want to fix the spelling of Millennium.
Done! Thank you.
Sorry, so far I have no experience in OMR compliance. Maybe somebody else may rework the file and make it OMR compliant?
Any volunteer out there?
The OMR specs can be found here:

http://www.ldraw.org/article/593.html

Your tool of choice is MPDCenter. "Informations -> LDraw OMR check" tells you what's wrong. Right click in the file tree to change license, description, name, ...

The AIOI comes with tons of OMR compliant models. Have a look in your:

C:\Users\<user>\Documents\LDraw

folder and load them in MPDCenter to see how your file differs.

Bye, w.
LEGO ergo sum
OK, here is the procedure I followed with MPDCenter on this specific file... (tutorial from a guy that has limited understanding of all the nitty-gritty things that makes a file OMR compliant, but knows a way that works - Thanks Mike!)

1. First step is to properly setup LDraw folders of MPDCenter (options->options).
    • If your LDraw folder is a clean one, without any unofficial part, set the path to pure official folder on it as well as your LDraw base folder. Set the unofficial parts folder to the folder that contains your unofficial parts (doh')
    • If you mix your unofficial parts with official ones, download an up-to-date complete.zip and unzip it in a folder then set the path to pure official folder on it. Set your LDraw base folder and unofficial parts folder to your regular LDraw folder.
  2. Name your mpd file as "xxxxx - name of set.mpd", here "10179 - Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon.mpd"
  3. Start MPDCenter, open your mpd file. MPDCenter trundles a bit - your file is NOT OMR conform Wink
  4. In the tree window, select main model of your file (here main.ldr) then Edit -> Header dialog
  5. Here, set author name, theme, etc... and most importantly the license as redistribuable (a not-redistribuable file can't be OMR compliant), click "Apply".
  6. Answer "yes" to apply the header data to all file in mpd, and yes again to allow MPDCenter to rename files in MPD to be OMR conform.
  7. MPDCenter does its thing, then (because this file contains specialized parts file - the bended 47996 that has no redistribuable license) complains that the mpd is still not OMR conform...
  8. To solve this issue, click on each specific part file in tree window, then right click on it, and set license entry to redistribuable.
  9. Check again for OMR conformity (Information->LDraw OMR check). This time, we get references to ~Moved to parts that should be updated (in the options it is possible to make this update automatic on file load)
  10. To do this: Edit -> Update '~Moved to' refecences
  11. We are almost done... the last step is to include all unofficial parts to the mpd so that it remains consistent even if unofficial parts are renamed, moved or rotated. This is actually the most important step of all... To do this: Import -> Import unofficial files.
  12. Save mpd. Phew :p
Attached the processed file..

Attached Files
.mpd   10179 - Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon.mpd (Size: 458.83 KB / Downloads: 10)
Like it lot Philo! Could you please sand the text a little bit suitable for the tutorial section at LDraw.org. It would be good also to attach the NON-OMR version and rename it "10179 - Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon - NotORM.mpd". Do you want me to add it to the CMS or will you do it yourself?

w.
LEGO ergo sum
Added to the AIOI. Thanks to both of you for sharing and fixing.

w.
LEGO ergo sum
I guess I can have a try... I'll yell for help if needed Wink
Thanks a lot for reworking the file as well as for your tutorial. It's an excellent tutorial: I understood it right away!
HEeEeeEELP !!!
Can't login on the wiki. Isn't it the same login/pwd as here?
You've got mail. ;-)
OK, the password can be different. Logged in...
Done http://wiki.ldraw.org/index.php?title=Pr...compliance
...but I have not found how to make it appear in the tutorial section?
Feel free to edit/improve.
Added to tutorial section. ;-)
You just need to add
Code:
[[Category:Tutorials]]
at the end. Thanks for making this site available!

/Max
Just for my education, where did you find this info?
I simply scrolled through an other page which can be called from the category:tutorial page and found this entry on the very end. ;-)
Ah! Wink
Was hoping you found some documentation...
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Cate...a_category

That is the documentation you are looking for Smile
Re: 10179 UCS Millennium Falcon [Star Wars]
I just added display and minifigs to the mpd-file (see initial posting). Regarding the minifigs unfortunately some patterned parts are not available.
Do this one too!

[Image: 17403200071_daabc85148_o.0.jpg]
That's an highly amazing build, Michael!

But due to a personal policy I only do virtual builds having a maximum of 9.999 parts. This one is 10.000. So unfortunately I have to refuse. I'm so sorry .... ;-)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »